Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor Jacobs Starting at WR in 2007?

[S.S.F. | Nero]

Why are you guys so bitter? You act as if he was the reason the Redskins sucked when he was here. It just didnt work for him here. Big deal... move on and stop acting like 10 year olds. I think its pretty impressive that he has picked himself up after the death of his daughter. I wish him all the best.

Amen! Some vindictive people on here. Jacobs did everything he could when he was here. It didn't work out. I wish him the best and I want to see him do well.

He's never come close to bad-mouthing the team or coaches after he was traded, let it go folks.

LOL

It always happens. We cut someone like this and then we get scorched by them.

Who have we cut that has "scorched us" so to say. Pierce..not really. Arrington...not at all. McCants...no. Maybe Stephen Davis. Did Champ scorch us...no

Just a question, and my 37 year old brain doesn't work as well as it used to but is there anyone that has really scorched us after we cut them. I know some coaches have beat us after we fired them. (Turner/Shotty) But have any players really had incredible games against us.

Of course, Jacobs was never cut. I thought he was traded for Rumph

This is a guy who was very hurt about how he underperformed with the Redskins yet still has nothing but good things to say about Gibbs and didnt point any fingers. You have to respect that. Sometimes I really think some of the posters on this site are such nerds so the only chance they get to be billy badass is on this message board. It's pretty funny actually.

Who have we cut that has "scorched us" so to say. Pierce..not really. Arrington...not at all. McCants...no. Maybe Stephen Davis. Did Champ scorch us...no

Just a question, and my 37 year old brain doesn't work as well as it used to but is there anyone that has really scorched us after we cut them. I know some coaches have beat us after we fired them. (Turner/Shotty) But have any players really had incredible games against us.

That was what I was gonna ask. I don't recall any recent scorchings.

all of you who say that Jocobs will not play good I have a question for you. What did you think Walt Harris would do in SF?

Exactly 1/2 of Walt Harris' INT's came on deflections. Granted, we could have used 4 of his 8, but let's face it. What other season has he been a pro-bowl CB. He was good 1 season in Chicago, was decent with Indy, had 1 good and 1 bad season with us and 1 GREAT season with SF. Let's see what he does when Nate Clements shuts down one side of the field and the attack Harris.

I immediately think of Kato Serwanga (not Wasswa) who was actually paid by the redskins the week after he was cut when he made the special teams play for the giants to beat us. What an awful memory.

Taylor was a good college player. His NFL career has been marred by injuries. He has speed, and talent.

He has a new beginning with the 49ers. I hope he makes the most of it, and silences his critics. Realistically, will Taylor become a top-flight NFL receiver. Doubtful!

Archived