Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please help identify autographs

wshngtn1

It is an awesome gift. I wouldn't be worried about some ******** on a message board looking at a digital picture of autographs trying to tell you that it's a fake. I'm sure he's an expert. :doh: There was no need, point, or credibility to his post. Some people are just plain lame, and unfortunately more and more keep popping up on this board.

There is no way, unless you see someone sign to determine that an autograph is authentic. I'm sure these are. However, I have several autos from many different players. The one who stands out the most is Jose Vidro. I know, not football, but it illustrates a point. I got him to sign a couple hats for me down in Spring Training a couple years ago. Then I started buying certified autographed cards of all the Nationals, and bought quite a few Vidros. The two sigs (certified and Spring Training) bear absolutely no relationship to each other. Just 'cause it is real doesn't mean it will always look the same.

I also agree that there is no way some guy would spend the time learning how to copy Clint Didier's auto when he could spend time on someone else and make insane money.

It is an awesome gift. I wouldn't be worried about some ******** on a message board looking at a digital picture of autographs trying to tell you that it's a fake. I'm sure he's an expert. :doh: There was no need, point, or credibility to his post. Some people are just plain lame, and unfortunately more and more keep popping up on this board.
Jeez. Did I kick your dog? As I said, I have done quite of bit of this in the past. While I may not have a degree in forgery detection or writing patterns, I do have a pretty good eye. Clearly that means nothing to you and that's fine. However, for some reason you've taken this really personally. Just remember:

You're good enough!

You're smart enough!

And doggoneit!

People like you!

th_stuartsmalley.jpg

I already know you know who these are by now...and for what it's worth the Gary Clarke one looks real..I got one from him at the Blitz this year..and it's almost identical to that...Signatures don't look EXACTLY alike each & every time they're signed. I look at some things I've signed and think...did I really sign that...I have a strange curly q that I add to my name when I sign it...and it doesn't always curly q the same way each time:laugh: .

I wasn't truly interested on the process of how the autographs would be identified, I was trying to gauge if you knew what you were talking about.

You wanted to guage if I knew what I was talking about by asking if I know the process of determining authenticity bc I suggested it to someone. You know something about these companies that I dont? Please share with the rest of us...

You are trying to guage if I know what I am talking about but you yourself have no clue... interesting.

Well, you said that there were companies that could determine the authenticity of an autograph by looking at it. I was trying to see if you knew what you were talking about or if you were just making things up. With your lack of knowledge about something you suggested to someone I think I got my answer.

I wasn't truly interested on the process of how the autographs would be identified, I was trying to gauge if you knew what you were talking about.

A quick search on yahoo found this.

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/latest/hartman-launches-autograph-authentication-service.html

Hartman Launches Autograph Authentication Service

Friday, 15 June 2007

A long-time Cincinnati area collector has started an autograph authentication service, but is keeping his feet firmly planted in an era he specializes in. He's also offering partial refunds on items that don't pass muster.

http://www.spenceloa.com/?gclid=COTcsqCThI0CFR4zgQod6wI6ig

Autograph Authentication Services

I've been buying and selling autographs as part of my business for the past 20 years. I would be very surprised if this piece was a forgery, as others have stated it would not be worth it to the criminal. Also as stated earlier if you don't see it signed you can never be 100% sure that it is genuine.

Frank Thomas is a great example of someone whos signature changed throughout his career. He started in the minors with a perfect signature great penmanship plus his uniform # and it progressed to just a squiggle and the number.

Nolan Ryan signs his last name Ryn on flats but on bats and gloves he uses Ryan

Another thing that forgers like to do is make signatures that look good. If the customer (sucker) can read the name they are more likely to buy it. Ray Park (Darth Maul) has an ugly autograph, and it was worse years ago, but alot were sold with nice clear signatures.

Enjoy the piece, it's a great collectible for a Redskin Fan.

The title of this thread is Identify Autographs.

There are still two of them left.

The one in the lower right at about 5 oclock is a fellow named Joe Jacoby.

The one in the upper left to the left of #30 Reggie Branch is the final mystery redskin.

That team brings up memories of the Theismann Broken leg on MNF and Riggo's final game against the Cards in Dec and getting eliminated from the playoffs on the last day of the season.

you said it was a gift right? so you didnt pay a cent right? then who the hell cares. fake or not, it was FREE. Enjoy it dude, and if it is fake. Ignorance is bliss!

*** and the poster ahead of me had a great post, how peoples sig can change over time :applause::applause:

Just my opinion and I only read the first two pages of this thread, but from my experience and from the Get Well cards I have received directly from the Redskins front office, there is no way that those signatures are fake. And I have other autographed things that I saw the person sign that look just like the ones on that painting.

Enjoy your piece and I bet it will look fabulous in your bar.

The title of this thread is Identify Autographs.

There are still two of them left.

The one in the lower right at about 5 oclock is a fellow named Joe Jacoby.

The one in the upper left to the left of #30 Reggie Branch is the final mystery redskin.

That team brings up memories of the Theismann Broken leg on MNF and Riggo's final game against the Cards in Dec and getting eliminated from the playoffs on the last day of the season.

Aha..Joe Jacoby...how sad I didn't get that. It looks like a #41 under it so I guess that threw me off.

Thanks to everyone that helped identify them.

Thanks also to everyone that helped confirm they are real...or 'look' real. I never doubted them and never really asked, but since it became a discussion, thanks again.

Archived