Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guess Who Leads the NFL in Preseason Tackles??? H.B. Blades

skins4eva

I know a lot of us were very excited when we drafted Blades. Anyone who saw him in college knew that he played bigger than his size and faster than his 40 time. He's got great football instincts, which you can't teach. I think we have found our future MLB. Maybe our front office will now begin to realize the virtues of the draft! In any event, our rookie class is looking quite promising (at least on the defensive side of the ball).

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=TACKLES&conf=ALL

I know a lot of us were very excited when we drafted Blades. Anyone who saw him in college knew that he played bigger than his size and faster than his 40 time. He's got great football instincts, which you can't teach. I think we have found our future MLB. Maybe our front office will now begin to realize the virtues of the draft! In any event, our rookie class is looking quite promising (at least on the defensive side of the ball).

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=TACKLES&conf=ALL

My question is this, since I have only gotten to watch one of the pre-season games (Pitt game), has he played the majority of every game? If it was the first two games and he played with the back-ups, then he probably will have more tackles due to playing time. Stats are overrated in pre-season, it might be a good sign, it might not be.

My question is this, since I have only gotten to watch one of the pre-season games (Pitt game), has he played the majority of every game? If it was the first two games and he played with the back-ups, then he probably will have more tackles due to playing time. Stats are overrated in pre-season, it might be a good sign, it might not be.

i see it as more of a comparison to the other rookie that are getting about the same reps as him

Stats are definitely overrated, but I don't know how it could be a bad sign that he's swarming to the ball and making plays.

Stats are definitely overrated, but I don't know how it could be a bad sign that he's swarming to the ball and making plays.
I think it's great, but swarming to the ball against starters and making plays and swarming against scrubs trying to make a team and making plays is a different story. I can't see the games, so I have no idea who he is playing against.

If it's against scrubs, then it's good he is number one, because it shows great growth and potential as a back-up. If it's against starters, then he is the man and we got a steal in the draft.

I could not believe Blades fell to us in the 6th round, but glad he did:applause:

What I don't get is why did the FO pick Sartz in the 5th instead of Blades? I am not trying to pick on Sartz, I just hadn't heard of him, and by looking at him he seemed to be pretty slim for a LB. He did manage to catch the INT, but still wonder why the FO placed more value in him than Blades...

In this instance the stats are telling a good portion of the story. If they didn't even keep stats everybody that has seen the games would know that he is around the ball on nearly every play.

I can't believe that they had posted a picture of a Dallas Sartz jersey, after his TD fell into his arms, on Redskins.com the other day over an H.B. Blades jersey. While I wouldn't really buy either of them right now (def. not Sartz), I think it's BS that they offered a Sartz jersey before a Blades when he's been leading in tackles for the preseason. I don't get it.

I can't believe that they had posted a picture of a Dallas Sartz jersey, after his TD fell into his arms, on Redskins.com the other day over an H.B. Blades jersey. While I wouldn't really buy either of them right now (def. not Sartz), I think it's BS that they offered a Sartz jersey before a Blades when he's been leading in tackles for the preseason. I don't get it.

I agree that Blades has been clearly better than Sartz, but that interception hardly fell into his arms. It was a heck of play, and showed very good concentration. Of course, even then Anthony Trucks was the star on that play.

I didn't realize until this week, when H.B. was lining up at SLB and WLB that HE is the reason we could let Lemar Marshall go. Until now, he had only played MLB (at least as far as I remember). He has the versatility of a Marshall, more speed, he's probably stronger, and he has the heart of a friggin' lion. I absolutely love this kid; and I say that as someone who wanted Pozsluzny.

To answer your question, 28, I think if Washington can't go against Miami, H.B. gets the start. He got good PT with the starters against Baltimore, and fit right in. I don't remember the last time I said this about a rookie backer, but I've got 100% confidence in the kid.

H.B. was great in the first 2 games but it was against 2nd and 2rd string. But he performed just as well in the Baltimore game against the 1st string. He's definately a play maker. I was curious as to what position he was playing though. It looked as if we had Blades, Fletcher, McIntosh and Campbell all on the field at the same time.

Archived