Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: McCardell rejects Skins contract proposal

morpheusmeyers

possible swearing.

Actually, there is swearing.

Wow! Until now I've never realized how great his Vision and play-making abilities are. I'm looking forward to seeing him in preseason. If he can make some plays in preseason I'm sure the staff will find a way to get him on the field.

But then again, I remember Thrash running back returns, one after another, before being cut after preseason. Anyone else remember that? Man, i was pissed. Even I noticed Thrash' ability. I believe the Iggles grabbed him up after that.

Good. Man it seems like EVERY year the Skins have to make a stupid move. They were doing pretty good in avoiding those moves this year but they just cant resist. Signing McCardell would fulfill the Skins FO need to make at least one stupid move a year.

Getting Dan Snyder to stay away from the free agent wire is like trying to get Rosie O'Donnell to stay away from the All U Can Eat at Countryside Buffet.

Chris myers on the radio show "The Drive" said McCardell will be on and talking about his status. I only get it for an hour here on local radio, if someone has xm can you fill us in on what he says. Thanks in advance.

The Skins have already seen BL and the rest of the receivers in the mini camp and OTAs and yet they decided to make this proposal. What does that say about our current receivers?

The same thing as Springs and Rogers. That an injury or 2 could wipe out the WR's like it did the secondary. Doesn't hurt to bring guys in camp. We brought in Andre Dyson in last year's TC and that didn't hurt.

Giving up on Espy now could be akin to the Skins giving up on McCardell many years ago. Yes, Keenan might have another year left but Espy could have many more than that. Neither guy is a given but I'd rather take my chances on the young guy.

Giving up on Espy now could be akin to the Skins giving up on McCardell many years ago. Yes, Keenan might have another year left but Espy could have many more than that. Neither guy is a given but I'd rather take my chances on the young guy.

definitely. mccardell is close to the end, espy could be just beginning. go with youth over dinosaur.

Please God do not let us sign this man, completely unnecessary. We have a weak WR core, but another 6 footer that is old isn't going to help it, the only thing I can think of that will right now is time and reps with their new qb.

please this organization is not stable at all and players dont give a crap what happened 15 years or decades ago with gibbs1

Gibbs has been here 3 years.... what more stability do you want than that? Do you think he's going anywhere soon? Or do you think even if he retires that the franchise is going to be in disarray? Is the franchise going to move to another city?

Geez... just because a team doesn't win the Super Bowl every year doesn't mean everything goes out the window.

Playing for a historic franchise does mean something to players. I'm pretty sure David Macklin signed a lesser contract to play with the Skins.

Big deal? No. But it proves my point.

Gibbs has been here 3 years.... what more stability do you want than that? Do you think he's going anywhere soon? Or do you think even if he retires that the franchise is going to be in disarray? Is the franchise going to move to another city?

Geez... just because a team doesn't win the Super Bowl every year doesn't mean everything goes out the window.

Playing for a historic franchise does mean something to players. I'm pretty sure David Macklin signed a lesser contract to play with the Skins.

Big deal? No. But it proves my point.

David Maclin was a diehard redskins fan and thats why he came here.. Stability, right now 2005 looks like a fluke.. we were 5-6 and won 5straight against bad teams... The franchise very well could be in disarray after he leaves because alot of positions on this team are very old.

David Maclin was a diehard redskins fan and thats why he came here.. Stability, right now 2005 looks like a fluke.. we were 5-6 and won 5straight against bad teams... The franchise very well could be in disarray after he leaves because alot of positions on this team are very old.

Um, you seem to equate stability with winning.

Now, it's most likely you... since the rest of the world recognizes that franchises like the Cowboys, Browns, Redskins, Steelers, 49ers are some of the most historic franchises in the NFL and to a lot of players.... that kind of thing still matters.

I don't think our team is very old overall... in fact, I think we're pretty young (middle of the pack).

He's lucky to get an offer. While he was very good in his prime, he's NOT going to get better offers! We don't stinkin' need 'im!

With Campbell comfortable with this new offense, and getting the snaps with the first teamers, we are loaded at receiver. Look for B LLoyd, Randle L, and of course, Santana to have a very productive season.

Have a nice offseason, K!

Um, you seem to equate stability with winning.

Now, it's most likely you... since the rest of the world recognizes that franchises like the Cowboys, Browns, Redskins, Steelers, 49ers are some of the most historic franchises in the NFL and to a lot of players.... that kind of thing still matters.

I don't think our team is very old overall... in fact, I think we're pretty young (middle of the pack).

were getting up there at a lot of positions. defensive end is one, defensive tackle is another, two of our LBs are over 30, springs is 32, and our oline is getting older. were not the oldest, but middle of the pack is stretching it.

were getting up there at a lot of positions. defensive end is one, defensive tackle is another, two of our LBs are over 30, springs is 32, and our oline is getting older. were not the oldest, but middle of the pack is stretching it.

But on the flip side, one of our starting DT's is coming into his 2nd year, one of our starting LB's is entering his 2nd year & 1st as a starter, and one of our starting corners is coming into his 3rd year. Plus, we'll prob start a rookie at Safety. The other starting Safety is entering his 4th year.

And our QB is entering his 3rd year and 1st full season as a starter.

But on top of all of that, isn't our kicker young!

Can't argue DE or OL though. We need to de-geez both soon.

Archived