Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor & Landry Chemistry !!!

sitting bull

In the context in which the term was used, gangsta is correct.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gangsta

Okay let me say this more strongly: GANGSTA IS NOT A WORD. This ****ization of the English language by using pop culture phrases is despicable. In any case, I doubt ST or LL have time to be in a "youth gang" as your definition puts it, so perhaps this is the wrong context.

In any case, my 1970s Merriam-Webster doesn't have it in there ;) .

Okay let me say this more strongly: GANGSTA IS NOT A WORD. This ****ization of the English language by using pop culture phrases is despicable. In any case, I doubt ST or LL have time to be in a "youth gang" as your definition puts it, so perhaps this is the wrong context.

After all of that, it was still used in the proper context. :laugh:

aren't you a little young to be complaining that slang is ****izing the english language? ;)

After all of that, it was still used in the proper context. :laugh:

Are you implying that ST and LL are both involved in criminal gang activities?

As for me being too young to be complaining about the ****ization of the English language, no I'm not. I think that, when used properly, a language can be very powerful. After all, the pen is mightier than the sword.

There is always unfinished business with me. :)

I know about the report feature but thanks for the reminder. Second, so my wording was off, sue me. I was excited and I was not insinuating anything--I was flat out making a comment/observation. Lastly, of course you find it misplaced since you are a mod. Quite frankly, I find inappropriate comments all the time on this board that can be offensive in so many ways and it seems to me that the mods, including you, only correct the ones that you disagree with. But, I will take your suggestion next time and report them to you. :)

It would be sweet if no one reported anything. How can someone's comments offend people so much that they go and "report it". It must really upset them. I'll never understand that feeling. It's just so easy to move on to the next post. I see your smiley face, but the fact that people do this is amazing.

For the thread, I think it would be great if Landry and Taylor become best friends, and have some fun out there. They could be special together.

Aren't you a little young to be so intelligent. :)

I bet you Sean is taking young LaRon under his wings. Everybody out at the park says Sean is a great teammate, and I bet he's making LaRon feel the same. They have a lot in common as well. Sean is not much older than him, they're both from the south, they both love crackin' mugs and making plays, and they'll prolly even ride Sean's ATVs together. Two young brothas will always get along better than one young brother and an older white cracker who took big money to come in and take the spot of the young brother's best friend.

I bet you Sean is taking young LaRon under his wings. Everybody out at the park says Sean is a great teammate, and I bet he's making LaRon feel the same. They have a lot in common as well. Sean is not much older than him, they're both from the south, they both love crackin' mugs and making plays, and they'll prolly even ride Sean's ATVs together. Two young brothas will always get along better than one young brother and an older white cracker who took big money to come in and take the spot of the young brother's best friend.

:laugh: :laugh:

Wow. Blatant racism aside, they've been together for all of a couple days. I highly doubt we can jump to conclusions about their chemistry on or off the field. I wonder how much chemistry Michael Westbrook and Stephen Davis had before their little incident...

Are you implying that ST and LL are both involved in criminal gang activities?

As for me being too young to be complaining about the ****ization of the English language, no I'm not. I think that, when used properly, a language can be very powerful. After all, the pen is mightier than the sword.

Not at all. In fact, I would argue that rather "gangsta" or "gangster" both are stereotyping in this case.

I definitely agree that the pen is mightier than the sword. For the record, I was just you a hard time about the spelling correction and definition. But since, the original poster used that term, it seems fitting to continue given the definition. :)

:yikes:

Jesus Christ, this thread has everything in it except a conversation about football. I figured, because we already covered racism and went right back to it, a couple of "ghey" comments and a bunch of "this thread sucks", I would start with a religious slandering.

BTW, I hope they have good chemistry and things work out great and we have the best safety tandem in the league, during the season and not just before it, again.

Added(sorry to fuel the flame, but), doesn't "cracker" refer to slave times and the guy with the whip? If so, wouldn't that make GW or Gibbs the "cracker" and AA just a slave like ST and LL?

Not at all. In fact, I would argue that rather "gangsta" or "gangster" both are stereotyping in this case.

I definitely agree that the pen is mightier than the sword. For the record, I was just you a hard time about the spelling correction and definition. But since, the original poster used that term, it seems fitting to continue given the definition. :)

:cheers:

Since this thread has everything: Should we be in Iraq. Discuss.

;)

Of course two African-Americans who fancy themselves gangstas are gonna have more in common than one African-American who fancies himself a gangsta and one coddled white boy...Just sayin'.

Off topic: In reference to your comment "American Ganstas", Denzel Washington will be playing in a movie that's expected to come out in November, 2007 called "American Gangster"...Trailer looks good!

Back on topic: Lights out for any receiver who dares to come across "Area 51"...this is where we will see good chemistry...hit'em low...hit'em high!

Archived