Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lance Briggs - abandoned car found at accident site

Skinned

Exactly regardless of who was driving, they dodged a bullet most likely.

Yeah, its a LAMBORGHINI.

I'm pretty sure Lance is the only one allowed to drive that.

While it is possible he just lost control of a car he didn't know how to drive, it's more likely that he fled the scene to avoid criminal prosecution on DUI or some other more serious crime.

The smart move is go home, when the cops show up say no it can't be my car mine is in the garage, here I'll show it to you. OMG, my car is missing. :mad:

I used to agree, but there are so many cams around these days, if you try that and get caught on film, you might be charged with stealing your own car.

This is the oldest trick in the book - run home when you crash your car drunk and immediately start drinking. When the cops come to question you, just tell them "I crashed my car and was upset. So, I went home and got drunk." Then, they can't prove you were drunk behind the wheel and all they can prove is leaving the scene of an accident, rather than a DUI. Plus, you can always say that you were in a daze and don't know why you left the scene. If no one was hurt, I'd be suprised if they tried to nail you with anything major.

Worked for a friend of mine. Pretty clever if you ask me.

Tell the families of the more than 17000 people killed in alcohol related accidents last year how clever your friend was.

The car was not reported stolen. EVER. Briggs crashed his car under suspicious circumstances and fled in an attempt to avoid legal scrutiny.

I can assume he was drunk. I don't need to assume he can afford a cab. He could afford a continuous cab ride around Chicago for 10 weeks straight. I can't, for a second, understand why the rich get so many DUI's.

To me, this showcases a deeper belief among these pompous jerks, that they are entitled to disobey whatever laws they choose.

No thanks Angelo. We'll keep Rocky and draft Laron.

Well, it WAS reported stolen, for about 10 minutes according to Briggs. Still, I'll reiterate that I'm glad he's not a Redskin, but I can't say I blame him for fleeing the scene - not that I would have done the same. Damn right he panicked. With Goodell's hammer lurking and the legal ramifications, Briggs dodged a big one, especially if he was drunk, under the influence, in possession of any questionable items, etc.

I'm very Happy that I was part of the vocal majority that called and emailed to not pursue this guy and even the reporters on the radio bluntly told the front office how happy we fans were they didnt after the draft.

This should effectively squash the chance of us throwing 20 plus million at him as well as the play of our own linebackers.

He fled the scene automatically guilty no less than a game suspension though can bet that the Commish will make a call to the Bears and have them suspend Briggs

Archived