Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'60-present NFL Helmet Designs

MSB 21

That first Redskins helmet with the feather right in the middle looks awful...Would LOVE to have one, but it still sucks big ones lol. The arrow helmet always reminded me of a college team for some reason...and the solid color one reminds me of the Browns lol.

The "R" and the Indian chief have always been my favorites. :cheers:

The feather up the middle is my dad's favorite. He has one of those in his room. I think it's actually pretty tight, too.

I wonder why...

407045.jpg

You guys realize that Florida State stole that helmet from the Redskins not the other way around? The Redskins wore their spear design from 1965-1969 but the Seminoles didn't unveil theirs until 1976. I would love to see the Skins go back to it.

• 4 weeks later...
Looking through the rest of the NFC teams, only the Skins' helmets have undergone so many different variations. Most of the teams in the NFC seem to have stayed VERY consistent over the decades...

Did you not see the Eagles? They had like 20 different versions. Our logo is the best that has ever been in the league, it is just too cool. I really like the throwback script R though, I think that will look pretty good this year.

Anyone else catch this?

The Yellow R helmet was designed by Vince Lombardi before his death. He never coached the Redskins before his passing. The intent was for the helmet to resemble the Packers.

So that was Lombardi's ghost coaching the Skins -- who knew?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have an old hat that details our helmets since 1937. The one we have now was introduced in 1972 and ushered in the first winning era since the early 40's so I say keep it forever. I also agree that we have the best logo ever conceived.

However, when I discovered the '02 throwback uniforms in Madden, I did use them for home games to mark our 80th anniversary season. In small doses, the arrow helmet can be pretty cool.

That first Redskins helmet with the feather right in the middle looks awful...Would LOVE to have one, but it still sucks big ones lol. The arrow helmet always reminded me of a college team for some reason...and the solid color one reminds me of the Browns lol.

The "R" and the Indian chief have always been my favorites. :cheers:

the R is great, i have a vintage looking hoodie with that R stamped in the middle, during the winter i pretty much wear it everyday. the cool spear one is pretty sweet, but the yellow and the R is great. when we do throwback day, hopefully they pick those.

Archived