Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor & Landry Chemistry !!!

sitting bull

it wasnt anyone subbing out...ST came in the game but Landry stayed so its not like they were switching spots. I do think there is going to be a chemistry there...ST and Landry are alot more alike thank AA and ST....plus...once they both start making plays and can trust each other, then there will definitely be a chemistry regardless of their off the field relationship.

wait a minute here. what is all this talk about good and bad chemistry? Are talkin about if they get along when the play together on the defense? or are we talking about how well they mesh on the field after the ball is snapped?

Cause if we are talking about the later then i hate to say it guys but i don't really see where chemistry has anything to do with it. What our coaching staff is looking for is aggressive play, ability to execute your assignments, and over all doing your job at your position. If Landry, or Taylor for that matter screw something up and are not in their prescribed assigned area or fail to execute then do we chalk that up to bad chemistry?

AA didn't work out for us last year not because he didn't have any chemistry with the other defenders on the field. He can't cover. Bottom line! What we needed last year was the ability to turn the ball over and to force punts after third down. AA did nothing to help our defense on third and long so now we bring in Landry in the hopes that his play making abilities can help us out in that area and others.

Come to think of it the only chemistry that we should be concerned about is whether Landry has any chemistry with Gregs Defense.

:2cents:

Of course two African-Americans who fancy themselves gangstas are gonna have more in common than one African-American who fancies himself a gangsta and one coddled white boy...Just sayin'.

:wtf: Landry a gangsta?????? St had some issues but a gangsta???? Some of the comments on this board never ceases to amaze me. :doh: But yet the mods never seem to find anything wrong with it. :doh:

wait a minute here. what is all this talk about good and bad chemistry? Are talkin about if they get along when the play together on the defense? or are we talking about how well they mesh on the field after the ball is snapped?

Cause if we are talking about the later then i hate to say it guys but i don't really see where chemistry has anything to do with it. What our coaching staff is looking for is aggressive play, ability to execute your assignments, and over all doing your job at your position. If landry, or taylor for that matter screw something up and are not in their prescribed assigned area or fail to execute then do we chalk that up to bad chemistry?

AA didn't work out for us last year not because he didn't have any chemistry with the other defenders on the field. He can't cover. Bottom line! What we needed last year was the ability to turn the ball over and to force punts after third down. AA did nothing to help our defense on third and long so now we bring in Landry in the hopes that his playmaking abilities can help us out in that area and others.

i'm going to completely disagree with you point about chemistry, but sure your point about sucking is valid.

chemistry is absolutely needed between the two. they need to be able to communicate and to understand what the other is trying to do. if sean is playing behind laron, he has to be able to understand how laron is going to reroute receivers. it's one of the hardest things to explain but it's easiest seen when it works.

look at manning and harrison, they have chemistry to the point where they can make eye contact and adjust the routes. i know that you are going to say that it's different between a receiver and qb then with db's, but it really isn't. it's more of a trust thing than a physical thing. ST had that with ryan clark and played like a stud then; he didn't have it last year with any of those guys and his game suffered because of it.

:wtf: Landry a gangsta?????? St had some issues but a gangsta???? Some of the comments on this board never ceases to amaze me. :doh: But yet the mods never seem to find anything wrong with it. :doh:

I don't mean gangsta as in criminal. I mean gangsta as in fashioning oneself in the hip-hop lifestyle. You can't deny that Laron and ST have more in common personality wise than ST and AA.

You guys are completely misconstruing what I was trying to say.

I don't mean gangsta as in criminal. I mean gangsta as in fashioning oneself in the hip-hop lifestyle. You can't deny that Laron and ST have more in common personality wise than ST and AA.

You guys are completely misconstruing what I was trying to say.

So hip-hop style = gangsta. Got it.

Personally, I don't mean to jump on you or anything I just think that Landry is much more clean cut than Taylor. Certainly they have some commonalities; ethnicity, gender, geographical origin, etc., but they seem like two totally different personalities to me. :2cents:

I can see Landry being much flashier than Taylor but certainly not a gangsta.

:doh: I didn't mean to rile anything up. I just meant that Laron and ST have more in common culture wise, so they'll probably be better friends. That's all I meant. I'm not going to defend that post anymore because this thread is going nowhere good.

:doh: I didn't mean to rile anything up. I just meant that Laron and ST have more in common culture wise, so they'll probably be better friends. That's all I meant. I'm not going to defend that post anymore because this thread is going nowhere good.

Don't worry about it dude. It's all good. ;) We are just giving you a hard time. For the most part I agree with you. :laugh: No love loss dude!

I don't know guys. Sean Taylor has had the reputation of being a ball hawk. Which means that on more then one occasion he is going to get caught out of position which the first couple of years i noticed he did. Crayton's touchdown in Dallas that first year where Taylor blew his assignment is one.

Adam stated over and over again that gregs defense was one that he was not comfortable playing and it was very hard for him to adjust to playing it. Personally i think he was laying down the foundation for excusing his less then spectacular play.

I guess that im just not seeing the chemistry part. There is not alot of greg's defense that allows for his defensive backs to just go out there and feel what the other is going to do. They have certain assignments. If those assignments change is cause the offense has changed and they are doing what they practiced hundreds of time on the field so in retrospect they doing what they assigned to do. If you don't do it then your blow your assignment which to me has nothing to do with chemistry.

i guess we just see things differently on this.

Archived