Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's your favorite Redskin player and why?

robotfire

Sean Taylor: Big hitter and is the perfect safety. He is the safety coaches dream about. A big hitter, tall and weighs 215-225 Pounds, and can cover very well. Not to mention when you need a play he makes it if he is in the area. The man is just all out everytime I see him. Same could be said about Chris Cooley. He is a warrior.

Past- Darrell Green "Mr. Redskin"

Present- Mark Brunell

I have always been a Redskin but have followed Mark's career since Jax. He will play a crucial role next season weather he gets on the field or not. I think his presence is vital to JC's growth as a QB. Mark could have made noise and demanded out, but he is a true Redskin now and I'm glad. The guy has a lot of character and I love that he is there to be a positive influence on JC.

I have more confidence in Mark as a back-up than I would any other QB (who would be willing) in the NFL going into this season. This offense is obviously very tough to learn and having him in his 2nd year learning in it could be huge down the stretch, should he be needed.

London Fletcher's deal was done due to Marks' agreeing to restructured his deal to remain here and be a Redskin:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2783587

Plus I think he is cool and would love to pound a few cold ones down with the dude.

Past: Darrell Green, a great human being and man beyond being a great football player. A consummate pro, great work ethic, a huge heart, fastest man, tootsie roll in the sock, running down Dorsett. etc etc.

Present: I have no definitive favorite currently, it's between Campbell, Portis and Taylor. I have a feeling it will be Campbell b4 long.

Past: Doug Williams and Darrell Green

Present: Sean Taylor (He has bad intentions when he hits you just like old school players, quiet and doesn't need to be liked by everybody)

Clinton Portis (Embraces fashion, is good with the ladies, is very confident in his abilities at running back, has the vision and ankle-breaking ability, likes to have fun but also works hard in practice and in games)

Past: Darrell Green. Such a soft-spoken, good person who took it even a step further on the football field. One of the first true shut-down corners I ever saw in the NFL. Not a big guy, but a solid tackler who was willing to put his body in there unlike some DB's nowadays. Fast as lightning, with a work ethic that never stopped. Had hands like glue and rarely dropped anything that he touched. What an NFL cornerback really ought to be.

Current: I will invoke my 5th Amendment rights against self-incrimination, tyvm.

Sean Taylor. I've liked him since I saw him kill people at Miami. I got his jersey right away(stuck with the obsolete #36). I love the way he plays the game and I think he's one of the few guys on our roster who really cares about being a Redskin(and despises the Cowboys in the process).

Past....My two favorites of all time are:

John Riggins.....only one word to describe this Redskins hero: Man

Mike Nelms....no fear, and the greatest returner in history. For those younger fans who might not have seen him play......you should learn about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Nelms

Present: Sean Taylor is the greatest since Ronnie Lott. He is nothing short of incredible.

Springs: He simply plays on a level higher than anyone else on the defense.

Betts: the guy is the most humble, and classiest of all Redskins. And he does everything for the team--no questions asked. Run, catch, or return kickoffs...he does it all. The guy is an absolute BEAST that hurts defensive players unlucky enough to have to tackle him.

Past- Darrell Green "Mr. Redskin"

Present- Mark Brunell

I have always been a Redskin but have followed Mark's career since Jax. He will play a crucial role next season weather he gets on the field or not. I think his presence is vital to JC's growth as a QB. Mark could have made noise and demanded out, but he is a true Redskin now and I'm glad. The guy has a lot of character and I love that he is there to be a positive influence on JC.

I have more confidence in Mark as a back-up than I would any other QB (who would be willing) in the NFL going into this season. This offense is obviously very tough to learn and having him in his 2nd year learning in it could be huge down the stretch, should he be needed.

London Fletcher's deal was done due to Marks' agreeing to restructured his deal to remain here and be a Redskin:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2783587

Plus I think he is cool and would love to pound a few cold ones down with the dude.

I'm quoting you because it's nice to see somebody give some props to Brunell. He gets bashed very unfairly around here for what he can't do well anymore and not thanked for what he has and is doing now.:applause:

Randy Thomas 77

Why ? Because he is the most consistent o-lineman on our team and will rightfully be going to the pro bowl this year as one of the top guards in the NFL. I love Samuels and Jansen too, but they get most of the props on the o-line from the media and fans ahead of Randy which in my opinion is plain wrong.The guy is great in pass pro and is an earthmover in the run game, we are damn lucky to have him in DC.

Plus the dude loves to eat, and as someone who is 6'3 and 300lbs I can identify with that LOL. The randy eats videos are great and one of his quotes 'I've ****ed up some buffets, man' i thought was hysterical :D

Finally he plays right guard and so do I, every time we get to the Skins over here in England I record the game and then watch Randy on every play wherever possible to try and improve myself.

I've just ordered a 77 authentic from Eastbay, I'll be over for the Bears game and I'll be wearing it with pride.

Clinton Portis:

• Dresses in awesome costumes
  • A good, down-to-earth guy
  • Carried this team into the playoffs in 2005
  • GUT AND POWER!!!

P.S. I know this thread has been done before, but it seems like it's about time to have another... it's the offseason, and I want to read about why people like Marcus Washington and stuff.

I think my name and sig will hint at who's my favorite player. :laugh:

Ken Harvey:

You gotta love the guy. He never ran his mouth wasn't ****y. He just showed up with his lunch pail and did his job. Sucks that he was on so many bad teams with the Skins that he doesnt get the recognition he deserves(from the fans)... Good thing he was inducted in the Ring of Honor.

:dallasuck

Archived