Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor Jacobs Starting at WR in 2007?

[S.S.F. | Nero]

i dont think he will suck. i dont think any #2 receiver would be effective with mark brunell under center. im not talking about his jax days im talking about here in DC. he just cant see two sides of the field. so i dont think all the blame should go on taylor. good luck dude.

i bet that if we play the 49'ers, jacobs has around 100+ yards receiving and 2 tds. Then we have threads like Jacobs is a beast, why did we cut him?

Highly doubtful. We all know he's a coward when it comes down to making a catch in traffic. And he can't get off bump and run. He's a classic "practice player hero" who disappears when the big lights go on.

What a surprise, he had ANOTHER good camp. He had LOTS of good practices here. I feel bad for him about the loss of his child as that is something that shouldnt ever happen to anyone, but on a football level I just cant see it. I had high hopes for him when we drafted him but with the talent, or lack of it that we had back then him not making it just frustrated me.

Wasn't he a Spurrier guy? Drafted to replace Coles long term if memory serves me correctly.

From 2005 Washington Post chat:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NTQ/is_2005_May_16/ai_n13780039

Bethesda, Md.: Will WR Taylor Jacobs be given more playing time this year?

Nunyo Demasio: The Redskins really like Taylor Jacobs. So far in his short NFL career, he's been a guy who looks good in training camp and then when the season starts he gets nicked up and disappears. But he has all the tools. Based on his contract, Moss is the no. 1 receiver, but Jacobs should compete with David Patten for the no. 2 gig.

I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find quotes from each of the 4 camps stating how he has looked excellent and this might be the year he breaks out. I'm not saying that it's not possible for Jacobs to break out and become a legitimate NFL receiver but I've seen almost identical articles (minus the human tragedy) for the last 4 years so you'll have to excuse me when I say I'm the slightest bit skeptical.

']It's a possibility.....for the 49'ers that is.

I thought this was a good story' date=' worthy of posting.

Good Luck to to Taylor!

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=260330

Good Luck Taylor Jacobs...

But its too bad we dont play the 49ers this year...because Redskins fans all know who you really are:

"TISSUE PAPER" Jacobs

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Why are you guys so bitter? You act as if he was the reason the Redskins sucked when he was here. It just didnt work for him here. Big deal... move on and stop acting like 10 year olds. I think its pretty impressive that he has picked himself up after the death of his daughter. I wish him all the best.

Archived