Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's our #2 CB?

ExoDus84

Hey guys. I may have missed this, and my apologies if it's already been announced, but who is our #2 corner? Has williams or gibbs made that decision?

Carlos struggled last season, and we got smoot back....so I'm just curious as to which one should be the starter. I was thinking smoot would be the #2 until carlos got some more experience under this belt, but who knows.

Has this been announced? The front page has a story about the roster breakdown, and said that Carlos is the expected starter. Is this correct?

Smoot and Macklin are situational guys until one of them works their way in. As much as I love Smoot, Im hoping having two good guys over his shoulder will make Carlos perform to his abilities. I haven't given up on Stonehands just yet.

OMG stop asking this, it been asked 1201249072348 times already.

Just look at the depth chart it should give you an idea.

Relax a little...we're all 'skins fans here.

The Depth Chart listed on the website says it's "unofficial".

A fellow 'skins fan simply asked if GW has made any public statements

regarding the #2 corner position.

To the OP, I haven't heard one way or the other, but my guess is Rogers

will get the start.

I know this question is asked a lot, i was just wondering if an official word has been said as to who is the #2. I figured it would probably be carlos. I just hope he learns how to hold on to the ball this year and can improve our turnover ratio. Too many more drops, and smoot will roll ahead of him in the depth chart.

I love having CB depth,though. Tis a wonderful feeling.

Carlos struggled last season,

Really? I agree if you mean he struggled with his "hands" The guy had 17 pass deflects. That's huge and half of those arguably should have been picks. No way does he not start. He didn't struggle at all last year other that the hands thing, but that aside he's fast as lightning, tackles out of his mind, and presses better than any corner in the league IMO (or he's at least as good of a presser as anyone in the league). Honestly, Smoot can't hold Rogers' jock when Rogers is playing well, but I like Smooty as our Nickel and backup guy. Carlos gets the start, no doubt.

HTTR

my only problem with carlos is his lack of speed which usually results in bigger cushions

however i still believe he should start because if he would have held on to 3-4 of those balls, he would have been in the pro bowl

the carlos hate is unnecessary..... lets back our starters

Carlos needs to take over the nick name of 50/50 now.... And its not because he catches it 50% of the time. Its because he never catches it!

One of the old school coaches (Cant remember which one) use to say that the reason they hated passing the ball was there was 3 things that could happen and two of them were bad.... A completion, incompletion or interception. Well Carlos illiminates one of them. lol

It is an interesting question. Rogers has started each preseason game but I personally beleive Fred is the better player.

Fred was brought in and claimed that he did not want to be a backup. The answer will be known week 1.

Rogers is a more complete player than Smoot. Smoot can't do even 10% of what Rogers does in run support and it's debatable whether Smoot is better in coverage.

Smoot will be a good 3rd corner to have and might be a starter again next year depending on what happens with Springs. Hell, with Springs' injury history there's a chance that he might start this year too.

But Springs and Rogers are the starters.

Archived