Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's on your gameday menu?

BraveWarrior

I went to the store today to buy some food for tomorrow, and the place was packed with people who were wearing their team colors (mostly Giants and Jets since I live in NJ).

So, what is everyone going to make for game snacks/lunch/dinner or what-have-you? What about those of you who are going to the game? Any interesting tailgate fare?

I am making Texas BBQ chili, which will require getting up at 6am to put everything in the slow cooker. Then I'll go back to bed (but probably won't sleep due to opening day anticipation) as it cooks. It should be all ready by the 2nd quarter. I am also making a cheese dip for tortilla chips that is basically just salsa blended into Velveeta cheese. Simple but tasty.

I will be tailgaiting and grilling up some mahi mahi!

You got the right idea! I'm joining the ES tailgate - bringing some Ambrosia salad and just finished baking a few dozen cookies as well. Probably have a cold sub in there at some point too.

Damn, there's a lot of us that can't sleep!!!! Woot!!!!

Since it's an early game, I'm going with 7-layer dip w/ tortilla chips and beer.

7-layer dip recipe:

On a serving tray spread each ingredient in layers hence the name.

-refried beans

-quacamole

-sour cream

-shredded cheddar cheese

-diced black olives, diced green onion, and diced tomatos

For the victory celebration, it's a Costco 13lb sirloin that I cut into 12oz steaks (New York Strip). Grillin' and served with sautee'd onions and mushrooms with baked baby potatoes in butter, garlic, and rosemary.

Archived