Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i have a feeling...

cmoney51951

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I suppose it's easy for you to jump on people when they post like your the flipping thread police. Seriously, you had posted your smart ass comment before I could even hit the refresh button. Get a life.

this is the resistance I was referring to. you don't know anything about my life. your hostility towards me is unmerited.

Guest NebraSKIN

I'm with ya, brother. My point is that 2005 was an uneventful year too. Not every year do we endulge . . .

the new approach I'm talking about is the restrain that the skins are showing when it comes to the signing of high profile free agents. We haven't really added any big name players.

this is the resistance I was referring to. you don't know anything about my life. your hostility towards me is unmerited.

Lmao, I'm not being hostile towards anyone. But it's like you're sitting there hitting refresh on threads, waiting for someone to post so you can run your little mouse cursor over the quote button and call people out.

Lmao, I'm not being hostile towards anyone. But it's like you're sitting there hitting refresh on threads, waiting for someone to post so you can run your little mouse cursor over the quote button and call people out.

I couldn't possibly "call you out" because I made the very same error. if you kept reading you would have seen that I was passing on advice which I had gained through my own mistake.

the new approach I'm talking about is the restrain that the skins are showing when it comes to the signing of high profile free agents. We haven't really added any big name players.

We added all that we could afford to. Seriously, we had very little cap room and almost every other team out there had tons of cap space... yet we showed restraint? Ok.

We couldn't compete for guys like Clements, L. Davis, Steinback, etc. because we didn't have the money to throw around this year. We even brought in Davis, but quickly found out we couldn't compete for his services.

We didn't show restraint. We simply didn't have the money to get much of anyone. Not when we had needs all over the board. We had to get lower priced free agents in order to have the money for DB, LB and draft picks. That's why we got Smoot, Fletcher, O. Stoutmire and Wade instead of Clements, L. Davis, etc. We couldn't.

I, frankly, don't give the front office a lot of kudos for not having the money to spend on what we needed. That's like praising your kid for not eating a twinkie today when the only reason they didn't is because they ate the whole damn box yesterday. :doh:

We added all that we could afford to. Seriously, we had very little cap room and almost every other team out there had tons of cap space... yet we showed restraint? Ok.

We couldn't compete for guys like Clements, L. Davis, Steinback, etc. because we didn't have the money to throw around this year. We even brought in Davis, but quickly found out we couldn't compete for his services.

We didn't show restraint. We simply didn't have the money to get much of anyone. Not when we had needs all over the board. We had to get lower priced free agents in order to have the money for DB, LB and draft picks. That's why we got Smoot, Fletcher, O. Stoutmire and Wade instead of Clements, L. Davis, etc. We couldn't.

I, frankly, don't give the front office a lot of kudos for not having the money to spend on what we needed. That's like praising your kid for not eating a twinkie today when the only reason they didn't is because they ate the whole damn box yesterday. :doh:

you make valid points. I would contend however that the skins have had the ability to work around the cap quite well in the past, and if they had really decided to pursue Davis and try their very hardest to sign him he would have been in B&G.

you make valid points. I would contend however that the skins have had the ability to work around the cap quite well in the past, and if they had really decided to pursue Davis and try their very hardest to sign him he would have been in B&G.

I do understand what you're saying... but then is it your contention that the Redskins can have any free agent they want and it was just a matter of us not wanting A. Thomas, Steinbach, Clements, Davis, etc.? That we can have anyone we want... we just don't want them?

Do you think that it could be just as likely that we saw that continual restructuring to bring in high priced free agents might not be the way to go anymore? That it will only contribute to us starting free agency 15 million or so behind almost every other club... and so decided to stop doing it?

If that's the case and they did see that you can't continue doing that forever, then good for them. But then, if that is the case, it does mean that we didn't have enough money this year to sign any big name people and again, that would mean that they didn't show restraint but rather, we didn't have the money to spend.

Frankly, I hope that we have seen that the reason no other club keeps restructuring for cap space is because it isn't a good idea in anything but the very short term. I hope we've stopped. I'm sick of seeing teams like San Fran, cleveland and dallas spending big on some big players and then still having a ton of cap space to play with when we're handcuffed. If they do have to have a player then they don't have to start restructuring like crazy just so they aren't snug up against the cap.

I hope they've learned. Until I see us having some cap space and still being moderate with who we bring in, I'll not beleive they've showed much restraint. The only year they did prior to this one was in '05 when we couldn't sign Smoot, Pierce, etc. and really didn't have too much money to work with. Then the following season they make a ton of big moves that have to be collectively the worst group of personnel decisions ever assembled by one front office. :doh:

Now suddenly they are showing restraint? Just like they did in '05 when they were limited in space and "didn't want Smoot and Pierce"? Funny how not having much cap space goes hand in hand with them not wanting to spend much, huh?

I don't mean to be harsh or anything... I know why you said what you did. It's just that I suppose I don't beleive it myself. History with this franchise says way more than all the optimistic fans in the world can counteract. It's right in front of our noses and yet so many choose to think its all ok and is suddenly fixed now, when the exact same front office and coaches have been saying it is ok for a while now... when the reality is, their decisions have been almost all terrible.

ok I'm stopping now.

Moe's is good. They have some pretty hefty burritos. My personal favorite is the "Joey bag of doughnuts".

yup thats what I had...

Man, i remember the first time I went in there and ordered a chicken burrito....some guy working goes..."you have the joey bag of doughnuts?"...I was like...dude what the hell are you talking about this isnt Krispy Kreme I just ordered a chicken burrito...

little did i know...

yup thats what I had...

Man, i remember the first time I went in there and ordered a chicken burrito....some guy working goes..."you have the joey bag of doughnuts?"...I was like...dude what the hell are you talking about this isnt Krispy Kreme I just ordered a chicken burrito...

little did i know...

what is this joey bad you're speaking of? I know the homewrecker.

I don't expect any blockbuster trades. While we don't have much cap room to take onboard another 'superstar' salary, no doubt trading an equivalent Redskins star could create that room. Still, at this point, its not as much about salary space -- it's more about retaining consistency and team chemistry.

This is more about Gibbs finally being comfortable with the players he has, and those that his organization has drafted. Thanks to Snyder's willingness to spend, we do have decent talent -- although some of it is now starting to age. True, Washington has depth issues, but what team doesn't?

Our skill players match up well with what other teams have in the way skill players. After three years, Gibbs & Co. have overhauled much of the Redskins roster, and now Gibbs & Co. have their own players in place.

So, at this point, I think Washington is just looking for easy pickups at for those areas where our talent is stretched thin, or where the starters' age is becoming a factor.

So I see Washington looking for its opportunities from the training camp cuts, free agents getting desperate as time winds down, or maybe some last minute small-time deal where another team had made a trade which results in their having to make one of their quality players expendable.

....Sorry no blockbuster trades like Betts for Briggs, or Portis for Calvin Johnson.

the skins are going to make a blockbuster trade before next season starts...

That won't happen. The Skins' FO appears to be content with their personnel and are not interested in bringing someone in late to learn our system.

Keep our picks for the next draft.

I sincerely doubt the 'Skins will make a blockbuster trade before the season starts. Do we make a trade for a vet? Maybe - but even that's a reach. If we ended up getting Briggs or Jenkins, it wouldn't shock me, but I just don't see it hapening.

I wouldn't be suprissed to see a trade happen. It won't be a blockbuster one, because who could it be? We don't have anybody that would really shock anyone to see traded outside of us. If there is an injury in camp to a D lineman, I could see Betts and a pick, but thats about it. The only other player on the block is SS and he has a huge contract. I think the closest to a block buster type trade might include Jansen for a guard like Faneca. Move Wade to tackle and add Faneca and the line is upgraded. I can't imagine any other possibility.

Archived