Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We have witnessed the creation of the next NBA Dynasty

jrockster21

IMO' date=' being as bad at defense as he is, and that being half the game, he doesn't warrant a #2 pick. It is also my opinion that his effectiveness on offense and on the boards will drop considerably because he will be out-muscled by just about everyone. He will not able to hold his ground at all on D and he might get broken in half if he ventures in to the paint. We'll see. It's all speculation and I am certainly no expert. Nick Young will be good.[/quote']

Man, your sig is distracting. What were we talking about again?

SI.com is saying that the Celtics made out and the Sonics got the bad end of the trade. They list the Celts and the Knicks as the two biggest winners in that draft and the Sonics as one of the losers.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/chris_mannix/06/29/draft.rehash/index.html?cnn=yes

THE WINNERS ARE ...

Washington

Not only is Nick Young an excellent player, but by drafting him, the Wizards are free to let DeShawn Stevenson and Jarvis Hayes walk and use the money to re-sign promising prospect Andray Blatche.

Durant is overated and will struggle to produce offensively in the NBA. Defensively' date=' he is going to get pushed around. Green should have spent another year at Georgetown refining his game under a superior head coach. Losing Ray Allen doesn't help and the combo of Wally and Delonte won't do anything to replace him.

Nick Young will fit in perfectly with the Wizards' scheme and could start immediately. If we resign Blatche and find an equal value in a Haywwod trade, we should be in the top 5 of the eastern conference, perhaps with home-court for the first round.[/quote']

Something tells me that Durant will be in for a rude awakening come time to step foot on a grown man's floor. With the exception of Lebron James, can say that Durant is ready mentally or physically? Jeff Green will definitely fit nicely with Rashad Lewis if the organization can find some way to retain him.

I really have to see Nick Young play to get a better evaluation of him. But, from the looks of his highlight reels dating from his college games, he looks to be another slasher to come of the bench and spell Stevenson/ Hayes of minutes. He may even be promoted to the starting duty, but either way you look at it, this is not a worthless gamble by Ernie.

Which reminds me, is there anyway to get either O'Neil and Garnett here because we are going to have a tough time with the likes of Chicago and Cavaliers. How about Chicago picking up Joahkim Noah (sp?)

:logo:

I take it that you are a seattle sonic fan excited about your teams offseason moves. I think as a Redskin fan, you should have learned not to get to excited about your teams offseason activity

No, I'm a Wizards fan. I'm also a GTown fan (and NCAA basketball fan in general), and its just my opinion that Durant/Green are going to be the **** for years to come.

Great trade for the Sonics for the future, Jeff Green is a beast. I wouldn't count out Ray yet, he was still their best player by far and he's still got 2 or 3 more seasons left in him. Green and Durant will take time to develop, and it will take time to fit in all the tweeners into a lineup.

Everyone's bashing Boston, but with Ray that's an automatic contender in the East. Rondo/Telfair, Ray, Pierce, Jefferson and Perkins is a solid starting 5. Boston now has a Ray Allen and a Ray Allan btw.

I really have to see Nick Young play to get a better evaluation of him. But, from the looks of his highlight reels dating from his college games, he looks to be another slasher to come of the bench and spell Stevenson/ Hayes of minutes. He may even be promoted to the starting duty, but either way you look at it, this is not a worthless gamble by Ernie.
He's not a slasher, he has a mid-range jumper game.

Well, of course, along with noting his defensive shortcomings, a sizeable majority of pro analysts back jrock in thinking Durant is the real deal. And true, fans out here were very excited about the draft and the future. What's interesting about the franchise now is it was the only team drafting without a coach yet, and at last word it was Bennet (new owner) will be heading to another city for the traditional reasons (failed, so far, extortion of $$ from the city/public). Oklohoma, where Bennet is from, and KC are most recently dangled. This draft may be great leverage for Bennett. The fans here will miss Ray Allen.

The Seattle Supersonics.

Kevin Durant and Jeff Green are going to be the closest to Jordan/Pippen we've ever seen on one team since those dominant Bulls teams.

Should we wait until they've played one minute of basketball at the highest level or just call them a dynasty right now? Yeah good call.

Great trade for the Sonics for the future, Jeff Green is a beast. I wouldn't count out Ray yet, he was still their best player by far and he's still got 2 or 3 more seasons left in him. Green and Durant will take time to develop, and it will take time to fit in all the tweeners into a lineup.

Everyone's bashing Boston, but with Ray that's an automatic contender in the East. Rondo/Telfair, Ray, Pierce, Jefferson and Perkins is a solid starting 5. Boston now has a Ray Allen and a Ray Allan btw.

He's not a slasher, he has a mid-range jumper game.

Arenas has one also, but would you not call him a slasher?

SI.com is saying that the Celtics made out and the Sonics got the bad end of the trade. They list the Celts and the Knicks as the two biggest winners in that draft and the Sonics as one of the losers.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/chris_mannix/06/29/draft.rehash/index.html?cnn=yes

Popeman, thanks for posting that link because I had to read it to believe it. It reads like it was written by the Celtic's PR department. What a load of ****!

Gee...speculation on a sports website. WTF was I thinking? :doh:
I couldn't tell that you were speculating from what you wrote.

"We have witnessed the creation of the next NBA Dynasty."

"Kevin Durant and Jeff Green are going to be the closest to Jordan/Pippen we've ever seen on one team since those dominant Bulls teams."

I guess I shouldn't have taken your post literally.

Speaking of Dynasty's, what about the Spurs coming up with Tiago Splitter (spelling?) Thsi guy was rated as high a # 3 in the draft as late as December and the Spurs end up grabbing him at 28.

I've heard that said about 15 guys now. Everyone is the #3 after Oden and Durant. :laugh:

The Sonics' draft didn't make any sense. Durant was pretty much a given, but they made a mistake by picking up Green. Green is a nice player, but Seattle already has a glut of swingmen on their roster and zero big time guards. They have Durant, Wilcox, and a couple of decent other guys. On top of that they might resign Rashard and would thus have a logjam at the F position. Seattle would have been much better off picking up a guy like Corey Brewer.

I myself am loving the Warriors draft day. J-Rich was a good player and a great guy, but Nellie can make effective Two Guards out of popsicle sticks and tin foil. We got cap relief and a chance for that rare thing - a guy with more size that can handle the Nellie super-uptempo game. Wright may have it, and we are definitley in the Garnett hunt. Garnett would absolutely explode in Nellie ball.

Telfair has already been released.

Boston mortgaged the future on a 32 yr old shooting guard who hasn't exacly been Mr Durable over the last 2 seasons. So now you have Paul Pierce and Ray Allen on the same court and a PG who can't shoot. Not saying they won't content in the Atlantic, just saying they won't contend for the Finals. And SI looks like idiots proclaiming them the big winners and Seattle a loser in the draft.

The Sonics' draft didn't make any sense. Durant was pretty much a given, but they made a mistake by picking up Green. Green is a nice player, but Seattle already has a glut of swingmen on their roster and zero big time guards. They have Durant, Wilcox, and a couple of decent other guys. On top of that they might resign Rashard and would thus have a logjam at the F position. Seattle would have been much better off picking up a guy like Corey Brewer.

The beauty of Durant is that even with his size, they can put him at 2 and create all kinds of matchup problems. Durant at 2, Green at 3, Lewis at 4 - that's three serious scoring threats that can score from pretty much anywhere. And if you get on those three, drop it down to Wilcox in the paint for the easy bucket.

I couldn't tell that you were speculating from what you wrote.

"We have witnessed the creation of the next NBA Dynasty."

"Kevin Durant and Jeff Green are going to be the closest to Jordan/Pippen we've ever seen on one team since those dominant Bulls teams."

I guess I shouldn't have taken your post literally.

:laugh: No, you shouldn't have. :laugh:

Speculation - guess: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.

I didn't know people actually thought I could tell the future! :laugh:

Archived