Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You Pick: Which is the Dumbest Vick???

RIDETHEWALRUS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

"Vick's mother, Brenda, was only 16 when he was born, and his father, Michael Boddie, was 17. The two had already had a daughter before Michael Vick, and would have another two children before marrying in 1985.."

This means that she was at a minimum 15 when she had her first child. She then proceded to have 3 more children back-to-back-to-back. that says to mean that she isn't the brightest bulb in the house. I found out about birth control, on my own accord, at 15 (rubbers, the pill, pulling out:D). She needed 4 children to figure that one out.

Yes, bcos my mom is gret and she raised 3 boys as best as she could with my dad of course, taught us the difference between right and wrong.....but guess what I am an upstanding guy, in the Military for 7 years and a solid citizen, my younger brother got busted for possession with intent to distribute and is in a federal slammer for 7 months and my older brother got mixed up in some bad stuff too.

So what blame my poor mother who cries at night bcos 2 of her grown sons made some bad decisions....It's stuff like that people have to think off, it's not plain black and white......for all we know their mom could ave raised up her kids the right way, and they just made bad decisions anyways bcos they wanted to......So sad that now, bcos of the hate for Vick some have to cheap shot his mother....bet you aint got the balls to say **** about his mom in his face......

Mate, this isn't meant to be an indictment on your momma. Their momma was in fact included in the poll because I hit the 4 responses bit instead of two. I know many people who spent time in the pen on drug charges who had unbelieveable mothers and fathers. However there is a massive diference between selling a little bit of pot and torturing animals or trying to date rape 9th graders.

Quite frankly, it saddens me to think that you are comparing your mother to the woman who raised two individuals who clearly have no respect for life, animal or human. Both of the Vick boys have shown an utter disregard for the gift of life. From what you say, neither of your brothers should ever be compared to the Vicks and you shouldn't compare your mother to theirs.

No, he just doesn't use his head and makes poor choices in life. We all do it to different degrees. He isn't the first and won't be the last athlete to make a poor choice.

I'm not so sure. Tank, Pacman and half the Bengals made bad choices. There is something more in "choosing" to torture and execute defensless animals for fun and profit. Scratch the profit part.

Quite right, you are. Vick lacks a superego.

Good call. That ties in with the father thing too.

From Wikipedia:

Super-ego

Freud's theory states that the super-ego is a symbolic internalization of the father figure and cultural regulations. The super-ego tends to stand in opposition to the desires of the id because of their conflicting objectives, and is aggressive towards the ego. The super-ego acts as the conscience, maintaining our sense of morality and the prohibition of taboos. Its formation takes place during the dissolution of the Oedipus complex and is formed by an identification with and internalization of the father figure after the little boy cannot successfully hold the mother as a love-object out of fear of castration. "The super-ego retains the character of the father, while the more powerful the Oedipus complex was and the more rapidly it succumbed to repression (under the influence of authority, religious teaching, schooling and reading), the stricter will be the domination of the super-ego over the ego later on — in the form of conscience or perhaps of an unconscious sense of guilt" (The Ego and the Id, 1923). In Sigmund Freud's work Civilization and Its Discontents (1930) he also discusses the concept of a "cultural super-ego". The concept of super-ego and the Oedipus complex is subject to criticism for its sexism. Women, who are considered to be already castrated, do not identify with the father, and therefore form a weak super-ego, apparently leaving them susceptible to immorality and sexual identity complications.

From Wikipedia:

Super-ego

Freud's theory states that the super-ego is a symbolic internalization of the father figure and cultural regulations. The super-ego tends to stand in opposition to the desires of the id because of their conflicting objectives, and is aggressive towards the ego.

Am I not a psychology God??

:silly:

I'm not so sure. Tank, Pacman and half the Bengals made bad choices. There is something more in "choosing" to torture and execute defensless animals for fun and profit. Scratch the profit part.

True, I blame the MOM just like some others.

I went to school in Newport News. That place is full of bad parents. These Vicks weren't raised by good parents. They probably did whatever they wanted from the day they were born because their parents were idiots.

Like someone pointed out in another thread. Vick placing 1K bets on dog fights and raising dogs for fighting is completely idiotic. It's like you or me growing weed in our backyards to make an extra dollar off of it.

And remember that this all started because his house was raided for drugs.

Marcus Vick stomping on that dudes head is retarded. Chasing 14 year old girls, completely idiotic considering he probably could have 1/2 of the girls attending VT at the time.

It's obvious that his mom never had any control. These guys are just a couple of gang bangers from NN like Iverson.

From Wikipedia:

Super-ego

Freud's theory states that the super-ego is a symbolic internalization of the father figure and cultural regulations. The super-ego tends to stand in opposition to the desires of the id because of their conflicting objectives, and is aggressive towards the ego. The super-ego acts as the conscience, maintaining our sense of morality and the prohibition of taboos. Its formation takes place during the dissolution of the Oedipus complex and is formed by an identification with and internalization of the father figure after the little boy cannot successfully hold the mother as a love-object out of fear of castration. "The super-ego retains the character of the father, while the more powerful the Oedipus complex was and the more rapidly it succumbed to repression (under the influence of authority, religious teaching, schooling and reading), the stricter will be the domination of the super-ego over the ego later on — in the form of conscience or perhaps of an unconscious sense of guilt" (The Ego and the Id, 1923). In Sigmund Freud's work Civilization and Its Discontents (1930) he also discusses the concept of a "cultural super-ego". The concept of super-ego and the Oedipus complex is subject to criticism for its sexism. Women, who are considered to be already castrated, do not identify with the father, and therefore form a weak super-ego, apparently leaving them susceptible to immorality and sexual identity complications.

Freud = Hack

No one takes him seriously anymore unless they are also addicted to coke.

The Vick boys aren't kids anymore, they're legal adults.... blaming their Mom is stupid for that reason, at some point in each person's life they have to accept responsibility and accountability. Marcus and Mike are clearly in charge of their own lives at the points they started getting themselves into trouble.

If you think that their 18th birthdays were the transition points from being angelic adorable little children to sadistic thugs, you need to choose different recreational drugs.

So you don't think Mike and Marcus got caught up into thinking they were Gods with Damn near an entire region of the country being on there Nuts all the time?

You think the Mother just said go rape girls and kill dogs?

I think the mother didn't explain to them that torturing animals and raping children was a terrible idea. I honestly believe she didn't instill the morals in her children needed to realize these acts are sick, twisted and entirely wrong. I don't think she is the dumbest of the group but when you raise a pair of moralless scumbags your name should at least be in the mix for the poll.

Archived