Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance Figures 2011

xavmit

BTW, there were tickets available for sale at the ticket office about 45 mins before kickoff. I went by to see what the current price of the AAA tailgate tickets were and they had a sign up with price for all the various GA seats (including LL) for the Bengals game. I would imagine these were the infamous media/visiting player returns we always hear about.

I never got an email from the TO last week about returned tix for sale. Doesn't mean they didn't have extras for sale, but I made a mental note of this bc I've had offers for nearly every game for the past 5 years.

I did. It came in on Wednesday or Thursday. But it was "limited" amount.

Was there a Post Game Notes press release posted this week?

80,060 sounds fluffy given all of the seat reductions since 2009 when we last had 91,000 seats in the house.

lower level was packed, and was packed before kick off which I thought was quite impressive.

not sure about the upper level and SRO, but it looked like quite a few people.

unless the skins win in tampa in exciting fashion I don't expect the atlanta game to be nearly as full.

On TV the lower level looked packed as always, the club and upper levels were at their normal 65-70% capacity. The 400 SROs looked really full, something I've never seen with the 300 SROs.

But there aint a blizzard's chance in hell there were 80k in the house after all of the seat reductions since 09.

On TV the lower level looked packed as always, the club and upper levels were at their normal 65-70% capacity. The 400 SROs looked really full, something I've never seen with the 300 SROs.

But there aint a blizzard's chance in hell there were 80k in the house after all of the seat reductions since 09.

I don't understand. Your argument is that the number of people who show up is related to the number of seats? Because there are less seats (yet still more than 80k) there's no way 80k people showed up?

I don't understand. Your argument is that the number of people who show up is related to the number of seats? Because there are less seats (yet still more than 80k) there's no way 80k people showed up?

The reports on the actual number of seats removed have been conflicting and unclear IMO. This is probably just how the team wants it, I can understand not wanting to admit defeat when you have a sell out streak dating back nearly 50 years, etc.

But if we look at the stadium in 2009 before any seats were removed; when the team was still boasting of 91,000+ seats in the NFL's largest venue, and then we compare it to today, it seems like a lot more than just 11,000 seats have been removed.

Even if the stadium has a capapcity of 80,000 today, I find it hard to believe they'd ever get 100% attendance. You have to factor in at least a 5% no show rate.

But this all subject to opinion since most teams fudge attendance numbers IMO, the Redskins being worse than most. I think about 65,000 show up at most Skins games since Gibbs 2.0.

The reports on the actual number of seats removed have been conflicting and unclear IMO. This is probably just how the team wants it, I can understand not wanting to admit defeat when you have a sell out streak dating back nearly 50 years, etc.

But if we look at the stadium in 2009 before any seats were removed; when the team was still boasting of 91,000+ seats in the NFL's largest venue, and then we compare it to today, it seems like a lot more than just 11,000 seats have been removed.

Even if the stadium has a capapcity of 80,000 today, I find it hard to believe they'd ever get 100% attendance. You have to factor in at least a 5% no show rate.

But this all subject to opinion since most teams fudge attendance numbers IMO, the Redskins being worse than most. I think about 65,000 show up at most Skins games since Gibbs 2.0.

So basically your entire opinion is formed on the idea that NFL teams are lying about attendance numbers, and that the Redskins specifically are lying about them more than everyone else?

If you're not going to trust any of the numbers that are released, and just make numbers up, then you can't really have any meaningful discussion on it. To be honest, it seems you have a narrative you're trying to fit, and since the numbers that are released (and supposedly official) don't fit your narrative you're turning to making numbers up.

I can just as easily say 72k were there. But that means nothing to anyone who's genuinely interested in discussing attendance numbers...

---------- Post added September-27th-2012 at 03:52 PM ----------

Also, you said you draw this from the shots on TV? So you're not even in the stadium?

[ATTACH]47289[/ATTACH]

These are the attendance figures going back. You will clearly see that in the Gibbs 2.0 years they were routinely pulling in over 90K. In fact, the Zorn years provided some 90K figures.

Since the stadium is now re-imagined smaller, meaninful comparisons are not possible.

I don't understand why the upper seats were removed and not just covered up with vinyl advertising like the Jaguars. It has been proven that regular 90K figures are possible so with

increased interest the vinyl could be removed at a later date....now this option would require a lot more effort.

I have a XL spreadsheet I can provide if you PM me with an email address.

So basically your entire opinion is formed on the idea that NFL teams are lying about attendance numbers, and that the Redskins specifically are lying about them more than everyone else?

If you're not going to trust any of the numbers that are released, and just make numbers up, then you can't really have any meaningful discussion on it.

Everything you say here is correct. We don't know for sure, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Xavmit's post above makes me not believe the numbers the Redskins release for attendance. I study the ticket market around the league, which helps shape my opinions. I once had a theory about the Redskins selling tickets on Stubhub. Some posters here called me crazy for my beliefs, totally understandable at the time.

I did not attend Sunday. I paused crowd shots on my DVR to study the seating patterns at various points throughout the game. Yes, I know I need therapy, but I love this subject.

Hail!

[ATTACH]47289[/ATTACH]

These are the attendance figures going back. You will clearly see that in the Gibbs 2.0 years they were routinely pulling in over 90K. In fact, the Zorn years provided some 90K figures.

Since the stadium is now re-imagined smaller, meaninful comparisons are not possible.

I don't understand why the upper seats were removed and not just covered up with vinyl advertising like the Jaguars. It has been proven that regular 90K figures are possible so with

increased interest the vinyl could be removed at a later date....now this option would require a lot more effort.

I have a XL spreadsheet I can provide if you PM me with an email address.

Because tarping over the seats means admitting you have an attendance problem. Removing them means you spin it to be some sort of 'overhaul' designed to 'improve the game day experience' ;)

Because the last year of Zorn things were hopeless....and the attendance figures began showing that fact.

The point is 80K went to a game where the capacity is roughly 80K without the

team proven yet...but with a star franchise QB potential.

Are you saying 90K could not fill Fedex with a team making the run to playoffs (if the

seats were not taken out)?

Archived