Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haha, check out this silly Titans thread.

skinsaddict2621

1. Samuels didn't start.

2. I highly doubt that they were even giving their B-game.

Not to be be Mr. Negative but i'm kinda bothered by this idea of they were not giving a full effort.

We do have our franchise QB standing back their taking snaps, you would think that would be enough for the O-line to give their "A" game.

Not to be be Mr. Negative but i'm kinda bothered by this idea of they were not giving a full effort.

We do have our franchise QB standing back their taking snaps, you would think that would be enough for the O-line to give their "A" game.

They aren't giving their "B" game, no matter what anyone wants to feel better by saying. No player goes out and gives a "B" game and expects to stay in the league.

They looked slow and rusty, and Heyer is a definite downgrade at LT. Jansen was slow.

BUT, it's preseason, and we don't know what either team is doing. I noticed that the backs were not helping much on these blocks, and that the Titans were loading blitzes from the left side.

If in a regular season it looks as if protection is that shaky, then help will be given in the form of RB blocks, double TE sets, formation shifts, etc.

Not particularly nice to see, but nothing to panic about.

BTW, I just love the "our starters on their starters" mentality a lot of fans have this time of year. :laugh: as if it matters...

~Bang

It looks like we're missing sufficiently skilled depth at the left side of our offensive line. (The good thing is that pre-season will allow us to develop that experience/skill at back-up.)

For now however, the right-handed QBs better not be holding onto the ball too long. Or they'd better be listening more for footsteps.

They ran stunts and rushed DB's. Seriously.

So? These guys are professionals. They've seen stunts all their lives and have had to pick up people since they were in Jr. High.

Don't blame it on that. Wade looked horrible. We didn't get on people. We didn't "switch" fast enough in pass pro when they did stunt.

We didn't have a good night up front last night. Period.

I don't blame them that much, considering I don't think the commentators said anything about Heyer the entire time he was out there.

No he didn't.

Your opinion. I saw him on this butt a lot, I saw him get pushed around in pass pro, I saw him blocking nobody many times. Not a good game.

I didn't get to watch the game, but having read so many threads on ES this morning and now this thread, it seems that both groups of fans are praising their defensive lines. I'm no coach and certainly not an expert, but maybe it really does take time for an o-line to gel and play cohesively. Maybe the Titan's line is doing the same thing. I doubt seriously our line can go from being one of the best in the league to one of the worse in only one season. Likewise, it seems unlikely to expect our D-line to suddenly start generating tons of pressure. It's said too much but never remembered: it's just the preseason. And the first game at that. I'll wait until middle of September to before I get too worried.

Archived