Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Would Win: Muhammad Ali vs. Quinton Jackson

d0ublestr0ker0ll

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So now, after seeing Rampage handle Chuck with grace, who could you see winning a streetfight? Rampage Jackson, or Muhammad Ali?

Ali is fighting in his prime, and Rampage would fight him 6 months from now. This is a streetfight, but during the course of it nobody is bitten, hit in the jewels, eye gouged, or sprayed with mace. Bare knuckled, who would be the victor?

Ali - 6'3" 230 lbs What can't you say about this man? His confidence was awesome. His precision with his fists is right there with Roy Jones Jr. as the best in boxing history. Who would even want to attempt to go in head first to try to take him down? Four haymaking jabs in a second, tight overhand rights, wonderful counterpunching. The most devistating combo puncher the world has ever seen. And it's hard to argue he's not the best boxer of all time.

Jackson - 6'1" 205 lbs The new Light Heavyweight Champion of the World. Rampage has displayed time and time again his aggressive wrestling talents. In a (STREET) fight, his bodyslams would stop any opponent on cement. In the ring, they only daze the opponent in to double-vision. His fists are becoming legendary simply for flooring Chuck Liddell. And they are for real. The lower body-strength of a kangaroo, he has the potential to be a fighter that changes the sport forever. Dare we say, in to a boxing-laiden sport.

So would the larger and stronger Ali be able to fend off the smaller Rampage? Or would Rampage overwhelm him with his overall abilities?

ali, the greatest boxer of all time, vs a very good (but not the best in his prime) Rampage, in a street fight...

I like Rampage, but I would rather see a gracie circa 1994 vs Ali.

I would love to see a 170 lb Royce Gracie vs 230 lb Ali. That would be a great fight.

I can't see the 1967 version of Ali allowing Rampage to get close enough to execute a takedown. The difference lies in the basic speed and athletic ability of the two combatants, and in this case it's not even close. It'd look like a matador executing a tree sloth.

An elite-level wrestler against an elite-level boxer, though? The boxer can't hold off the wrestler forever. The boxer would need a quick KO to win. :2cents:

In his prime its a tough call, boxers can FIGHT.

Street fight: Rampage

Boxing: Ali

Its hard to tell, if Ali can stay on his feet or knock Rampage out before he has a chance to jump on him then Ali wins. But if Rampage gets him on the floor its over.

I don't think people realize the lack of defensive skills these wresters have in terms of defending themselves against punches. People also fail to realize the impact that not having boxing gloves on would have on boxers, their punching power would truly be deadly. And people don't seem to recognize the difference in handspeed.

Before this Rampage vs. Liddell fight, most of y'all thought Liddell was going to win and were wondering if he could take Ali. He basically just got beat by a guy throwing punches. Ali would have rocked him even sooner than Rampage did.

I don't think people realize the lack of defensive skills these wresters have in terms of defending themselves against punches. People also fail to realize the impact that not having boxing gloves on would have on boxers, their punching power would truly be deadly. And people don't seem to recognize the difference in handspeed.

I dont think peope realized the lack of defensive skills these boxers have in terms of defending themselves against takedowns. Takedown defense is a skill that has to be learned like anything else, and it isnt easy. If you dont know what to do, you would have the opportunity to throw maybe 3 punches before you get taken down. Better make them count, because i dont think anyone in the thread would argue that once Ali hit the ground, the fight would be over in seconds.

If it was MMA then obviously Rampage. Rampage does actually take people down and slam them. No way he would want to stand with Ali. Take him down, slam him, GnP him. Straight boxing the it's Ali. Page would still hold his own though. He's got a good boxing trainer. He's got the ability. Actually won a K1 fight just using boxing.

Skip the bs threads. Ali or Fedor?

Most people here never even heard of Fedor.

Archived