Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cloverfield (Now contains unhidden spoilers and poll)

THUNDERDOME

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I've never seen Lost the series but from the trailer and what I've seen so far if that's what it was I'd go see the movie

Oh my, you have seriously been... LOST... for the last couple years if you have never seen the series.... :doh: :laugh:

Check the tranformer thread for links and other dicussion on this, too. :)

Cool....didn't know it was being discussed in there...plus the search wasn't workin...

Oh my, you have seriously been... LOST... for the last couple years if you have never seen the series.... :doh: :laugh:

I know....I've heard about it but never get around to takin the time to watch it....see what this website does to some people :)

I heard someone in the trailer say "it's a lion" does that have anything to do with Lost?

there were polar bears

and a mysterious monster in the form of a black clowd that ripped trees out of the ground and its roar is ferocious

we dont know bout the monster in lost yet

First off, I don't think it's a Lost movie. I didn't follow Lost at all really this past season, but from what I've seen of the show since it started, this film looks like nothing from Lost.

Second, it's hard to tell if they say "it's a lion" or "it's alive" or what really. Honestly this film could be going in a thousand different directions, I'm still amazed that nobody's cracked anything yet out there in internet-land however.

More stuff I found

http://movieblog.ugo.com/index.php/movieblog/more/exclusive_slusho_website_connected_with_cloverfield/

Alright, you know how Cloverfield/1-18-08 is going viral? Paramount releases the trailer attached to Transformers, there’s camcorder versions of it uploaded to video sharing sites, officially no one is talking about the project…

And then IGN reports that Cloverfield/1-18-08 may be using the alias of “Slusho” for the filming of a Paramount movie happening right now in L.A. The set calls for “200 extras. Military vehicles. Destruction aftermath. Weapons brandished. Emergency vehicles with flashing lights. Exterior dialogue on fire escape on 8th floor.”

And then J.J. Abrams chimes in to Ain’t It Cool News and drops this bomb: “For what it’s worth, the only site of ours that people have even FOUND is the 1-18-08.com site. The others (like the Ethan Haas sites) have nothing to do with us.”

Then explain this J.J. ‘cuz it’s smoking gun proof that a weird beverage website marketing a drink called Slusho belongs to your new movie:

That’s a screengrab from the 1-18-08 trailer, right before the action moves to the rooftop. See that dude’s shirt? Slusho. And the logo looks exactly like the drink found on the Slusho website:

Holy crap!

It gets weirder: read the history page on the Slusho website. It talks about a woman named Noriko that wanted to discover a new beverage flavor. Noriko set out across the ocean and was never heard from again. Her son, Ganu, grew up and continued his mother’s research...exploring the ocean for possible flavors.

Did you get that? The ocean.

And then one day Ganu “discovered a deep sea ingredient unique to anything else.” He had a mysterious dream and realized that he had found the secret beverage flavor...and thus Slusho was born.

Slusho. From the bottom of the sea floor.

Hey, H.P. Lovecraft fans, what other thing did you read about that likes to dream and can be found at the bottom of the ocean floor?

Cthulhu I guess....

Archived