Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greatest sports injustices?

Spaceman Spiff

Dan Marino never having a good running back.

Lions never building properly around Barry Sanders.

I'm not with you on these two. Both of them had opportunities to leave the teams that were not properly building around them and instead chose to stay where they were. In which case I feel absolutely no sympathy for them. If they didn't want to better themselves, why the hell should I cry for them?

Barry Bonds being allowed to live.

Not quite. Bonds being allowed to continue to play baseball in the Major Leagues, yes that's an injustice. Bonds' name being allowed to remain in the Baseball Encyclopedia, yes that's an injustice. Being allowed to LIVE, that's probably saying a little much. Personally I think he should get the same treatment that Rose should get.... total removal from the records of Major League Baseball.

I'm not with you on these two. Both of them had opportunities to leave the teams that were not properly building around them and instead chose to stay where they were. In which case I feel absolutely no sympathy for them. If they didn't want to better themselves, why the hell should I cry for them?

Not quite. Bonds being allowed to continue to play baseball in the Major Leagues, yes that's an injustice. Bonds' name being allowed to remain in the Baseball Encyclopedia, yes that's an injustice. Being allowed to LIVE, that's probably saying a little much. Personally I think he should get the same treatment that Rose should get.... total removal from the records of Major League Baseball.

RE Marino and Sanders: They were loyal to the teams that drafted them. I can't fault them for that.

RE Bonds: It was a joke.

Well, maybe :evil:

Dan Marino never having a good running back.

Lions never building properly around Barry Sanders

Barry Bonds being allowed to live.

What say you?

:laugh: Eactly what I've always said :applause:

Add Terry Bradshaw getting credit for the Steelers being great, and Irvin going in before Monk, and it's a flawless list.

Oh, and Deion's self-induced hype :doh:

RE Marino and Sanders: They were loyal to the teams that drafted them. I can't fault them for that.

Well I definitely CAN. If you were in a work environment where you needed a particular piece of equipment to really be able to do your job superbly, and your bosses routinely ignored all information and requests from you, your immediate boss and all of your clients to get you that equipment, don't you think that you'd find another place to work the moment your contract was up. I can GUARANTEE you that I would.

The outcome of the College Football Season being determined by a poll of idiot sportswriters. :doh:

Nebraska getting half of Michigan's 1997 National Championship - mainly thanks to a kicked ball in their game against Mizzou. :mad: :mad:

For the record - the Wolverines would have CRUSHED Nebraska in a head to head game.

Well I definitely CAN. If you were in a work environment where you needed a particular piece of equipment to really be able to do your job superbly, and your bosses routinely ignored all information and requests from you, your immediate boss and all of your clients to get you that equipment, don't you think that you'd find another place to work the moment your contract was up. I can GUARANTEE you that I would.

Well, its a bit different between athletes on teams and telephone cords.

I'm right, you're wrong. I win.

iwo-jima.jpg

:D

Well, its a bit different between athletes on teams and telephone cords.

Not really. Then again I think our difference of views on this one can probably be summed up in this one statement...

So far as I'm concerned, since neither of those players ever WON a Super Bowl, they should not be elligable for the NFL Hall of Fame. It shouldn't be the ONLY criteria, but it should be the FIRST criteria so far as I'm concerned.

Not really. Then again I think our difference of views on this one can probably be summed up in this one statement...

So far as I'm concerned, since neither of those players ever WON a Super Bowl, they should not be elligable for the NFL Hall of Fame. It shouldn't be the ONLY criteria, but it should be the FIRST criteria so far as I'm concerned.

so, you think it should be the hall of team?

What, it's 100% their fault they had crap teams around them?

Archived