Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance Figures 2011

xavmit

I imagine the weather made a few people decide to skip this one. You have to be in Green Bay or Bufalo where there is absolutely nothing better to do in order to sell out a preseason game with few opposing fans.

I think we probably do a lot better than most in terms of maintaining a near capacity crowd throughout the regular season. If the team is looking really bad, we only lose about 2-5,000 fans out of a possible 92,000. The Panthers game was the emptiest I've ever seen it and that's not saying much with 85k still showing up. It was a really nice day at the end of a holiday week and everyone expected us to stink the place up anyway. It turns out it was one of the best games of the year, one of only two with great defense, so I'm glad I made that one.

It's a shame that the whole stadium acts as though every seat was a club level seat. I mean who needs to stand up and cheer right? We can all see just fine from our seats.

Ouch...That should hurt some of you season ticket holders' egos! Hand over your tickets, so that I can show you how it's done!

:point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

Out attendence at each game last year was no less than 85k i believe, from what i remember. There are always alot of no shows at preseason games , and not just for us, look at some of the games on the NFL Network, there are teams that are lucky to get 30k at preseason games.

Well, let's face it. Preseason games are nothing more than a glorified practice. The players who know they are on the team don't (nor should they) take the game all that seriously, and the guys who are uncertain are playing other guys who are uncertain. To me, preseason football is a waste. I certainly wouldn't pay to see it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There have been three games over 90K this year...this is impressive. I think the ticket office is really trying to get people in the seats...maybe the stub hub outlet they are employing is working.

I only got two ticket offers for the eagles.

90,000+ fans, eh?

So that equals out to...

-10,000 fans that don't give a ****

-6,000 eagle fans

-1,000 fans that route for other teams

74,000 fans spread out over a huge stadium. Sad.

You think there were only 6000 Eagles fans? I would say that 25-30% of the crowd were Eagles fans. So that means approx. 20000 Eagles fans. That would fill RFK almost halfway.

We have the longest and still current record in the NFL for most sold-out games in a row. It's surprising that the largest stadium in the NFL would sell out every game since opening day. And it is further surprising since the numbers are different every week.

Sell out does NOT mean all tickets being sold. I don't know what number they use, but it's not 100%. I think it's something like 90% sold.

I get ticket offers every week we have a home game. If there are available tickets, then it seems wrong to call it a sell-out.

They have trouble selling out with the current stadium as it is. Once the newness factor wears off, they won't be able to sell out and will have to give away blocks of tickets as they do now to avoid blackouts on TV.

I think people overlook the nature of pro sports in DC. I don't think the Redskins in and of themselves could fill a 90,000 seat stadium every week. They could easily fill a 75,000 seat stadium, but 90,000 is starting to reach the outer limits.

I think Snyder's genius is recognizing that the DC area has 20,000 to 50,000 fans of every other team in the NFL. So by expanding the seating capacity and by partnering with Stubhub, he is tapping into a market that no other team outside of New York has.

I mean, there are not 50,000 Cowboys fans in Green Bay. And there are not 50,000 Eagles fans in Seattle.

• 3 weeks later...

Thursday night in December eliminated the game from my list when I looked at which ones I'd try to make this year. The scant vacation time I have is going to be at Christmas. I imagine it's the same story for a lot of Skins fans that don't live in the DC metro area.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived