Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

L.A. vs. Chelsea game thread (beckham)

Skin'emAlive

After about 25 min into this game' date=' i feel bad for beckham. Galaxy blows and it is painfully obvious to see the difference between the skill level of club teams and MLS.[/quote']

Yea but it is soccer.... One team blows, the othere team is way better... score 0-0 :doh:

I think soccer is one of those things where you have to have something emotionally invested in it. Like say when the US plays Mexico, I care (so I can talk **** to my mexican ex-gf.) Like the suspense builds as you wait and wait for something to happen and when it finally does it's a thrill. As far as just any old match though, eh, I can't get into it too much.

God Chelsea should have had 8 goals that half easily. It was ridiculous!! Beckham shouldnt play. It would be stupid for him.

Everyone has to remember this is Chelseas preseason. If they played in their regular season this game would be 4- nil!

what was the final score? I thought Chelsea was just gonna anihilate them.

BTW, I don't get all the soccer hate. Of course it's not as popular, but I went to a DC United game last saturday. The stadium was only half full, yet it was just as loud as a "full" FedEx is.

I hate when people bad mouth soccer because its "boring". I mean if you grow up watching and playing soccer then you are going to be into it. Its just that simple.

Lots of you guys grew up with baseball, I didn't. I think its boring as ****. I grew up with soccer and I love it.

So basically if you think its boring...then why even post in the thread?

I hate when people bad mouth soccer because its "boring". I mean if you grow up watching and playing soccer then you are going to be into it. Its just that simple.

Lots of you guys grew up with baseball, I didn't. I think its boring as ****. I grew up with soccer and I love it.

Why post a thread about soccer in a football forum?

The Tailgate (72 Viewing)

Use this forum to participate in off-topic discussions (politics, entertainment, history, technology, humor, etc.) Please note that some threads may contain material not suitable for viewing at work or around children – view at your own discretion.

The Tailgate is for anything outside of football.

Personally, I grew up playing soccer until 6th grade. Of course, our games had alot of goals and its big because it doesnt cost alot of money to play for parents and the kids wont get hurt as much as football or even baseball.

MLS will never be big in America. They promised high scoring games, and they havent delivered. Its watching keep away for 3 hours.

He went in on the 78th minute. Touched the ball 8 times. they lost 0-1. He got slid tackled once and was slow to get up with his injured foot. I heard people say why play him, he is still recovering. I think they needed to play him, even just the short time for PR purposes. Now that he was on TV and all the drama is over, he can sit a while to really heal up.

I'm with you guys, I don't get all the soccer hate that is in this country. I'm not a big soccer fan, so I don't watch it just to watch it, I do however, enjoy watching events like the World Cup, even though the U.S. team royally sucks whenever they play.

If you don't like a particular sport there is a very simple solution, change the channel and don't watch it.

This Beckham thing will go down in history as a classic blunder...just a huge waste of money.

Read this link http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?...id=aUAxd1irwwng

and you will see that Beckham generated more than double his actual salary way before he even joined up with LA Galaxy. He only earns $5.5m per year guaranteed, the rest is his share of increased profits that his name is already generating.

It's a marketing ploy that by the looks of it cannot hurt LA Galaxy even if it backfires.

Don't believe the hype things are not always as they are reported.

you've been on this site long enough to know that you are asking a pretty silly question.

This thread was about L.A. v. Chelsea. For any of you who could care less about this, don't even bother opening it and wasting your time posting in it.

I don't care if games are low scoring in soccer, as long as the ball doesn't stay in the center of the field all game. I like seeing chances missed, shots blocked, etc..., good defensive games.

Recently I've warmed to soccer... in fact one of the reasons people love football is due to it's team nature... I see similar elements in soccer. Now sure, the "action" near the goals might be slow, but there's plenty of other stuff going on... even for these professionals it's hard to control where the ball is going when you're trying to get an opening. Primarily I've enjoyed watching the World Cup, but if the MLS can keep growing top-level talent, it's good too.

A big part of the reason people are turned off to soccer because soccer-fans have to deal with stuff like in this thread, and seem to be eternally optimistic. Soccer won't take America by storm... but that doesn't mean it's the sport to spit on. If I consider myself a sports fan, than genuine athletic competition should interest me... and I think soccer is a pretty good team sport.

That being said, I'd much prefer if we had an American Aussie Rules League...

Archived