Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bioshock for x360 and PC (Review: 9.7/10)

blitzpackage

Just a heads up to some of those who may not have kept an eye on this game. It is being released tomorrow on x360 and PC. The reviews are in, and it looks like it's a masterpiece. It's a FPS/RPG hybrid game with excellent art direction and visuals. I'll let you be the judge, but I think I'll have to pick up a copy after playing the demo and seeing it's the highest rating given to an x360 game so far (9.7 out of 10)

Review: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/813/813214p1.html

BTW, xbox live has a demo up now, and the PC demo is due tonight at 7:00pm on fileplanet.com(high-end PC specs required). Also I checked here, and there was no thread specifically related to Bioshock.

That's ok. FPS should either be solely Online Multiplayer or Single player specifically. When the two gets mixed, too many features on both ends are comprimised.:2cents:

Halo 1 was great single player, Halo 2 great muli player, Halo 3 hopefully will have both..

I like the whole decision based thing. I watched a trailer and you had to either kill a little girl, or get attacked by one of those big ol guys with fishbowls on their heads. I'm sure someone will be upset about the moral aspect of it, etc. Anyway, seems good - but I don't have an extra $60 to pick it up.

saw this on another site...

GameInformer US - [10/10]

EGM - [10/10]

GamePro - [10/10]

1UP - [10/10]

UK EuroGamer - [10/10]

OXM - [10/10]

X360 Gamer - [10/10]

X360 - [10/10]

OXMA - [10/10]

PC Powerplay - [10/10]

Game Arena - [10/10]

Meristation - [10/10]

Gamer.tv - [10/10]

GamesRadar - [10/10]

GameWorld - [10/10]

Console - [10/10]

GameTap - [10/10]

Console Game World - [10/10]

Alemania 360 Live - [9.8/10]

Hyper - [9.7/10]

IGN - [9.7/10]

PC Zone - [9.6/10]

PC Gamer - [9.5/10]

UnderGround Online - [9.5/10]

TXB - [9.5/10]

Xbox World - [9.4/10]

saw this on another site...

GameInformer US - [10/10]

EGM - [10/10]

GamePro - [10/10]

1UP - [10/10]

UK EuroGamer - [10/10]

OXM - [10/10]

X360 Gamer - [10/10]

X360 - [10/10]

OXMA - [10/10]

PC Powerplay - [10/10]

Game Arena - [10/10]

Meristation - [10/10]

Gamer.tv - [10/10]

GamesRadar - [10/10]

GameWorld - [10/10]

Console - [10/10]

GameTap - [10/10]

Console Game World - [10/10]

Alemania 360 Live - [9.8/10]

Hyper - [9.7/10]

IGN - [9.7/10]

PC Zone - [9.6/10]

PC Gamer - [9.5/10]

UnderGround Online - [9.5/10]

TXB - [9.5/10]

Xbox World - [9.4/10]

hot damn :laugh:

i usually buy any game regardless of if i think i will like it, if it consistently gets that many high scores

Oh well, I tried the PC demo to no avail. Although I meet all of the required system specs, my 256MB ATI X800XT does not support shader model 3.0(SM3) which is required to play the game. What a shame that some 128MB cards do support SM3 and they can run the game on low settings. Looks like it'll have to be the x360 version for me. I can't wait until tomorrow after work.

Oh well, I tried the PC demo to no avail. Although I meet all of the required system specs, my 256MB ATI X800XT does not support shader model 3.0(SM3) which is required to play the game. What a shame that some 128MB cards do support SM3 and they can run the game on low settings. Looks like it'll have to be the x360 version for me. I can't wait until tomorrow after work.

:D my laptop has a 128MB geforce 8400 GS that should be able to run the game

To be fair and balanced I found one review that gave it 5/10.

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=83

:laugh:

The best part about that review is the people's responses.

:rotflmao: If you guys find the time, read this article Torresa posted, but more importantly read the comments underneath it. It's the best ten minutes of comedy gold I've experienced in quite a while.

OK, my laziness subsided. You're correct, and your card actually supports Shader Model 4.0 you lucky ****!:redpunch: :silly:

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_rendering

yeah, i think the card in my desktop has sm 2.0 or something like that, and that's a 5000 series card, the 8000 is the latest nVidia series so i figured that even though its the lowest model of that card. it shouldn't really be a problem, though, since video ram really only affects resolution. since my laptop has a 14.1" screen, i can't see how having much more ram would help all that much. only problem i might have would come from having a lower-end of the 8000 GPUs

Just a heads up to whoever may be buying it: I'm not sure whether it's a DC area thing, but Circuit City has an ad listing it for $49.99. I just went to Best Buy to pick it up, and a guy looking for it also had the ad with him (they hadn't put it on the shelves yet). Best Buy price matched it, so I got it for $10 less after showing them the ad the guy had. I can't wait to play it after work.

Just a heads up to whoever may be buying it: I'm not sure whether it's a DC area thing, but Circuit City has an ad listing it for $49.99. I just went to Best Buy to pick it up, and a guy looking for it also had the ad with him (they hadn't put it on the shelves yet). Best Buy price matched it, so I got it for $10 less after showing them the ad the guy had. I can't wait to play it after work.

DAMMIT! lol

Your post just convinced me to take my broke ass out to buy this game tonight. You can't beat that price for a potential Game of the Year.

Archived