Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Close this thread

C26 Run

He's from Vegas. That means he's a stud.

j/k He's been an excellent running back, but St. Louis didn't really get too much attention last year. It is weird that you didn't hear much about him.

I agree with Prophet. LJ is a fierce running back in a tough situation. Let's hope he gets into camp soon.

Past 2 years

32 starts: LT 687-3277 4.7 46tds rec: 107-878-8.2 8tds

25 starts: LJ 752-3539 4.7 37tds rec: 74-753-10.1 8tds

I think it is alot closer than you guys think. SD is a heck of a better team than KC has been the past 2 years. Not to mention KC's was a joke last year, and played with a back up qb.

Basically. I think LT gets the edge because hes been a monster since hes been in the league.

It's

LT

LJ

CP

SJ

Rams have a way, way better offense as far as a qb stretching the defense.

or as of 2006 :)

Portis is still only behind like Barry Sanders for average yards per game.

Portis is only 25, yet has been in the league for 6 seasons, and if he can stay productive until hes about 30 or 31, he should be a guy worthy of canton. (toss in some pro bowls and ofc a superbowl mvp)

Past 2 years

32 starts: LT 687-3277 4.7 46tds rec: 107-878-8.2 8tds

25 starts: LJ 752-3539 4.7 37tds rec: 74-753-10.1 8tds

I think it is alot closer than you guys think. SD is a heck of a better team than KC has been the past 2 years. Not to mention KC's line was a joke last year, and played with a back up qb.

Actually those stats cement it for me. LT has had significantly less carries, but has a higher amount of TDs. LdT scores around every 15 touches, but LJ scores every 19 or so.

Actually those stats cement it for me. LT has had significantly less carries, but has a higher amount of TDs. LdT scores around every 15 touches, but LJ scores every 19 or so.

LJ has been more productive in every stat, but tds while starting less games, and that cements it?

I think the rushing scoring td title has become a joke in the nfl when it comes to this record. It seems every year for the past 7 years, the td record for rushing has changed hands.

Tomlinson SD 2006 29*

Shaun Alexander SEA 2005 28

Priest Holmes KC 2003 27

Marshall Faulk STL 2000 26

Emmitt Smith DAL 1995 25

Priest Holmes KC 2002 24

Johnson wants to get paid that now because once the season starts w/o the talent that O-line ONCE had, he will be the 10th best back in the game (if not the 20th best back). Take those words to the bank.

He did that last year, and they went out and signed a better LT than the scrub they had last year playing.

We will see.

Believe me I think LJ is a punk, but he is one heck of a running back.

LT is a media darling, because he is such a nice guy. Thats the biggest diffrence IMO.

Right now, Portis is not a top 5 back...

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

2. Stephen Jackson

3. Larry Johnson*

4. Frank Gore

I guess I could buy him at #5, but he needs to show he's back to his form. I believe he will be, but it's tough to put the guy too high when he was injured all of last season.

Tomlinson, and agreed, why are you asking? Larry Johnson is good, but he's also a product of that line, and his deficiency has been showing as that line has gotten older and retired.

Steven Jackson may come close to LT this year, but not close enough to warrant much more attention.

its always about the line, even for your boy LT. When one of these guys actually wins a playoff game then we can discuss this.

Tomlinson, and agreed, why are you asking? Larry Johnson is good, but he's also a product of that line, and his deficiency has been showing as that line has gotten older and retired.

Steven Jackson may come close to LT this year, but not close enough to warrant much more attention.

LJ is not a product of that line. Their line has been on the decline for a long while. His decline last year was based off an aging and retiring line and the loss of Al Saunders.

All things being equal, it still is not close...LT is the best.

LT is unbeleivable. I hear guys talking about how they will just sit on the side line and watch him play, ala, Barry Sanders praise. He is definitly the most exciting back since Barry retired(which I wish he didn't and took the record out of reach of whats his name), Marshall and Priest are close, but it's just not the same.

LJ is great, he has the kind of style I personally preffer. Last year, he lost his FB(one of the top 3 in the league) and most of the line(some of which are deserving of HoF talk) and still had a monster year. Lead the league in rushing yards as well.

Jackson and Gore both are in possition to be something special. Gore needs to stay healthy and consistant and Jackson, he will play great and will benifit if the rest of his O does the same.

Portis, hopefully he is back to top 5 form. I like Betts and love having him here, but I don't want to see him on the field at all, unless Portis has his 200 and 2 at the half.

did i miss something on steven jackson, i dont remember him being that dominant, but someone was talkin about drafting him high in fantasy and now here..

i try to follow every team and all, but i dont remember seeing this guy do anything special. (but am open to stuff i didnt see/cant remember)

have i been hiding under a rock?

If you pass up Steven Jackson in your fantasy draft, you might as well pack it in for the season. Top 3 all around back.

I'll nominate Nick Giaquinto as the best RB of all time.

Archived