Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Politcal Cartoon Thread

AsburySkinsFan

And you said you didn't know where you fit in the political spectrum, Asbury. Ha!

Yeah, political cartoons are probably the best self measurement for bias. I can sit and reason myself into believing I'm even on the issues, but when one type of political cartoon makes me laugh or otherwise resonates more than another, I'm caught. I know right where I stand.

And Asbury, you certainly don't seem to be as centrist as you claim to be. I think that's great, just unexpected. :2cents:

And Asbury, you certainly don't seem to be as centrist as you claim to be. I think that's great, just unexpected. :2cents:

On the war I'm against it, on Bush I think he's terrible, on privacy rights and due process I'm for them, on lying under oath I'm against it, on helping people in need more than the rich I'm for it. Apparently that makes me Left, right up until you start asking me directly about moral issues at that point I'm much more on the Right.

BTW, have you noticed that I'm no fan of Congress either? Oh and who was it that had the "Tom Dobbs for President" sig? Hmmmm Sorry guys but I'm not on the Left just because I disagree with the Right.

wpswi070806.gif

classic, his brother jeb let the ICs in FL walk away with Billions. many home owners had to sell their homes because they couldn't afford the premiums that went from $800 to $4800 a year (not including flood insurance). someone needs to knock him off before he becomes a pres. candidate :D

BTW, have you noticed that I'm no fan of Congress either? Oh and who was it that had the "Tom Dobbs for President" sig? Hmmmm Sorry guys but I'm not on the Left just because I disagree with the Right.

Actually, from some of the hate filled posts you write concerning anybody in politics you don't like, I find your centrist claims much more believable than your religious ones.

Of course, it's possible that I'm wrong.

Actually, from some of the hate filled posts you write concerning anybody in politics you don't like, I find your centrist claims much more believable than your religious ones.

Of course, it's possible that I'm wrong.

LOL, :laugh: :rotflmao:

Hate filled, funny stuff, that's classic. Cheers buddy.:cheers:

Hate 1. To have a great aversion to, with a strong desire that

evil should befall the person toward whom the feeling is

directed; to dislike intensely; to detest; as, to hate

one's enemies; to hate hypocrisy.

http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/hate

Yeah, political cartoons are probably the best self measurement for bias. I can sit and reason myself into believing I'm even on the issues, but when one type of political cartoon makes me laugh or otherwise resonates more than another, I'm caught. I know right where I stand.

I dunno. There is such a thing as a political cartoon that is simply tasteless, not clever, not funny. Like some of the ones posted where there is a knife in the backs of our troops that says congress on it. Nothing clever at all in that. You shouldn't feel "caught" because that cartoon isn't funny. Hell, even Republicans didn't think the half hour news hours on FOX was funny.

I dunno. There is such a thing as a political cartoon that is simply tasteless, not clever, not funny. Like some of the ones posted where there is a knife in the backs of our troops that says congress on it. Nothing clever at all in that. You shouldn't feel "caught" because that cartoon isn't funny. Hell, even Republicans didn't think the half hour news hours on FOX was funny.

Truth hurts, does it? Poor baby.

:rolleyes:

Did I say hate?

But when the "dumbocrats", as you so eloquently put it, attempt to destroy their morale, sweep their victories under the rug, bicker over their much needed funding, and diminish their sacrifices with arbitrary timetables (which essentially amount to SURRENDER) for their own political gain, this betrayal cannot be ignored, except of course, by you.

Now, if you can show me evidence to the contrary, I'll gladly recant my statement. Until then, keep inserting those clever little emoticons mocking those who expose the treasonous reality of today's Democratic Party.

hmmm unfortunately cartoons underlying party agenda seem to dominate cartoons that actually address issues... I'm also a somewhat surprised that evil liberals could not come up with funnier cartoons, considering how much material they have been given. I guess waving white flags is easier than being funny :whoknows:

Did I say hate?

But when the "dumbocrats", as you so eloquently put it, attempt to destroy their morale, sweep their victories under the rug, bicker over their much needed funding, and diminish their sacrifices with arbitrary timetables (which essentially amount to SURRENDER) for their own political gain, this betrayal cannot be ignored, except of course, by you.

Now, if you can show me evidence to the contrary, I'll gladly recant my statement. Until then, keep inserting those clever little emoticons mocking those who expose the treasonous reality of today's Democratic Party.

That's one way to look at it. Here's another: Republicans getting 3600 of our troops killed over false intelligence is way worse than anything the Democrats have done. The Bush administration throwing out the previous war-game tested Military plans to invade Iraq in favor of their idealogical concepts (transformation, de-baathification) is the main reason why our troops are still dying today. Republicans like yourself seem to be obsessed with the simple concept of winning and losing when the outcome of this fiasco will ultimately be substantially more complex. In some ways we've won already. Terrorist supporters like Saddam and his murderous sons are dead. We know there are no WMD's in Iraq (some of us [non-Republicans] have known this longer than others) and now have most of the Iraqi weapons scientists in custody. The war has been good for the economy. In some ways we lost. Iraqi's are dying faster now than under the previous several years under Saddam. They have less electricity and water. Al Qaeda has a stronger presence in Iraq than before Bush invaded. Last, but certainly not least, Iran is more powerful as a result of us eliminating their main adversaries, and the USA is profoundly weaker because of military atrition, loss of good men and women.

Archived