Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was said in the Press Box?

AlbrightIsAlright

Well, it was kind of a back and forth that we're pretty sure was between Jason and Coach Gibbs. Coach addressed it in on of his Q & A's recently. It was in a recent Heard at the Park thread and also part of another thread or 2. Had to do with Jason's "analysis" of Heyer's play and Coach's difference of opinion with that analysis. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Where's Woodward when you need him?

Who cares about some trumped up conflict? One can believe JLC or not. Coach Gibbs often dissembles or basically says nothing, just like Belichick, when it suits his purposes.

Let's get the season rolling. Who on Earth cares about the Press Box? If JLC manufactures info then he will lose his audience. Either way...it's secondary. And we at ES have our own sources.

I dont really see how fault is debateable here.

Heyer went too far outside to pick up a speedy blitzer. Pucillo didnt recognize the defensive formation and blindly followed the play to double the NT as he probably should have. Both of them were likely responsible to shift back inside and disrupt Kiesel's path to Campbell. Neither did in time, hit occurs. Offensive line breakdown, not one persons fault.

Where's Woodward when you need him?

Who cares about some trumped up conflict? One can believe JLC or not. Coach Gibbs often dissembles or basically says nothing, just like Belichick, when it suits his purposes.

Let's get the season rolling. Who on Earth cares about the Press Box? If JLC manufactures info then he will lose his audience. Either way...it's secondary. And we at ES have our own sources.

Probably locked in your closet. Merely attempting to assist a fellow poster 62 so throttle back. Actually Art helped while I was answering and the fellow member also managed to help himself as well during that time. Apparently several cared enough to reply in this thread and others. In this case, Coach did something somewhat uncharacteristic I think. He directly took on the the criticism of play on of one of his players,(though not naming the "journalist" specifically), and debunked the assertions with facts about his play so far. If there was a problem with his play, then coach probably would have dissemble and or said nothing. This wasn't the case here. Or it could and possible is what Art said it was. Either way, this did seem a bit of a different response from Coach this time around imho.

As has been posted many times in many threads, the primary blocker on Kiesel should have been Pucillo. Heyer's initial responsibility was Harrison who was feigning a blitz from the outside. Heyer probably could have reacted quicker to help with inside support and he was a little flat-footed but the main fault on he hit is Pucillo. Kiesel lined up directly over Pucillo who for some unknown reason decided to help out Rabach who was manhandling his man. Pucillo committed this well before Harrison backed off which is the reason Kiesel had a free inside run. This has been stated many times on here and more importantly by Joe Gibbs.

If that were the case he would have had one hand on Keisiel and his head would have been turned looking for his outside responseability..BUT IT WAS NOT he had a bad play oh well. All lineman have bad plays Samuels has missed his share of blocks. Point being don't go overboard defending Heyer but on the same note too much was made out of him missing blocks (If Jansen would have missed a block oh wait he has been missing blocks and getting pushed back 5yards every other play) you wouldn't see a article.

Archived