Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll - Predict Skins Season

Tomel

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm going with 6-10.

I think we're going to be in a lot of games and they'll be close at the end thanks to our defense, but I just don't have a whole lot of faith in our offense to put the necessary points on the board to be more optimistic than six wins.

I understand your worries but why can't the skins be like the Ravens or the Bears, both similar in defense and offensive presumptions. I think the skins will make 10-14 points a game and have the defense do the rest.

I'm torn between 10-6 and 11-5. I do think we can do the 11-5 but 10-6 sounds more safe. We may let a couple games slip away. so 10-6 sounds about right. Pretty much I see the only losses with the Pats,Bears and maybe 1 with the Eagles,otherwise I think we CAN win the rest... but will we?

:point2sky

I understand your worries but why can't the skins be like the Ravens or the Bears' date=' both similar in defense and offensive presumptions. I think the skins will make 10-14 points a game and have the defense do the rest.[/quote']

The problem is that even with the exceptional defense that we have the potential for, keeping the opponent under 14 points every week is just not a realistic scenario. In the last five years, the #1 defense in points per game allowed has been under 14 ppg three times, and in none of those seasons has even a second team been below 14.0 ppg. Hell, in 2003 & 2004 the #1 team wasn't even below 14.0 ppg. The offense needs to be scoring a minimum of 17-21 points per game to give that defense a realistic shot at winning games for us, and I just don't see them being able to do that on a regular basis.

Especially since we play the AFC East this year in addition to our own NFC East. There are not a lot of EASY games on this schedule so far as I'm concerned.

After the fact that the Redskins' FO wouldn't take steps to beef up our pass-rush -- I have to lower my expectation to a still-optimistic 10-6 season.

If that's not good enough to make the playoffs -- then I predicat the failure to do so, will be capped by the post-season retirement of Greg Blache. Heck, we might get lucky and snag a 11-5 or 12-4, but that means Blache lingers on for another year.

Sorry to carp about this about Blache. However, in my opinion Blache is in denial that his old Bears' Daniels can't mount a pass rush anymore. Since Blache didn't do enough to fix his anemic 2006 pass-rush in 2007 there could be a lot of sentiment for his removal.

Okay, it's early, but I think that the regular season will show that Daniels, Evans and Wilson are not the answer in 2007. We needed a pass-rusher -- not a linebacker assigned to do spot duty. We signed a gimpy 5-11, 186 WR/ST who is immediately going on IR.

The problem is that even with the exceptional defense that we have the potential for, keeping the opponent under 14 points every week is just not a realistic scenario. In the last five years, the #1 defense in points per game allowed has been under 14 ppg three times, and in none of those seasons has even a second team been below 14.0 ppg. Hell, in 2003 & 2004 the #1 team wasn't even below 14.0 ppg. The offense needs to be scoring a minimum of 17-21 points per game to give that defense a realistic shot at winning games for us, and I just don't see them being able to do that on a regular basis.

Especially since we play the AFC East this year in addition to our own NFC East. There are not a lot of EASY games on this schedule so far as I'm concerned.

Ok, your right the skins did have an average scoring total of 21 points a game the year they went to the playoffs. But with the improvements made I think they have the same opportunity

I agree. I see it no worse than 8-8, but a ceiling of 11-5. I think 10-6 is a great mark for JC's first year at the helm. And by the time the playoffs roll 'round no one will want to play against our defense.

:hail:

That assumes we make the playoffs.

After the fact that the Redskins' FO wouldn't take steps to beef up our pass-rush -- I have to lower my expectation to a still-optimistic 10-6 season.

If that's not good enough to make the playoffs -- then I predicat the failure to do so, will be capped by the post-season retirement of Greg Blache. Heck, we might get lucky and snag a 11-5 or 12-4, but that means Blache lingers on for another year.

Sorry to carp about this about Blache. However, in my opinion Blache is in denial that his old Bears' Daniels can't mount a pass rush anymore. Since Blache didn't do enough to fix his anemic 2006 pass-rush in 2007 there could be a lot of sentiment for his removal.

Okay, it's early, but I think that the regular season will show that Daniels, Evans and Wilson are not the answer in 2007. We needed a pass-rusher -- not a linebacker assigned to do spot duty. We signed a gimpy 5-11, 186 WR/ST who is immediately going on IR.

since when did blache start making personel descisions. and maybe we should at least see what wilson and boshetti can do before putting some one out too pasture.

I understand your worries but why can't the skins be like the Ravens or the Bears' date=' both similar in defense and offensive presumptions. I think the skins will make 10-14 points a game and have the defense do the rest.[/quote']

i think replacing mark b for jason c will make a tremendous difference in washington's abililty to score points. i don't believe brandon l or ARE are as bad as everyone seems to believe. the problem was more in MB's ability to get the ball to them.

i guess we well soon find out.

by the way, i am going 11-5

I'm going with 6-10.

I think we're going to be in a lot of games and they'll be close at the end thanks to our defense, but I just don't have a whole lot of faith in our offense to put the necessary points on the board to be more optimistic than six wins.

I went 7-9, but the total opposite as you, I think our offense will suprise some people and rank in the top 15, our defense will struggle again against the run at times and rushing the passer was not addressed during the offseason.

Archived