Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So how are the other rookies we wanted doing?

sabadahabada

I admit I was on the Jamaal Anderson bandwagon before the draft. But after glimpses of watching LL play these last couple preseason games I see a future stud in the making and couldn't be happier with the pick. I think Laron will be a factor in ST's breakout season this year. But just out of curiosity, if any of you guys have seen them play or heard anything, how are guys like Jamaal Anderson, Carriker, Okoye, Branch, etc doing in their preseasons?

I've heard that Okoye is looking like a bust, but admittedly I haven't watched any of his games. Carriker was moved from DE to DT along the Rams front four, and in the one game I saw of him he looked good. I'm not sure about his stats, but it didn't look like he had any bad plays. In any case all the rookies in that game were being outshined by Brian Leonard.

Yeah, I have heard people already calling Okoye a bust saying he lacks strength and size. I think the fact that Petrino passed on him in the draft says alot. I have also heard that Carriker is a stud. Peterson has looked amazing too but I don't think that was ever a question with him....the main concern with him was whether he could stay healthy or not

As radical as I was on the Jamaal Anderson Bandwagon was only equal to my contribution to the Anti-Okoye Bandwagon.

I'm not gonna lie, I was praying for Jamal Anderson, and shoving it down peoples throats. But to this day, I truly believe Okoye will never be great. He's too small, and the fact that he's 19/20 didn't mean much to me. I still think Alan Branch will be a much better prospect, and IMO, the Cards got a steal.

Yeah, I have heard people already calling Okoye a bust saying he lacks strength and size. I think the fact that Petrino passed on him in the draft says alot. I have also heard that Carriker is a stud. Peterson has looked amazing too but I don't think that was ever a question with him....the main concern with him was whether he could stay healthy or not

How do you call a 19 year old kid a bust. He's ahead of every othe 19 year old DT in any league, he just needs a solid year or 2 in the weight room to add the strength and size.

You can't be a bust before the season has already started. Unless you get drafted and decide to never play football, then yeah, maybe you're a bust. But before the season even starts to call someone a bust? Come on now.

Just because Bobby Petrino passed on him doesn't mean he's bound to fail, IMO. Falcons need, NEEDED, pass rushing DE.

I believe Okoye has had some troubles, nothing much said about Anderson but Carricker looks good. But overall, Landry looks to be the cream of the crop.

Yeah, I was fairly happy with the prospects of picking up Okoye.

Landry is definitely going above and beyond my expectations. He looks like he'll be starting game 1 which is rare on Gregg Williams Def.

It's interesting that when you go to the Atlanta Falcons "fan-site", that nobody seems to talk about Jamaal Anderson. You have very little information on him in in their news and quotes. Of course, with all the stuff happening in Atlanta, it's probably good he isn't in the news. :)

Here is what Bobby Petrino said about him a few days ago on www.atlantafalcons.com:

Q: How has defensive end Jamaal Anderson played in the preseason?

A: “We have been very happy with how Jamal has played. He still has a lot to learn as far as techniques and the little things. His effort has been very good along with his ability to play both the run and pass. He is getting better each week and he is starting to understand what we are asking him to do. His size and strength is evident on tape because he’s holding point very well. One thing he has to improve is shedding the block and then making the play.”

Okoye is 19 years old and is in the preseason of his rookie year. No one is a bust or hof'er at this point in his rookie year. Not even Landry!

Okoye is small, but has a lot of room to build muscle weight on his frame and he will do this. Okoye will be a very good player in time. I also feel Carriker, Branch and Anderson will pan out.

I too was on the Anderson bandwagon, as I felt we needed DL more than anything, but also knew that Landry would be atleast as good as Anderson, so I was fine with either pick.

Good luck to all of the players we had interest in in their careers, as long as they didn't end up in the East, especially Dallas or the Eagles. I couldn't care less about the Giants w/o Parcells.

You can't be a bust before the season has already started. Unless you get drafted and decide to never play football, then yeah, maybe you're a bust. But before the season even starts to call someone a bust? Come on now.

Just because Bobby Petrino passed on him doesn't mean he's bound to fail, IMO. Falcons need, NEEDED, pass rushing DE.

Desmond Howard of the Washington Redskins. Bust as a receiver before the season began.

I dont know maybe we should probably get at least one week of the season under our belt before we try to answer questions like these.

Bingo. Preseason means nothing. I don't remember hearing about Javon Kearse in the preseason when he came into the league, then he lit up the NFL. Wait till the games start.

I think the defensive rookies are doing great...i am tremendouly impressed with Blades...However...i am extremely upset that jordan palmer has not even had a chance to play in the preseason. I love the skins to death but i am sick of how they treat rookie QBs. Campbell is decent, Collins is alright, but i think Jordan Palmer could be the franchise QB if he is given playing time now and time to develop. I dont know why the skins keep putting these guys in the back of the freezer and letting them get stale.

I think the defensive rookies are doing great...i am tremendouly impressed with Blades...However...i am extremely upset that jordan palmer has not even had a chance to play in the preseason. I love the skins to death but i am sick of how they treat rookie QBs. Campbell is decent, Collins is alright, but i think Jordan Palmer could be the franchise QB if he is given playing time now and time to develop. I dont know why the skins keep putting these guys in the back of the freezer and letting them get stale.

Well except for his last name and appearance, he apparently doesn't have anything else in common with his big bro. If he did then maybe he would win a job in the top three. Considering Brunell might be third on the depth chart, it shouldn't take much talent to break the top three.

definitly havent hear as much about those guys as Landry.

i think we made the best pick.

(adrian petterson looks to be a great pick up as well...for the vikes who picked after us)

Yes you are right there he has been looking good.

Jamaal Anderson is still very raw, but he has the physical gifts to be exceptional, he just needs to learn all the moves and tricks that great DE's possess. I was on the JA bandwagon, but only if we drafted Landry and traded him to ATL and picked up another pick.

Archived