Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't cry for me Obstructed View Crew faithful..

XdcdiehardX

edit: well you can ignore this I ended up getting some seats after all! i posted pictures below.

but the truth is I have left you :( ... aparently I should have listened to the guy from the ticket office when he told me to renew my section 218 seats from last year. Me and my buddy were ready to head down to fed ex, like we did last year, to pick out our seats but a call to the stadium informed us that there are only single OVC seats left! well needless to say i have gone into a severe depression and have considered sticking my head into a oven. it may be hard to understand why anyone would want to sit behind a pillar for me it was a great joy. sure i would like to see the whole field from time to time but thats what the TV's were for (even though the action in the game on the TV goes the opposite direction as the field.. but thats not the point).

anyways all you OVC nuts do me a favor.. if you get wind off any tickets, full season or a game here or there PM me. i will still get down to the games every Sunday from Morgantown and grab a seat from a scalper but my heart is in the OVC and that where i want to be. if not hold it down Section 218! i will miss everyone!!

HAIL VICTORY! and HAIL OVC!

edit: well you can ignore this I ended up getting some seats after all! i posted pictures below.

Cheers to you, faithful skins fan. I got those seats once from ebay without knowing they were obstructed view for the Chargers game two season ago now and it kind of sucked. I wasn't too happy with them but there is a better atmosphere in the lower bowl IMO. The fans actually cheer and the it gets crazy loud. See you at the games

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe there is a possibility of other OVC seats opening up. I only say this because I went in mid-July last year and scored 2 aisle seats with a FANTASTIC view for OV seats, and when I asked the ticket office rep how they were still available when the only others were 1 and 3 seat groups, he said he thought they had just come available again. Not sure how that would work, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened. So maybe it'd be worth checking back again sometime soon....

BOOO!!!! OVC is the way to be man! Come on dude, we need true skins fans down here. Too bad, you were only 3 sections away from me. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you but you know as well as i do it's not gonna be easy to find seats down there

but the truth is I have left you :( ... aparently I should have listened to the guy from the ticket office when he told me to renew my section 218 seats from last year. Me and my buddy were ready to head down to fed ex, like we did last year, to pick out our seats but a call to the stadium informed us that there are only single OVC seats left!

Sounds like me. I didn't renew last year and had to wait until they went wide open again before I could grab my worst seat again. This year, I'd planned to head up from SC for a Nats games then take the daughter to FedEx to pick up two together for this season. Singles only. Dang it. That means all that's left are the worst seats, and they stink. The good news? I'm sure 224, 15, 15 is still ready and waiting for me -- and anyone else dumb enough to think traveling watching 18 hours round trip to see 60% of the field is a good time.

Well, congrats for sticking it out back there.

Btw, when did they open up OV sales this year? Any idea? I was hounding them last year for the date they went on sale, and ended up having to call daily as they wouldn't spill the beans early, SC or no.

You know what's the worst? Your post has me jones'n for my seat again.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news (well for me anyways!) i saw a post on wed. night from a guy who had just that day bought some OV seats, so the next morning i made some calls to the ticket office. drove down from Morgantown this morning and picked up two tickets in 224 (i think..) row 17! They were triple the price of the behind the pillar seats i had last year but there is zero obstruction of the field! the overhang still blocks the scoreboard but that was the least of my concerns! can't wait for another season in the cavE!!!!!! Hail OVC! i will throw up some pics of the view if i can figure all that out!

I also let my OV seats go this year. They were 222 (50 yard line) row 21 seats 3 and 4. BTW they called me last week to give me a last chance to renew...(so they may be available). There was no real pillar obstruction but a severe overhang issue.....

But I now have 2 seats in 311 (Dad and I use these) and 4 in 452 row 15 for friends....

How cheap of a ticket can you get from a scalper on game day?

A scalper is one who sells tickets for above face value.

I.E. Brokers and Stubhub

If you resort to paying above face value from a parking lot seller at FedEx, your probably getting ripped off.

Parking lot hustlers sell tickets for whatever the market dictates. With 92,000 seats and only 75,000 patrons who actually want to attend most games, it typically makes for a buyers market at FedEx. Dallas and the home opener will always be expensive, but the other six games are usually a cakewalk.

Last year, I found a pair of OVs for $20 for the Philthi game, a pair of uppers for $40 for Carolina, and a pair of lowers in section 103 for the Jax game for $120. All purchased from hustlers in the parking lot a half hour before kickoff.

The Jax game would have been at least $400 from a broker.

Anyone with bargaining skills can get great deals out of the hustlers. :cheers:

A scalper is one who sells tickets for above face value.

I.E. Brokers and Stubhub

If you resort to paying above face value from a parking lot seller at FedEx, your probably getting ripped off.

Parking lot hustlers sell tickets for whatever the market dictates. With 92,000 seats and only 75,000 patrons who actually want to attend most games, it typically makes for a buyers market at FedEx. Dallas and the home opener will always be expensive, but the other six games are usually a cakewalk.

Last year, I found a pair of OVs for $20 for the Philthi game, a pair of uppers for $40 for Carolina, and a pair of lowers in section 103 for the Jax game for $120. All purchased from hustlers in the parking lot a half hour before kickoff.

The Jax game would have been at least $400 from a broker.

Anyone with bargaining skills can get great deals out of the hustlers. :cheers:

well i have season tickets....but being a car salesman it shouldnt be a problem if i wanna get other tickets huh?

welcome to the cave my friend.

i have been thinking of starting this whole "OVC Crew" and making it official. if anyone is interested in doing a tailgate at 1 game or something let me know

Hey man thats a nice view!!

OVC!!

HTTR!!

well i have season tickets....but being a car salesman it shouldnt be a problem if i wanna get other tickets huh?

You don't want to move from where you sit and nor do I, so thankfully we don't need to buy tix at every game.

However, most people I know won't buy their own tix b/c they think it's too much coin to buy in advance. So the only way to get them to go to the game is to hustle tix for them in the lot. It's usually worth the effort to add a few heads to my tailgate.

You don't want to move from where you sit and nor do I, so thankfully we don't need to buy tix at every game.

However, most people I know won't buy their own tix b/c they think it's too much coin to buy in advance. So the only way to get them to go to the game is to hustle tix for them in the lot. It's usually worth the effort to add a few heads to my tailgate.

i have a lot of friends that do the same thing. Ride in with me, tailgate then find a scalper about an hour before kickoff. i'm yet to have a friend who doesnt find a ticket

Archived