Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1,000 gallon swimming pool disappears without a trace

Stricknn

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12784369/?GT=10150

PATERSON, N.J. - Daisy Valdivia is annoyed that someone stole her backyard pool — and baffled at how they did it without leaving behind a splash, drip or trace of the 1,000 gallons of water it contained.

Valdivia awoke to find her family’s hip-high, inflatable, 10-foot diameter swimming pool gone from her back yard Wednesday.

Valdivia told The Record of Bergen County the theft must have occurred between 1 a.m., when her husband went to bed, and 5 a.m., when she awoke.

She’s amazed someone could steal the pool that quickly and just wanted to know “what the heck they did with the water,” she said.

PATERSON, N.J. - Daisy Valdivia is annoyed that someone stole her backyard pool — and baffled at how they did it without leaving behind a splash, drip or trace of the 1,000 gallons of water it contained.

Valdivia awoke to find her family’s hip-high, inflatable, 10-foot diameter swimming pool gone from her back yard Wednesday.

Valdivia told The Record of Bergen County the theft must have occurred between 1 a.m., when her husband went to bed, and 5 a.m., when she awoke.

She’s amazed someone could steal the pool that quickly and just wanted to know “what the heck they did with the water,” she said.

I think I would let the people that stole the pool keep it. They definitely deserve it after stealing a pool and getting rid of 1,000 gallons of water in 4 hours.

Aliens....

I think, but I'm not sure, that there are these things called . . . pumps(sp?), that somehow move water and from one place to another. I know, I know, wierd science, but if we can send a man to the moon . . .

Pumps make lots of noise. A bilge pump powerful enough to remove 1,000 gallons of water in just a few hours would be loud enough to wake the whole neighborhood, and the water still has to be pumped somewhere. If 1,000 gallons of water were pumped out of a pool, then logically, evidence of that should be visible somewhere nearby. And those above ground pools always seemed pretty big & bulky to me, though I've never actually seen one up close. How do you take that from someone's back yard without being noticed? How do you carry it?

My guess is that they found some type of opening near the bottom of the pool (negating the need for a pump) and used a long enough hose to drain the water to a nearby sewer or storm drain. Then, some sort of disassembly would be necessary to get the thing out of the back yard. Pretty crafty.

Still, who the f*** steals a pool?

It would take a day to drain a pool that size. Chances are, they just dismantled it and the water soaked into the ground. If it was level ground, it wouldn't take long for it to be absorbed.

Not exactly alien abduction amazing here if you ask me :)

Archived