Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's your favorite Redskin player and why?

robotfire

Clinton Portis:

• Dresses in awesome costumes
  • A good, down-to-earth guy
  • Carried this team into the playoffs in 2005
  • GUT AND POWER!!!

P.S. I know this thread has been done before, but it seems like it's about time to have another... it's the offseason, and I want to read about why people like Marcus Washington and stuff.

Sean Taylor:

Does what's best for the team even if he looks bad in the process (see: 2006 season)

Man of few words, but strong actions

Sealed the deal against Philly to get into the 2005 playoffs, won the Tampa Bay game in the exact same way the following week, and won us the Cowboys game on 11/5/06

Hardest hitter since Lott

Past: Joe Theismann...I like the way he rode the bench and played sparingly as a punt returner only to one day get his chance to lead such a dominant team...plus, the way he went out, though gruesome, but on the Monday Night stage, was sort of Hollywood/Nastalgic.

Jon Jansen:

Longevity, always a pro bowl candidate, plays through injuries, gets the job done without putting himself in the limelight with arrogance.

Very well put. Agree 100%

I'll also add Chris Cooley to my list. Great guy, plays hard every down, reliable, very rarely injured, and has a great sense of humor. Also, he's not a drama queen.

Its hard for me not to say Santana Moss, given my screen name lol. Being a young fan, I never knew how it felt to have an elite receiver playing for the Redskins. So when Moss had the breakout season that he did, it was truly a treat to watch knowing that the Skins now have something they havent had in a long while. It added a totally new dimension to our offense having a receiver of his caliber (when healthy). And plus, he's just so damn cool.

Its hard for me not to say Santana Moss, given my screen name lol. Being a young fan, I never knew how it felt to have an elite receiver playing for the Redskins. So when Moss had the breakout season that he did, it was truly a treat to watch knowing that the Skins now have something they havent had in a long while. It added a totally new dimension to our offense having a receiver of his caliber (when healthy). And plus, he's just so damn cool.

Plus, even though hes such a great player, you never hear him talk smack. He's humble and lets the stats speak for themselves.

Past - Art Monk - Not flashy, just went out and did his job. It is completely ridiculous that Art Monk is not in Canton right now.

Present - Sean Taylor - Taylor knocks the soul out of people. He talks so much smack to the opposing offense and is never afraid to get in someone's face. Taylor, in my opinion, also has pretty sure hands. He rarely drops a sure INT and he alway seems to pick up fumbles when the ball is bouncing around. He also causes his share of fumbles. I hope Taylor is a career Redskin.

:logo:

Sean Taylor - Ronnie Lott was always my favorite non-Redskin growing up, and Taylor is the closest we have. I always liked seeing a skilled safety play. There are so many ways they can impact a game, fun to watch.

The guy in my sig. :D

1) He plays at one speed and one speed only. He never lets up.

2) One of the few players who's mere footsteps cause receivers to question their desire to catch the ball being thrown to them. (Terry Glenn :laugh: )

3) Completely fearless.

4) The way he stands before a play. Shoulders up head bent forward; it all says one thing: predator. That is why I made my sig.

Archived