Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please help identify autographs

wshngtn1

My cousin just sent me the painting below signed by a few Skins. I'm trying to identify the autographs and need some help. From the autographs that I can identify, it appears that they come from the 80's.

Below the pic are links to closer shots of the painting so you can see the autographs a little better. The pics were just taken with my cell phone so they aren't that great.

Full.jpg

Top Left Close Up

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/wshngtn/TopLeft.jpg

Top Right Close Up

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/wshngtn/TopRight.jpg

Bottom Left Close Up

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/wshngtn/BottomLeft.jpg

Bottom Right Close Up

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/wshngtn/BottomRight.jpg

So far I have only identified:

Art Monk

Gary Clark - I think

Jay Schroeder

Don Warran

Raleigh McKenzie

Neil Olkewicz

Clint Didier

Jeff Bostic

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news' date=' but ALL those are signed by the same guy. Look at common letters in hte name. Peoples R's and D's and such are VERY distinct. The one's in this are not. It is a forgery. Sorry.[/quote']

??? Some "D"s start at the top, some at the bottom. Why would you yank this guys chain?

??? Some "D"s start at the top, some at the bottom. Why would you yank this guys chain?
I'm not. I wouldn't pay $20 for that. To me, it looks like a guy who had the players signatures and sat there quickly trying to match them without paying attention to certain details. When I was a kid I used to make a killing selling fake autographs. It is just about the easiest way in the world to make a quick buck. I always tell people that if you didn't see the guy sign it, he probably didn't.

Thank you very much for the help naming everyone.

I truly don't believe it is fake. My cousin got it from his good friend that is a memorabilia dealer. He sent the COA also...which I guess could always be fake too. Bottom line...I didn't pay a penny for it, it is a nice gift and it's gonna look very good in my Redskins bar.

Thanks again guys.

Thank you very much for the help naming everyone.

I truly don't believe it is fake. My cousin got it from his good friend that is a memorabilia dealer. He sent the COA also...which I guess could always be fake too. Bottom line...I didn't pay a penny for it, it is a nice gift and it's gonna look very good in my Redskins bar.

Thanks again guys.

Redskin Bar? Sounds great, post a pic when you can or when it is completed.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news' date=' but ALL those are signed by the same guy. Look at common letters in hte name. Peoples R's and D's and such are VERY distinct. The one's in this are not. It is a forgery. Sorry.[/quote']

Its not a fake ! from my experience I am pretty certain they are real . Monk,Bostic,Warren, Schroeder, Mckenzie and Olkewics are definetely real.

as for the rest not 100% certain.

Its not a fake ! from my experience I am pretty certain they are real . Monk,Bostic,Warren, Schroeder, Mckenzie and Olkewics are definetely real.

as for the rest not 100% certain.

How can you tell that? The signatures on this look exactly the same as some you know are real? That's what a professional forger does. I'm not saying they're forged but I really don't see a way you can be sure by looking at it.

How can you tell that? The signatures on this look exactly the same as some you know are real? That's what a professional forger does. I'm not saying they're forged but I really don't see a way you can be sure by looking at it.

Well you are correct at that. In my opinion they are real I have multiple signatures from each of the guys that i listed and those are pretty much the same. If they are forged it was done by more than one guy. Besides most of these players are not worth very much in the market and if they were fake the guy/gal spent quite a bit time learning the various styles of each signature. Its not worth their time or effort when there are much more desirable and profitable players out there.. Its a collectors opinion.. thats all so take it for what its worth..

Awesome man! I have a 89 jersey signed by Moss/Portis/Cooley and I watched them all sign it myself so I know its real. These look real but I am not sure. You can always mail it out to one of those places that determine authenticity if you really want to be sure.

The picture of Art Monk is a fake. He didn't look like that at all. Check out his butt.

LOL..yeah, the painting of Monk isn't the best, but his sig is on the painting itself so it's staying put. Otherwise I would probably put something else in the frame.

Besides most of these players are not worth very much in the market and if they were fake the guy/gal spent quite a bit time learning the various styles of each signature. Its not worth their time or effort when there are much more desirable and profitable players out there..

Exactly. A forger only needs to learn how to forge Manning, Tomlinson and Brady and they could probably be set for life. Why would they waste time with Ken Huff......no offense Ken.

Archived