Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

About that late 'false start' penalty on Yoder

Ghost of

It was a good call. Yoder and Sellers both went in motion at the same time. I dont understand the some of the ruling on shiftin etc, cause the skins do it so much before every offensive snap. But you normally dont see sellers in motion like that with the TE moving that way at the same time. THe Jason Taylor so called false start- I thought it was a good no call. Taylor just read the snap very well and got a good jump without breakin the neutral zone. Hes done it before. It was just good timing on his part. HTTR

If the call was for Sellers' motion, it would have been called illegal motion.

None of you who defended the call remember that atrocious call that cost us the Green Bay game in 2004?

It was the same play that caught Bmore off guard in the preseason, but I do think the penaly was on Sellars they just called it wrong.

It was a good call. Yoder and Sellers both went in motion at the same time. I dont understand the some of the ruling on shiftin etc, cause the skins do it so much before every offensive snap. But you normally dont see sellers in motion like that with the TE moving that way at the same time. THe Jason Taylor so called false start- I thought it was a good no call. Taylor just read the snap very well and got a good jump without breakin the neutral zone. Hes done it before. It was just good timing on his part. HTTR

Uh, two men ARE allowed to be in motion and again, those aren't considered dead ball calls anyway (just like the Green bay one)

It's like some people never even tried to read the thread.

I explained why Seller is irrelevant--ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY.

The call was 1) ON Yoder 2) For a false start for ABRUPT movement (meaning, in their stupid opinion and chicken**** view, Yoder did his shift too quickly) 3) The call was dead ball, which can only be false start not illegal motion, during which the play continues, just as an early hold would not totally halt a play

So again, STOP TALKING ABOUT THE MOTION. Only Yoder's motion is of any relevance. The question is whether you believe Yoder's shift was 'abrupt' enough to be a real false start. THAT is a legit question (though still crappy as a call to me) but nothing should be under discussion about how many men were in motion or anything Sellers did.

If you DONT agree that Yoder made an abrupt move, then it's a penalty on the Dolphins for encroachment.

I know Redskins v Dolphins is not the premier game of the week - but good heavens...I'm not sure that I agree w/ Danny's new promotion -

Random Fed Ex, Some Spa, Southwest, Budweiser, Papa John's and Popeye's officiating crew.....tonight's officiating crew are the loyal fans located in section 454 Row 23.

]']Not to mention that Taylor was offsides on the play that ended Jansen's season.

Is that how he got to be DPOY? By cheating? And he said Merriman didn't deserve DPOY because of allegations. What a hypocrite.

Yep - horrible officiating....the bad calls our way and their way.....it was amateur night tonight and not the kind I like.

Sellers did move after Thomas was in our backfield....we'll see Parreira's dumbass on NFL network i'm sure defneding the refs. Wish they would show the egregious non call when Taylor raked Campbell's facemask in the first half. You can't touch a qb's head period and its always 15yrds and a first down.

I agree as you stated the play. I'm not sure if Taylor came across BEFORE Sellars moved. That's my only question. I have to go back and watch the play again.

Yeah, I would agree if that happened as the original poster stated but I believe that Sellars and Yoder moved simultaneously.

The PI call was the worst of the game. First, that wasn't interference. Rogers didn't pull down, the receiver was actually using his arms to not let Rogers run past him. Second, the contact was at the 10, and the ball his 7 yards deep in the endzone. There was no way that ball was being caught. A bad call all around.

Thankfully, the Phins imploded and didn't get a TD.

It really was, as you said, he had his hand draped across his legs, rogers tried to pull it off... probably much harder to call in real life, but I don't feel that either player's motion was impeded enough to make that ball catchable

Here it is guys. Where we screwed up was when we told them before the game that we were going to try it so that means it becomes a gimmick to try to get them to go offsides.

If we kept our mouth shut then just went on and ran it then we would argue that we didnt do nothing illegal. We can argue this because the refs huddle up after a call that and a player can throw their 2 cents in while they are deliberating. So basically the refs screwed us over because they knew we were going to do it.

Archived