Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ask Darrell Green

rtandler

I'll be at Darrell Green's final press conference after the game on Sunday and I'll have the opportunity to ask one, maybe two questions. I'll be one of very, very few there who actually communicates with large numbers of Redskins fans. This is a rare opportunity for me and I want to make the best of it for fellow Skins fans.

I'd like to know what those of you here on the ExtremeSkins board would like to ask Darrell as he says farewell to the Redskins and the NFL. Give me your suggestions for a question to ask Darrell. I'll take the best ones with me to the FedEx interview room on Sunday.

"In your 20 years here, what would be your greatest memory as a Washington Redskin?"

or

"How about one more year?":D

Man it sucks this organization couldn't build a good enough team around him to get another ring for him and the team.

Won't seem right next camp without him:cry: :cry: :cry: :notworthy :notworthy

"Can I have your autograph?"

(Propably not cool in that setting. But, it might work.)

Seriously, I've wondered for some time why I don't see a link on redskins.com to a site that sells Darrel-autographed items, funds goung to his foundation: I'd think, respected as he is, his autograph wold be worth as much as Jordan's. I'd understand if he doesn't want to appear mercanary by selling it himself, but doing so for the foundation would appear (at least to me) completely decent. (The fact that it would give me a shot at something has nothing to do with the idea.) :)

Originally posted by Larry

"Can I have your autograph?"

(Propably not cool in that setting. But, it might work.)

Seriously, I've wondered for some time why I don't see a link on redskins.com to a site that sells Darrel-autographed items, funds goung to his foundation: I'd think, respected as he is, his autograph wold be worth as much as Jordan's. I'd understand if he doesn't want to appear mercanary by selling it himself, but doing so for the foundation would appear (at least to me) completely decent. (The fact that it would give me a shot at something has nothing to do with the idea.) :)

Up at camp, Darrell's wife I believe or a woman close to him was selling his foundation shirts and only the people who bought them could come at another time he would sign just the shirts that you had bought. I got there too late to get a shirt but I got very close to shaking his hand. Later in the day I fan day I had bought a Darrell Green hat and got him to sign it for me. It is behind glass and will never come out:notworthy

Rich,

As Darrell what he thinks his legacy will be and what does he

want his legacy to be.

I remember hearing Gibbs and reading his book Fourth and One,

where he says his legacy will not being the Coach of the Redskins

or winning Superbowls, but it will be his two sons. Gibbs strongly

felt that they were want counts. He was a true family man.

Archived