Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC-The Numbers are In-Cooley details

skinsn24

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

I'll get all the details quickly, and from what I have heard right away, he gets about $14 million to sign and a max of around $30 million over the life of the thing. The base salary is the vet. min for the first two years of the deal, so his cap number rises on the proration and that's about it for 2007.

Guest RideorDieChic
i bet kristi surprises cooley at home wearing some sexy little number. god damn that man's life right now!

Cooley is a sexy beast.

I think he may out do her with a Cooley exclusive, surely his legs are meticuously shaved and ready.

oh what a night playing in the back...

I think we overpaid. This contract makes Cooley the third highest-paid TE in the NFL.

Look at the contracts for some other top tight-ends:

Tony Gonzalez (KC) - $31 million over five years

Todd Heap (Baltimore) - $30 million over five years

Jason Witten (Texas) - $29 million over five years

Antonio Gates (San Diego) - $24 million over five years

Alge Crumpler (Atlanta) - $14.3 million over six years

All but Crumpler are a significant step up from Cooley, imo.

I like Cooley, but I feel his stats were inflated last year due to injuries to our WRs (Moss). Brunell dumped off frequently to Cooley rather than throwing to WRs.

Edit: The Cooley deal is $30 million over six years, not $30 million over five years like some of the TEs listed above..

I think we overpaid. This contract makes Cooley the third highest-paid TE in the NFL.

I like Cooley, but I feel his stats were inflated last year due to injuries to our WRs (Moss). Brunell dumped off frequently to Cooley rather than throwing to WRs.

considering the contracts we give players that hadn't even put on the B&G... i think this is a great deal for a proven guy who loves the team as much as the fans love him.... i applaud the FO

kind of hard to compare contracts signed prior to the new cba to current deals.

wow. you might want to go and compare stats from the last 2 years on all those guys. basically, there's gates, then there's the rest of those guys, and cooley is every bit as good as all of them.

cooley doesn't just catch dump-offs. if you believe that, i would really have to wonder if you actually watch games. we design plays to get the ball in his hands, and he is great after the catch.

Oh, now we overpaid for Cooley? Oy vey. Let's wait and see what happenes in the next year or two when the salary cap goes up and some of the better TE's in the league have contract years. Cooley's contract won't seem so high then. Hell, it doesn't seem all that high now, when you look at what some guys are getting.

Archived