Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - Springs's Reserve Role Takes Some by Surprise (Merged)

JimmiJo

you've been hanging around JLC too much :laugh:

seriously Gibbs will not say anything false, and if they thought Smoot looked better in practice or Springs looked a little slow... doesn't mean that they would go to spring about it

do you really think Gibbs & Williams wouldn't play a player or start a player over a contract, or personal issues?

They put the best players out there they think will win

besides Williams has certain players in certain packages, and what ever package they use depends on the game plan...

Didn't Springs have an injury concern causing him to miss the last couple pre-season games???

JLC is always trying to find some illogica; conspiracy

Just like the Giants won't discuss Eli's shoulder, or the Raiders didn't name a starter QB until they had to.... or anything by Belicheck

Same with the Todd Wade or Heyer decision... Wade may know, but Gibbs doesn't want the eagles to know until they have too

"Start? I doubt it," Springs said. "Usually when you start the season off like that, that's probably the way it is." :2cents:

Springs was the snitch?

It is pretty obvious he was

In the article he referred to things prior to 2006

That and the biggest clue was on Bram's show that week with Dexter Manley, when Dexter wrote out the number of who the snitch was

Bram said "this is a leader and major contributor on the D"

The whole press corps covering the Redskins knew it was him. Anyone who has any deductive reasoning knew it was Springs

seriously Gibbs will not say anything false, and if they thought Smoot looked better in practice or Springs looked a little slow... doesn't mean that they would go to spring about it

do you really think Gibbs & Williams wouldn't play a player or start a player over a contract, or personal issues?

besides Williams has certain players in certain packages, and what ever package they use depends on the game plan...

Didn't Springs have an injury concern causing him to miss the last couple pre-season games???

JLC is always trying to find some illogica; conspiracy

Bubba you know I usually see things your way, but this is Springs saying it, not JLC. When a player comes out and says in public:

"I felt better going into that game Sunday than I have in four years," Springs said. "I don't know what Coach Gibbs is talking about."

It can't mean anything good. This is the type of thing that does not occur much with the Redskins and it has been since Arrington was here that it has.

I am not trying to make this what it is not, but at the same time it is what it is.

Lavar Arrington in 2005, Adam Archuleta in 2006, Shawn Springs in 2007

This D staff really has to quit with these games

Arrington was injured

and his play in NY in 06 proved that

AA didn't play much in Chicago yesterday

Springs it's one game and didn't Spring miss a couple of Pre-season games because of some slight injury concerns???

**cough Lavar and Arch cough*

I agree! It seems the coaches are still upset with Springs for skiping the OTA's. Springs is our best CB, and Fred as much as I enjoy him was reminding me of Kenny Wright yesterday:doh:

They are pissed because he wouldn't take a pay cut, plain and simple

Now to Springs credit, it seems like he will do whatever is asked of him with a smile and not stir anything up unnecessarily

This is however a disturbing pattern, not only with the D, but with the organization how a player starts to get blackballed and eventually run out of town

i am worried about this. it is becoming a perennial trend around here that a player on the defense seems to be on the outs with the coaches. Springs is very important to this team. Everyone in my section at FedEx was wondering the same thing..."WTF is spring doing standing there!!!!???" I really, REALLY hope that they are just be cautious with him this year, but history says there is something else going on....

Arrington was injured

Springs it's one game and didn't Spring miss a couple of Pre-season games because of some slight injury concerns???

Seriously, you are my man Bubba, and even you have to see this awful pattern

Its not the fact that players get phased out. It happens all over the NFL

It is HOW they get phased out

It starts with the non starts. Or not having them in on any plays

Suddenly they are non entities within the locker room. A black hole on the roster

This is a disturbing pattern that I was hoping the organization had grown up from. Clearly they haven't

Arrington was injured

Yeah, but Arrington was lightyears ahead of Holdman...and his play in 2005 proved that.

And let's face it, it's not as if Springs was the only starter who missed a couple of preseason games due to some "injury concerns"...he's the only starter not starting because of it, though.

I'm hoping he'll be back in the starting lineup this week. Rogers vs Chambers is one thing. Rogers vs Reggie Brown I think I could live with. Rogers vs Burress. No.

He actually did pretty good against him last year. Carlos has problems with the smaller, speedy guys like Chambers, Williamson(Troy), and Galloway. He does pretty good against the bigger receivers like Plaxico and T.O.

Oh, I think Williams would definitely 'send a message' to a player if he felt he wasn't being listened to - or for any multitude of reasons.

Here's my thing though. Carlos Rogers is not a #1 corner. I don't think Carlos Rogers will ever be a #1 corner. I'm just not seeing any growth there, and I think he's vastly overrated. We need Springs a hell of a lot more than he needs us this season. Maybe he's expressed that - but even if he has, its the truth.

The team needs to get Springs back on the reservation - and quick. If that takes some swallowing of coaching pride, I think its worth it. You bought Coles a TV, buy Shawn one :) And make it a big ol' plasma flat screen. This is a hell of a time to have major 'issues' with a key player. And Springs is a pretty frigging key player in my opinion.

Without a solid secondary (and I don't think Smoot and Rogers represent one alone), we cannot be a top 10 defense.

Bubba you know I usually see things your way, but this is Springs saying it, not JLC. When a player comes out and says in public:

"I felt better going into that game Sunday than I have in four years," Springs said. "I don't know what Coach Gibbs is talking about."

It can't mean anything good. This is the type of thing that does not occur much with the Redskins and it has been since Arrington was here that it has.

I am not trying to make this what it is not, but at the same time it is what it is.

That is a quote that JLC put in there after asking about it, and he has been harping about it in his blog... trying to make a big deal out of nothing, yet again

GW says time and time again... there is no set starters

and speaking of LA, hindsight has proved that LA was not ready, and had more problems than he would admit

knowing Gibbs, and the way he does things, he is not going to fabricate anything to hide something, he would just use coach speak to not talk about it... besides coaches don't want to tell everything that the team does, or why they do something... because they are secretive, and don't want to give out any info to other teams

Archived