Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Got Laid Off...I'm Headed to Iowa!

Ghost of

There are only two things I hear about Iowa:

1. That it gets really hot there in the summer... like Africa-type hot. Bill Bryson said about growing up in Iowa... "by the end of July it gets so hot that even the flys lay on their backs and quitely gasp for air"

2. and that High School Football is a religion. I had a friend that used to drive thru Iowa quite a bit. Apparently there was absolutely nothing but farms for hundreds of miles... and the ONLY thing on the radio was HS Football. Either a live-broadcast, taped broadcast, call in shows, etc.

Good luck Ghost. Sorry to hear about you being laid off but it sounds like you're not too dissapointed. So maybe this will be a blessing in disguise. + you're a smart guy... you'll land on your feet.

What type of work do you do, ghost?

My business is expanding and I'm in the market for help.

PM me.

illone has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space :laugh: :)

I'll PM when you clear out some space. :cheers:

illone has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space :laugh: :)

I'll PM when you clear out some space. :cheers:

I kinda figured it was that bad when you were moving to IOWA!!!!! :laugh:

"Build it, and they will come." :D

I guess this means the chick you've been falling over is gone?

I kinda figured it was that bad when you were moving to IOWA!!!!! :laugh:

"Build it, and they will come." :D

I guess this means the chick you've been falling over is gone?

go ahead, kick 'em when they're down, it builds character :cheers:

j/k Ghost, best of luck to you. when one door closes two more open

Iowa has nice parks and pretty girls. :)

Iowa's close to Kansas and the Kansas City area has some real pretty girls, though they run a bit religious. :silly::D

Nick, with your sense of style and your intellect, life will continue to be a full-meal deal. Embrace the adventure. We'll send best wishes and good luck and you'll need to keep us posted, mi amigo. Document your travels for future presentation--podcasts; articles; books; movies :) . :cheers:

Nothin' wrong with Iowa.

Unless you think low crime rate, low rents and property prices and reasonable distance to Chitown, BIg Sky country and the East Coast is a bad thing...and it might be quite temporary.

Don't forget, almost No work.

I researched that area about a year and a half ago. Took a trip there even to look at homes. The job market was one of the worst in the entire country at that time. Just be forewarned.

Good Luck!

Take all the resources that you have left and start up your own biz. This could be the best thing that could have happened to you. I met a woman at the airport once. She lost her marketing job. She brought a blind cleaning kit. Now she making over 10 grand a week cleaning blinds.

Head to Iowa with a plan. When you get discouraged. Listen to TI song motavation.

Umm, Orlando's got one of the best economies in the country, what does seattle have, oh yeah that dude from american idol.

Hahah, that's rich. What does Seattle have? Let's see off the top of my head Boeing, Microsoft, Nintendo, Starbucks and Google.

Also, lots and lots and lots of ****ty rainy days. :)

That, I can't deny. Although I'd call them drizzly days. New york still gets more actual percipitation on the year. On the otherhand, I do know that I won't get skin cancer living here!

Archived