Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance Figures 2011

xavmit

It's a shame that the whole stadium acts as though every seat was a club level seat. I mean who needs to stand up and cheer right? We can all see just fine from our seats.

no problem sitting down, but instead of talking about what vacation they are doing next summer, or what kind of hummer they should get, everyone should be yelling and SCREAMING regardless if they are seated...

It looked like it was a Steelers home game. It made me sick.

Unfortunately that's the case wherever the Steelers play. I wouldn't go so far as to say they had more fans than us, but there were a lot. If people wouldn't sell/give away their tickets to opposing fans, we wouldn't have this problem. Havings stated that, you have to remember that game was preseason. A lot of people don't want to go to begin with (myself not included). So there are a lot of new people floating around FedEx Field. This year we play the Steelers on a Monday Night, on Election Eve, so we'll see if that's a factor. Hopefully the Skins are plugging along at that point and people don't want to get rid of their seats.

Wouldn't make any difference for a preseason game. People basically can't give them away. With stubhub ebay etc., there are plenty of seats available for any event regardless of the size of the stadium.

A smaller stadium would result in higher prices on the secondary market, not less opposing fans. There would actually be more incentive for season ticket holders to sell their seats online because they could make huge profits on a few games.

With the advent of sites such as ebay and stubhub, the opposing fan problem is going to be around for awhile. Just because we all say we refuse to sell/give to opposing fans, doesn't mean that there aren't twenty other people that will. The flip side of that is that it's also easier for Redskins fans to get tickets to other people's stadiums as well. With gas as high as it is, we might see a bit of a decrease in the number of out-of-town fans. Some of them live in the area, but those that come from other cities might think twice this season.

Sell out does NOT mean all tickets being sold. I don't know what number they use, but it's not 100%. I think it's something like 90% sold.

I get ticket offers every week we have a home game. If there are available tickets, then it seems wrong to call it a sell-out.

The ticket offers you get are the seats that are returned from the visiting team. Each team has to give a certain number of tickets to the opponent to sell to their fans, give to friends and family, etc. If they don't use the total allotment, they return them to the home team. The Redskins sell those to people on their email list.

If people wouldn't sell/give away their tickets to opposing fans' date=' we wouldn't have this problem.[/quote']

I'm guilty of it, to an extent. I'm as rabid a 'skins fan as you'll ever find. Every game I scream until my voice gives out then I scream some more. There's no room in my house that doesn't display the colors and I haven't been caught without something Redskins on my person for as long as I can remember. I eventually got tired of waiting and bought a pair of Club seats even though I really couldn't afford them. I just had to be there to support the team. Unfortunately the reality is that I can't make it to every game. I try, but I can't. In the past I've offered to sell my tickets to other 'skins fans at a modest loss ($100..$200), with little success. When I get no interest I have to go the StubHub/Ebay route. It sucks, yeah, but I'm not rich my any stretch of the imagination..I can't afford to eat a $400+ loss on a game because I don't want to risk the 2 seats being taken by the opposition. Nothing would make me happier than to be able to give away or sell my tickets at a huge loss to guarantee only a homer would be in my seat every week..but wishes don't feed my kids.

I just...I don't know. I see the attitude about Club holders around a lot and it gets me sometimes. Not all of us are corporate exec types who just happen to have tickets and give them away without a care because it's a luxury. Some of us are hardcore fans who just couldn't wait for their number to be called anymore and put a lot on the line to be able to afford the seats so we could be there with our burgundy & gold brethren.

:logo:

expect the highest ever

record breaking

i hope so.

i think that having Jason Taylor will also bring a lot more out (especially the ladies)

i really expect to see fedex bumping this year in a sea on burgundy and gold...no exceptions!!

see you all at the stadium!:point2sky

All I know is that it is bad ass that fedex feild hold the attendance record. I live in Washington State so I can't make it to the home games to help out the record, I wish I could. So all of you people in the D.C. area need to keep our record alive. Don't let it slip away to anouther team this year, essesially the cowgirls and there new stadium. I will be showing my support at the away game in Seattle this year though!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised it was that full especially with the heat. It looked like there were many seats without people in them. I would think some people got out of the heat and not stayed in their seats.

But with the way the skins won you can surely expect the stadium to be packed with the Cards in town. It's nice to win the game with offense instead of defense.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived