Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greatest sports injustices?

Spaceman Spiff

*break squelch* Ummm....WTF, over?

h_h, you seem to have forgotten that I don't exactly see a whole lot of things I like on this team right now and haven't in several years.

I didn't see or hear any of it, but what I've read about yesterday's game doesn't exactly light up my eyes either.

What? The team Elway eventually played for didn't win ****. So, all his ****ing and crying amounted to nothing. Yes, he finally won - but it was 15 years later.

Look at Lindros - gets drafted by Quebec, refuses to play because they suck. Goes to Philly and doesn't win ****. Mean while, Quebec moves to Colorado and becomes one of the most dominant teams of the 90's winning two Cups. Yet you would cheer him for not wanting to play for a crappy Quebec team. This is one of the stupidest sports arguments ever put forward. :doh:

You don't have to agree with the arguement and you don't have to like it either, Rince. I'm just saying that I have very little respect for a top-notch player who allows himself to be put into a position where he knows there is no chance of being successful. Especially when he has any other option in the matter.

True, it took Elway 15 years to win the Super Bowl, but playing in Baltimore he might have been dead from head trauma after three seasons. Similarly, Lindros realized he wasn't likely to win anything with the Nordiques. He ended up on the wrong side of the cosmic coin flip. I'd suggest that if you did that flip 100 times though, that he comes out on top considerably more than 50 times.

Ahhh, gotcha. I feel the same way about the Miami Dolphins and Hurricanes. ;)

Well, I am with you on both of those teams considering that 1] we had a chance to ruin the perfect season for the Dolphins and failed to do so in the Super Bowl and 2] I have to hate the Hurricanes (Miami) second to the Gators by default :)

You don't have to agree with the arguement and you don't have to like it either, Rince. I'm just saying that I have very little respect for a top-notch player who allows himself to be put into a position where he knows there is no chance of being successful. Especially when he has any other option in the matter.

True, it took Elway 15 years to win the Super Bowl, but playing in Baltimore he might have been dead from head trauma after three seasons. Similarly, Lindros realized he wasn't likely to win anything with the Nordiques. He ended up on the wrong side of the cosmic coin flip. I'd suggest that if you did that flip 100 times though, that he comes out on top considerably more than 50 times.

Fine, I'll flip the coin again. Hey look at that, came up heads - that means I get Philip Rivers and you get Eli Manning. How's that working out for old Eli?

I love the Redskins and always have. If I were a truly talented college football player coming out in this last year's draft I wouldn't have wanted to be drafted by our team because we're LIGHT YEARS away from being a good team with any chance to Win something.

You don't sound very convincing. Being able to play on that level is a miracle, so anyone that gets pissed off because they are going to get drafted by a team that's not winning is ridiculous. The team thinks you can help them win, and they are willing to shell out the millions of dollars you will get at any other team.

It is an honor to be drafted by any NFL team, not a ****ing luxury like this new age of players thinks it is. I wish they would make a rule that if you get drafted by a team, you have to play for them before you can play anywhere else. You hold out, great, you don't get paid, you want to go somewhere else, you can't until you sign with the team that drafted you and play your contract out. It's a ****ing business.

h_h, you seem to have forgotten that I don't exactly see a whole lot of things I like on this team right now and haven't in several years.

I didn't see or hear any of it, but what I've read about yesterday's game doesn't exactly light up my eyes either.

Why don't you burn all your Skins gear, buy your NE Moss jersey, start pulling for the Pats, and watch your new team get players into the HOF because they won Super Bowls.

Fine, I'll flip the coin again. Hey look at that, came up heads - that means I get Philip Rivers and you get Eli Manning. How's that working out for old Eli?

About the same that it's working out for Philip Rivers, since I don't believe either one of them has a Super Bowl ring just yet.

You don't sound very convincing. Being able to play on that level is a miracle, so anyone that gets pissed off because they are going to get drafted by a team that's not winning is ridiculous. The team thinks you can help them win, and they are willing to shell out the millions of dollars you will get at any other team.

It's never been my intention to be convincing, Riggins. I really couldn't care any less what you, rince, Spiff, or anyone else thinks on the topic. I know what my views are and they're not going to change.

It is an honor to be drafted by any NFL team, not a ****ing luxury like this new age of players thinks it is. I wish they would make a rule that if you get drafted by a team, you have to play for them before you can play anywhere else. You hold out, great, you don't get paid, you want to go somewhere else, you can't until you sign with the team that drafted you and play your contract out. It's a ****ing business.

Yes it is an honor. It was also an honor to be chosen as a member of the Kamikazee's in the Japanese military. That's an honor I might choose to avoid. Under the system you suggest, even if I had the talent to play in the NFL I probably never would have.

Why don't you burn all your Skins gear, buy your NE Moss jersey, start pulling for the Pats, and watch your new team get players into the HOF because they won Super Bowls.

What Skins gear? That went the way of the dodo bird over the years after one cosmic level **** up or another by the team. I stopped buying the gear for any of the professional sports teams I follow for exactly that reason.

Now, if I ever hear you suggest that I root for the New England Patriots again, I'm actually going to get MAD. I would rather put a bullet in my own head than to root for that bunch of worthless, gutless sacks of human excriment. That entire franchise falls under the Success(questionable) but absolutely NO Greatness.

What Skins gear? That went the way of the dodo bird over the years after one cosmic level **** up or another by the team.

I honestly didn't know we had fans like this. And I NEVER would have guessed you'd be one if we did.

Now, if I ever hear you suggest that I root for the New England Patriots again, I'm actually going to get MAD. I would rather put a bullet in my own head than to root for that bunch of worthless, gutless sacks of human excriment. That entire franchise falls under the Success(questionable) but absolutely NO Greatness.

Calm down, go eat your clam chowder and pull for the Patriots and Redsox....seriously.

I honestly didn't know we had fans like this. And I NEVER would have guessed you'd be one if we did.

I've burned, shot holes in and taken knives to items of clothing in the past. I've chucked glassware and ceramics at walls multiple times because they didn't break into small enough pieces for my personal taste when this team had ****ed up over the years. About fice or six years ago I stopped buying things with the logo on them expressly because of that.

Calm down, go eat your clam chowder and pull for the Patriots and Redsox....seriously.

You know what, you aren't even worth the time to type the expletive-laden comments that are running through my head right now. I'm going to put you on ignore because if I don't I'm GOING to respond to one of your worthless posts the way I truly WANT to and I'll end up permenantly banned.

It's sad, I have had to deal with fairweather fans here in Charlotte ever since the Panthers came to town. Former die hard Skins fans, turned Panther fans and act like the Skins were their mortal enemy. It sickens me.

Hey what's your address Mass_SkinsFan so I can buy you a Tom Brady jersey?

You know what, you aren't even worth the time to type the expletive-laden comments that are running through my head right now. I'm going to put you on ignore because if I don't I'm GOING to respond to one of your worthless posts the way I truly WANT to and I'll end up permenantly banned.

Pathetic, not only do not believe in the Redskins, you can't carry on an argument over an internet forum board. Say hello to Belichick for me.

You can PM the way you would like to respond to my worthless posts if you want

I've burned, shot holes in and taken knives to items of clothing in the past. I've chucked glassware and ceramics at walls multiple times because they didn't break into small enough pieces for my personal taste when this team had ****ed up over the years. About fice or six years ago I stopped buying things with the logo on them expressly because of that.

How many years are equivolent to a "fice" year?

On a side note, I'm done arguing with someone who would rather sell our team down the river when they are not doing good. All the Patriot jokes were in jest, lighten up little camper.

paper, rock, scissors on espn.

cleveland losing the browns.

Cleveland was given the opportunity to keep their beloved Browns, but wouldn't help Modell build a new stadium. MD gave him tons of cash so he left.

The real injustice is when Irsay snuck away in the middle of the night. The Colts had just as much tradition as the Browns and Baltimore was not even given the chance to do something to keep their team.

Btw, this comes from someone who HATED the Colts.

Secretariat considered an athlete.

NASCAR, bowling and poker on ESPN.

SS, what about the injustice being perpetrated by David Beckham and sellout after sellout in the MLS? :laugh:

Oh yeah, I didn't quote it, but MSF you are wrong about Marino.

He was so egotistical that he did not want a top notch running back on his team to take away from his glory. He stayed in Miami because he had it all there and was worried that he would lose some stature if someone else came in and had a star as big as his. Look what happened when Jimmy Johnson came in, Marino ran him out because his star was too big.

Oh yeah, I didn't quote it, but MSF you are wrong about Marino.

He was so egotistical that he did not want a top notch running back on his team to take away from his glory. He stayed in Miami because he had it all there and was worried that he would lose some stature if someone else came in and had a star as big as his. Look what happened when Jimmy Johnson came in, Marino ran him out because his star was too big.

That's even more fuel for my arguement that he shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame. If he was more interested in his own glory than in winning, then he doesn't even deserve to be allowed a paid entrance into the Hall of Fame so far as I'm concerned.

Daniel Snyder turning the Redskins from a once proud franchise into the NFL's laughing stock.

Frank Herzog no longer calling Redskins games.

Rocking RFK replaced by sterile, corporate Fedex Field

The once best fans in the NFL turned into a depressed, apathetic group.

Art Monk not in the HALL (No Brainer)

These, just to name a few.

Roy Green being given a BS touchdown in 1975 after Pat Fisher ripped the ball out of his hands before he came down in the end zone with no time left on the clock at RFK. The refs huddled in the corner for ten minutes trying to decide what happened, and they got it wrong. They gave Green the TD and the Cardinals won, and as I recall, kept us out of the playoffs.

Those who remember know what I'm talking about. I still haven't gotten over that one.

~Bang

In response to Mass, during Marino's time the Dolphins were a pretty good football team, their combined season record from 1983 to 1999 was 163-107 (or an average of almost 10-6 every year) with only ONE losing season in 1988, they also made the playoffs 10 times in those 17 years.

Know, I can imagine that if Marino had a great RB those stats would have been even better, but just because Marino did not win a Super Bowl does not take away his accomplishments.

The following are the records SET by Dan Marino:

Most Attempts, Career: 8,358

Most Completions, Career: 4,967 (since broken by Brett Favre (5021)

Most Yards Passing, Career: 61,361

Most Touchdown Passes, Career: 420

Most Passing Yards, Season: 5,084 in 1984

Most Touchdown Passes, Season: '48 (since broken by Peyton Manning 49)

Most Games, 400 or more Yards Passing, Career: 13

Most Games, 400 or more Yards Passing, Season: 4 in 1984

Most Games, 300 or more Yards Passing, Career: 63

Most Seasons, 3,000 or more Yards Passing: 13 (1984-92, 1994-95, 1997-98) (since broken by Brett Favre 15)

Most Consecutive Seasons, 3,000 or more Yards Passing: 9 (1984-92) (injury stopped streak continued for three seasons after injury, since broken by Brett Favre 15)

Most Games, Four or more Touchdown Passes, Career: 21

Most Games, Four or more Touchdown Passes, Season: 6 in 1984

Lowest Percentage, Passes Intercepted, Rookie Season: 2.03 in 1983 (296-6)

Most Seasons Leading League, Attempts: 5 (1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1997)

Most Seasons Leading League, Completions: 6 (1984-86, 1988, 1992, 1997)

Most Seasons, 40 or more Touchdown Passes: 2 (1984, 1986)

100 TD Passes in Fewest Amount of Games to Start Career: 44 (9/7/86 at San Diego)

200 TD passes in Fewest Amount of Games to Start Career: 89 (9/17/89 at New England)

300 TD passes in Fewest Amount of Games to Start Career: 157 (9/4/94 vs. New England)

Highest TD-INT differential: +168

I think you're right Mass, kick that bum out of the HOF because he doesn't have a ring. Marino being kicked out of the HOF will open a spot for QB's who have won a Super Bowl but aren't in the HOF(including, but not limited to):

The great Brad Johnson (Tampa Bay, 2003)

The amazing Trent Dilfer (Baltimore, 2001)

The always impressive Jeff Hostetler (New York Giants, 1991)

Now go quietly sit in the corner and eat your clam chowder.

and Meldrick Taylor being screwed when that **** Steele stopped the fight that he was beating the **** out of Chavez in, to secure Chavez's winning streak.

Meldrick Taylor got knocked out because he was dumb enough to get too close when he had that fight won. He did not give Steele any indication he was ready to go back in there even if there was minimal time left on the clock.

When the referee is asking you if you are ok, you should probably look him in the eye and acknowledge him if you don't want to get counted out.

Archived