Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lance Briggs - abandoned car found at accident site

Skinned

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-briggs-lamborghini&prov=ap&type=lgns

Car registered to Bears' Briggs found abandoned after accident

August 27, 2007

CHICAGO (AP) -- A damaged black Lamborghini registered to Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs was found abandoned early Monday alongside the Edens Expressway on the city's North Side, authorities said.

Illinois State Police officials said the 2007 Roadster was discovered around 3:15 a.m. on northbound I-94 near the Devon Avenue exit. It had crashed into a light pole.

"(The) registration comes back to Lance Briggs, however we don't know who was driving the car at the time," Master Sgt. Kyron St. Clair said.

Police said it doesn't appear that anyone was injured in the crash. Whoever was behind the wheel of the luxury Italian sports car could face misdemeanor charges for improper lane usage and leaving the scene of the accident, St. Clair said.

The vehicle had not been reported stolen, he said.

Authorities were trying to find the 26-year-old Bears star Monday morning to get more information about what may have happened.

Several team spokesmen did not immediately return messages left by The Associated Press early Monday, and phone calls were not answered at the Bears' public relations office.

Not making any judgements here, but this could get interesting as more details come in.

A week from now, will we be placing the events from the Briggs File under the category of "The best trades are sometimes the ones you don't make"?

The answer already (for me at least) is undoubtedly, "yes." I'll still take a wait and see approach, but regardless of whether Briggs was driving or not, this is the type of situation many ES'ers were afraid of when the 'Skins were entertaining trade ideas for this guy. Thank goodness he's not a Redskin.

Police said it doesn't appear that anyone was injured in the crash. Whoever was behind the wheel of the luxury Italian sports car could face misdemeanor charges for improper lane usage and leaving the scene of the accident, St. Clair said.

The vehicle had not been reported stolen, he said.

Sucks that he is attached to this type of thing.

However if noone was injured, it won't be a big deal.

A week from now, will we be placing the events from the Briggs File under the category of "The best trades are sometimes the ones you don't make"?

After watching Rocky and Blades in the preseason I think we can already draw that conclusion.

Well, smart move for him to slink away before the cops showed up. Would allow him to sober up, hide the drugs, guns, etc.

Now he can make up whatever BS excuse he wants and it won't sound as bad as the truth. Talk about dodging a bullet...

AKA Briggs got away with DUI....he won't get into any type of trouble....if he claims he was in a state of emergency and left the scene to escape further injury he will get off with nothing.....

On another note....I find it a little ridiculous this cat wants to hold out 10 games to get more money yet he drives a $350K vehicle....stupid

AKA Briggs got away with DUI....he won't get into any type of trouble....if he claims he was in a state of emergency and left the scene to escape further injury he will get off with nothing.....

On another note....I find it a little ridiculous this cat wants to hold out 10 games to get more money yet he drives a $350K vehicle....stupid

Climbing out of a burning vehicle and fleeing the scene are two different things.

Sucks that he is attached to this type of thing.

However if noone was injured, it won't be a big deal.

Not true. Leaving behind a $200,000 sports car at that time in the morning instead of dealing with it at the time indicates he may have been drunk. Otherwise why would he abandon his vehicle like that?

Drunk driving is a big deal, especially when you wrap it around a pole. The blatant disregard for other people's lives that comes with drunk driving is a BIG DEAL.

And it again begs the question if he was driving drunk, why not hire a limo or a cab?

The car was not reported stolen. EVER. Briggs crashed his car under suspicious circumstances and fled in an attempt to avoid legal scrutiny.

I can assume he was drunk. I don't need to assume he can afford a cab. He could afford a continuous cab ride around Chicago for 10 weeks straight. I can't, for a second, understand why the rich get so many DUI's.

To me, this showcases a deeper belief among these pompous jerks, that they are entitled to disobey whatever laws they choose.

No thanks Angelo. We'll keep Rocky and draft Laron.

I can't, for a second, understand why the rich get so many DUI's.

To me, this showcases a deeper belief among these pompous jerks, that they are entitled to disobey whatever laws they choose.

They have a feeling of being bullet proof based on years of pampered success.

They are controlling type people ... No one drives me but me.

They say " I got a lambo I'll be damned if i am riding in the back of a cab or even limo."

Thats my guess on celebrity DUI's

Maybe he was drunk and crashed the car, out of fear he fled the scene because if he is charged with a DUI he could possibly be suspended... Who the hell knows but that would be my guess.

I have to think he was either drunk or on drugs. If any of us owned a Lamborghini who amng us would just leave it smashed up beside the road? I'll take a wild *** guess and figure Briggs can afford AAA or a tow truck. Why the hurry to leave unless you do not want to be around when the police show up?

Thank god the Bears saved us from our own FO.:doh:

This is the oldest trick in the book - run home when you crash your car drunk and immediately start drinking. When the cops come to question you, just tell them "I crashed my car and was upset. So, I went home and got drunk." Then, they can't prove you were drunk behind the wheel and all they can prove is leaving the scene of an accident, rather than a DUI. Plus, you can always say that you were in a daze and don't know why you left the scene. If no one was hurt, I'd be suprised if they tried to nail you with anything major.

Worked for a friend of mine. Pretty clever if you ask me.

Maybe he was drunk and crashed the car, out of fear he fled the scene because if he is charged with a DUI he could possibly be suspended... Who the hell knows but that would be my guess.

bingo, why else would anyone leave an accident, there was booze involved, now he may not have been driving the car but whoever was I bet was drunk

Archived