Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Politcal Cartoon Thread

AsburySkinsFan

If only we had these kind of intelligent cartoons back in WWII. We would be speaking German on the east coast and Japanese on the west coast. We have lost 3600 troops in over four years. LESS than we lost in the fight for Iwo Jima (6,825 in 34 days). What would this chicken**** Congress have been calling for then?

And if Iraq was 1/4 as noble a cause as WWII then your comparison might actually be significant. Instead Iraq still remains a war that was started based on a series of lies perpetuated by our Commander in Chief, and no matter how much Pontius Bush washes those hands, that blood ain't comin' off.

And if Iraq was 1/4 as noble a cause as WWII then your comparison might actually be significant. Instead Iraq still remains a war that was started based on a series of lies perpetuated by our Commander in Chief, and no matter how much Pontius Bush washes those hands, that blood ain't comin' off.
Do you seriously contend that President Bush fabricated the whole war situation? And you at the same time maintain that he is an idiot? Which is it?

What was our noble reason for entering WWII on the European front? Ethnic cleansing? Aggression? Germany never attacked us. We only entered in the Pacific because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. The media today would accuse FDR of being complicit in the attack to get the military industrial complex churning.

Also, you claim to be a centrist from Kentucky that is in the ministry. If this is true, please explain to all of us that are not as inspired what access you had to any level of information pertaining to the ploans and basis for war. Also, what formal training do you have as an imagery analyst. Additionally, please provide proof of your professional training in the art of foreign policy. After you provide this information, I will allow you to enlighten the rest of the board without interuption. Until then, I am getting tired of internet opinions being stated as fact. And if you maintain that Bush has blood on his hands, every Congressman that voted to authorize the war has just as much blood on theirs. A true centrist would cast blame on all those responsible.

If only we had these kind of intelligent cartoons back in WWII. We would be speaking German on the east coast and Japanese on the west coast. We have lost 3600 troops in over four years. LESS than we lost in the fight for Iwo Jima (6,825 in 34 days). What would this chicken**** Congress have been calling for then?

Comparing Iraq to WWII = :jerk:

It doesn't help your cause and only makes you look stupid.

Comparing Iraq to WWII = :jerk:

It doesn't help your cause and only makes you look stupid.

I disagree. The reason we went to war is questionable. But as it stands now, it is a fight against the establishment of an Islamic caliphate ruled by Sharia Law. Regardless of how we got to the point we are currently, stopping would have tragic consequences worldwide. They have published their plan of attack. We know what their courses of action will be. We don't have to guess, we can read it.

Do you seriously contend that President Bush fabricated the whole war situation? And you at the same time maintain that he is an idiot? Which is it?

I've long since come off my Bush is an idiot stance, and if you look back through my posts you'll see it.

Also, you claim to be a centrist from Kentucky that is in the ministry. If this is true, please explain to all of us that are not as inspired what access you had to any level of information pertaining to the ploans and basis for war. Also, what formal training do you have as an imagery analyst. Additionally, please provide proof of your professional training in the art of foreign policy. After you provide this information, I will allow you to enlighten the rest of the board without interuption. Until then, I am getting tired of internet opinions being stated as fact. And if you maintain that Bush has blood on his hands, every Congressman that voted to authorize the war has just as much blood on theirs. A true centrist would cast blame on all those responsible.

Watch Bill Moyers "Buying the War", then get back with me. BTW, I'm a Centerist, but that's more of a general position based on various points. I'm not so silly that I would attempt to say "Hey I'm a centerist on all issues".

Futhermore, I still can't believe that you're still defending the reasons for going to war in Iraq. that just baffles me to now end. But, I guess you're happy just swallowing every line that comes from the White House as if its Gospel and that is a shame. Keep in mind that I once supported this President, and I once supported this war until the time came when I was forced to realize that I was simply wrong on both counts.

What was our noble reason for entering WWII on the European front? Ethnic cleansing? Aggression? Germany never attacked us. We only entered in the Pacific because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. The media today would accuse FDR of being complicit in the attack to get the military industrial complex churning.

Sorry. Germany declared war on the US two days after Pearl Harbor.

Your other point is wrong too, but this one is blatantly wrong.

Sorry. Germany declared war on the US two days after Pearl Harbor.

Your other point is wrong too, but this one is blatantly wrong.

Never said they didn't. My question was why did we enter WWII on the European front. Just because a nation declares war but does nothing is not a reason to invade. (I am not claiming we shouldn't have gone to war)

I've long since come off my Bush is an idiot stance, and if you look back through my posts you'll see it.

Watch Bill Moyers "Buying the War", then get back with me. BTW, I'm a Centerist, but that's more of a general position based on various points. I'm not so silly that I would attempt to say "Hey I'm a centerist on all issues".

Futhermore, I still can't believe that you're still defending the reasons for going to war in Iraq. that just baffles me to now end. But, I guess you're happy just swallowing every line that comes from the White House as if its Gospel and that is a shame. Keep in mind that I once supported this President, and I once supported this war until the time came when I was forced to realize that I was simply wrong on both counts.

Read my posts and you will see that I have said over and over again that we screwed up on going to war. My beef is that you claim the President manufactured the war. This is laughable. I don't buy what is coming out of the WH as gospel. I just know more then Joe Q Public because of what I did and where I was. And to see the disinformation spin and be passed off as a the truth is almost comical. We are there now, and stopping would be irresponsible. More irresponsible even than what you claim the Presidenty did in the beginning.

Never said they didn't. My question was why did we enter WWII on the European front. Just because a nation declares war but does nothing is not a reason to invade. (I am not claiming we shouldn't have gone to war)
ok lets just ****in wait for them to invade us. dude, im glad you're not our comander and cheif

Umm, that makes no sense at all.

As soon as the Nazis declared war they statred sending wolfpacks into US waters. We lost hundreds of ships in American coastal waters on the Eastern Seaboard in the first few months after Pearl Harbor.

*sigh*....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Archived