Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll - Predict Skins Season

Tomel

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Best case scenario - The D goes back to 04/05 form; JC plays better than expected; both Portis and Betts get over 1000 yards; everyone stays healthy....10-6, maybe 11-5.

Most likely - The D plays much improved, but still can't get many turnovers or generate much of a pass rush; JC plays well, but has typical growing pains; offense putters around for much of the year until it finally hits a grove late.....8-8, maybe 9-7

Worst case scenario - The D plays like it did last year, no turnovers, no pressure, no nothing; JC becomes another in a long line of failed redskin qbs; Moss/Portis get hurt; the OL never gels....6-10 or worse.

Projecting a 5 game swing in wins [10-6] with an improved defense accounting for[3 to 4 games] & offense [1-2 games] improvements.

How? Here's my 2 cents.............

Defensively, should be

better against the run with

- a healthy c.griffin

- l.fletcher track record

- a stronger k.golston

better against the pass with

- a healthy s.springs

- improved nickle[ smoot/macklin]

- focus on cutting down "big" pass plays [s.taylor]

overall improvements in

- speed/quickness [r.mcintosh / l.landry/c.wilson]

- improved depth [smoot/prioleau/macklin/godfrey]

- additional 3-down/ impact type players [mcintosh / landry]

Offensively, should better and contribute an additional [1-2 ]wins with

- improved comfort level with a.saunders proven offense

- improved chemistry between j.campbell & receiving core

- c.cooley finally ascending to "pro bowl" level

- a heathier s.moss rebounding from a sub-par 2006 season

- a more dedicated, stronger n bulkier b.lloyd

Agree?

:cheers:

Positive: 10-6

Realistic: 9-7

Negative 8-8

My View

Positive: 13-3

Realistic: 10-6

Negative 8-8

Judging from what we can do with Jason at the Helm and our Defense looking better than it has in years, I think we can do really well. I think that we will do well, but Possitive thinking should give you more than 1 game above your "realistic" predictions

Let the offense win the game and not just "manage" it. Don't get conservative in the 2nd quarter when you're up by only 10 points. Call some play action and avoid the predictable "run, run, pass, punt".

I went with 11-5 taking two from one of our NFC East opponents. (I think Giants.) And home wins on the other two. 10-6 if we lose all of the NFC East away games.

I expect there to be some surprises on our defense. As important as it is to be healthy, I think we have depth for the first time in a while and a secondary that will finally settle the argument over whether it's coverage or d-line that produces sacks.

I understand your worries but why can't the skins be like the Ravens or the Bears' date=' both similar in defense and offensive presumptions. I think the skins will make 10-14 points a game and have the defense do the rest.[/quote']

10 to 14 points a game? That's all you think our offense can muster? I think in Saunders's second season we'll average more points than the season before, which was around 19 points a game. We actually did a little better with JC at the helm, and that was him going off of pure talent. Now he has put in the hard work. I think we average around 22 to 23 points a game for the season, and our defense gives up about 17 points per game for the season.

i think replacing mark b for jason c will make a tremendous difference in washington's abililty to score points. i don't believe brandon l or ARE are as bad as everyone seems to believe. the problem was more in MB's ability to get the ball to them.

While I'd like to think we'd be able to score points with the offensive weapons we have; I really think it's going to take the better part of the first half of the season for this offense to get on-track. Especially since we've got what's essentially a rookie qb, an o-line that hasn't take a single snap together in anger, and a rb who hasn't taken a single snap period in the pre-season. Combine that with our collection of #4 WR talent (aside from Moss) and I don't exactly see the sort of offense that we had in 1991.

I went 7-9, but the total opposite as you, I think our offense will suprise some people and rank in the top 15, our defense will struggle again against the run at times and rushing the passer was not addressed during the offseason.

I really thought our defense was going to be an issue as well until I got a chance to see a bit of the final pre-season game and read a bit more. The one thing that I think will be positive on that side of the ball is that so long as we can keep at least 2 starting caliber CB's healthy, Greg Williams doesn't have any excuse not to bring every single one of his odd-ball, off-the-wall blitzes. Now if he doesn't bring the heat I think he should be fired in the middle of the Miami game this coming Sunday because without those blitzes that defense will get killed. I would like to hope that Coach Gibbs has explained that to him in no uncertain terms.

10 to 14 points a game? That's all you think our offense can muster? I think in Saunders's second season we'll average more points than the season before, which was around 19 points a game. We actually did a little better with JC at the helm, and that was him going off of pure talent. Now he has put in the hard work. I think we average around 22 to 23 points a game for the season, and our defense gives up about 17 points per game for the season.

I'd have to say that I think 10-14 point is what we're going to get at least for the first couple weeks of the season. Remember that this starting 11 on offense have not taken a singe snap as an entire unit all pre-season. It's going to take some time for them to all get on the same page. Even then, we've got an injury prone running back and what's basically a rookie qb.

yeah really - how can you be a true fan and be predicting 5-11, even if you are a "realist" come on, have you not noticed the speed and intensity on D. And to not think our offense can continually pull out 17-21 points a game is ludicrous... maybe not against say the bears, but face it, we only need 12 point to win that game :)

With CP and spelled by Betts, Kendall and Samuels protecting JC's blindside along with Sellers or Yoder mixed in to the max protect, how can you NOT think we will have an improved offense?? With Campbells cannon arm and receivers who can stretch the field, along with HAVING to play at least 7 in the box to cover for CP or LB it's a dangerous combo... Granted BL or ARE HAVE TO STEP IT UP - HAVE to, otherwise, CC is our # 2 again, which is a good thing too.

Sellers will get more Goalline situations this year with LB too so at least be optimistic and represent your team. I picked 11-5, yeah that's a bit homerish I guess, but REALISTICALLY I see at minimum 9-7 with NFCE title, and once in playoffs - it's ANYONES game... why not us??

HAIL - the REDSKINS ARE BACK and GLORY SHALL FOLLOW!!

Projecting a 5 game swing in wins [10-6] with an improved defense accounting for[3 to 4 games] & offense [1-2 games] improvements.

How? Here's my 2 cents.............

Defensively' date=' [/color']should be

better against the run with

- a healthy c.griffin

- l.fletcher track record

- a stronger k.golston

better against the pass with

- a healthy s.springs

- improved nickle[ smoot/macklin]

- focus on cutting down "big" pass plays [s.taylor]

overall improvements in

- speed/quickness [r.mcintosh / l.landry/c.wilson]

- improved depth [smoot/prioleau/macklin/godfrey]

- additional 3-down/ impact type players [mcintosh / landry]

Offensively, should better and contribute an additional [1-2 ]wins with

- improved comfort level with a.saunders proven offense

- improved chemistry between j.campbell & receiving core

- c.cooley finally ascending to "pro bowl" level

- a heathier s.moss rebounding from a sub-par 2006 season

- a more dedicated, stronger n bulkier b.lloyd

Agree?

:cheers:

wholeheartedly. our D is coming straight out of the gate looking to bust somebody in the mush.

I've gone from 8-8 pre training camp, to 10-6 preseason, and now I'm really thinking that we'll win 11 games. Again, I'm also not going to be upset if we go 8-8. I think we're going to win or lose about 3 games by a field goal. I'm confident in Suisham and I think he'll win a couple for us. Maybe we'll go 10-6 but I really think we can go 11-5 or better. Who knows? I'm just glad last year's over :)

Archived