Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Main difference between last years opener vs. Minnesota and this years vs. Miami

mojobo

Shaun Suisham. If you remember last year we were in a very close game which ended with John Hall missing from 48 yards. This year we see Shaun Suisham end the game with a 40 yarder and making 2 more field goals before that. But going even further from field goals has anyone noticed that during kickoffs with Suisham the ball will be kicked within 5 yards of the goal line every time but when Hall was kicking we'd be lucky to see the ball land beyond the 15 yard line. Gotta love having a reliable kicker who can make field goals and start you off with great field position every time.

well of course that is the biggest.

I am mad that they took Frost 60+ yard punt away. But yeah our special teams is solid. Who knows they might win us a super bowl :secret:

That call was reversed...it ended up being a 74-yard punt with the penalty tacked on.

LOL at the refs calling John Riggins for holding... :laugh:

Biggest difference? attitude

Last year, especially at the beginning we seemed to be confused about our team identity, and in the case of the D, lacked one all season. This year we came out and said we're going to beat the s*** out of you and come after you full speed every down, in every phase of the game. Even though I sadly only saw the last part of the game due to being in TX (only bad thing about it) I saw a team that wanted to go out and punish the opponent. If your in our way, we're going to run you over, no matter what. That is the biggest difference.

I dunno if Suisham was the biggest difference, but going 3/3 on field goals sure does help. I don't know if people are forgetting he went 8/9 last year and had a great clutch kick vs the Rams. The fact that he isn't emotional makes it even better. It will help with his consitancy.

I've already picked up Suisham as my kicker in one of my fantasy leagues. He will be one of the top kickers of the year, mark my words.

Archived