Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's your favorite Redskin player and why?

robotfire

im surprised no one has Darrell Green as there all time yet.

well ofcourse D.G for all time and now the one and only Sean #1hit Taylor.

Absolutely. Unquestionably the best Redskin of all time. Pure Class. Pure Performance. Pure Endurance. He IS the Redskins

green_090401.jpg

Past: Darrell Green. He was the man. One of the greatest of his time. I also got a chance to meet him at training camp one year. :D

Present: Santana Moss. Dude has great hands, amazing speed, and is pretty humble about it. He's one of our greatest offensive weapons.

If you are going current, I would say either cooley because of his second effort style of play or Sean Taylor because he hits the hardest of any safety I have seen in a while and is tough as nails. If you have to go retro, I would say John Riggins, because of his toughness and second effort style of running. I liked Wilbur Marshall because he was always around the ball and seemed to make a lot of plays. For my underrated players I would pick Neal Olkewicz. That guy was awesome.

#28 Darell Green - Excellent character and work ethic. Played every down of his career with Washington. Proven selflessness. Fastest man in the NFL. The true face of the Redskins.

Now: #53 Marcus Washington - The energy level that he plays at and brings to the team and game instantly makes the defense better (he was hurt last year). Seems like a pretty humble guy too in all the interviews I have seen.

From the past:

Darrell Green - the only Skin I ever met. I stood in line over 30 minutes at a conference in Vegas to just shake his hand. He was signing some little toy football. I told him I wouldn't stand in line for 5 minutes to see Joe Montana or any other football player of that day (early 90's), but waiting for him was worth it. Like someone else said, a totally class act. People who were at the booth with him all said they had dinner with him the night before and he had no ego, just a 100% nice guy.

From the present:

Jason Campbell: even if he never does another thing in his career, he has shown that every well-known and highly paid professional football player is not a loud-mouthed ego who is only about himself. As a person, he's already shown his class is leaps and bounds above the T.O.'s and the PacMan and the Michael Irvin's this league is so proud of. I only hope his career can match his class.

Archived