Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Real Racism

C26 Run

It's called middle ground, based in reality. It's funny, for someone so unwilling to acknowledge racism, your opinions are strinkingly limited to black and white. :silly:

I acknowldge it exists all the time.

I also call bullsh!t when it's used in places it doesnt exist.

There is nothing racist about arresting people for committing a crime, or punishing them for it within the sentencing guidelines.

I acknowldge it exists all the time.

I also call bullsh!t when it's used in places it doesnt exist.

There is nothing racist about arresting people for committing a crime, or punishing them for it within the sentencing guidelines.

That's not racist part. The racist part is not arresting the kids who did a similar thing, attempting to throw the book at these kids for a black eye in a school fight because black kids did it to a white kid. Do you refute that those parts of the information we've been presented smell of racism?

You are right there is nothing racist about that. Not charging whites for assault and then trying to charge blacks with ATTEMPTED MURDER, only to reduce it to aggravated battery. Now lets look at the aggravated battery charge, in that state this charge requires a weapon. The weapon? Shoes.

So lets recap. The first assault in Dec against a black student. No charge. The next which involved a SHOTGUN. No charge. When blacks beat up someone they are charged with attempted murder... knowing that wouldn't stick they charge them with assault with a deadly weapon for WEARING SHOES at the time. Shotgun? no. Tennis shoes? yes.

This is RACIST application of the law kilmer.

So you are right "There is nothing racist about arresting people for committing a crime, or punishing them for it within the sentencing guidelines." But what you are doing is ignoring that this isn't the case here. This case is targetting blacks and letting whites off without criminal charges. That is racist. I'd argue that racism is behind the inflated charges as well. Agains - shotgun? No. tennis shoes? yes.

part of what problem?

The problem is these 6 kids committed a crime.

The problem is that the DA has huge discretion on what to charge as a crime and how serious a crime to make it. And there is at least some evidence that he applies this discretion in a blatantly racist manner.

But you know this, of course. Carry on.

The problem is that the DA has huge discretion on what to charge as a crime and how serious a crime to make it. And there is at least some evidence that he applies this discretion in a blatantly racist manner.

But you know this, of course. Carry on.

And I've said as much.

That STILL doesnt excuse the actions of these 6, nor should it affect the sentencing.

And dont get me started about the "free the Jena 6" bull****.

If he did, he should face the consequences.

And if he did, it still doesnt excuse the actions of these criminals. Nor should it affect the sentencing.

It doesn't surprise me you're from Florida. Facing 22 years in jail for a schoolyard fight isn't justice. Facing an all white jury isn't exactly fair either.

It doesn't? Who decides what charges to bring forward? Has that person come up in this thread?

No, it doesnt.

He can be a racist for NOT prosecuting whites, or for making up fake charges against blacks.

But is anyone denying these 6 committed this crime?

Fighting back is one thing, attacking (6 on 1) another person who didnt start a fight with you is completely different.

Furthermore, an "independant reporter" talking to Democracy Now tv isnt quite what I would call unbiased and reliable.

If 2 black kids got beat up by white kids, that in no way excuses the actions of 6 OTHER black kids against one OTHER white kid.

At the very least wouldn't you trust that the one kid was defended by a public defender in front of an all white jury?

No, it doesnt.

He can be a racist for NOT prosecuting whites, or for making up fake charges against blacks.

How about for stretching the charges to be "with a deadly weapon" because their shoes were weapons, if that was the case as Destino read?

No, it doesnt.

We are still trying to figure out what crime was committed and under what circumstances. You are correct that something certainly happened.

Archived