Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keith Olbermann: Special Comment; Democratic Compromise

AsburySkinsFan

They are next door to Iran?

Oh, so know we went into Iraq so we could have a staging ground into Iran?!

I'm so confused, because you guys keep changing the reasons that we went in and why we remain. And to me this sounds like you guys are grasping to rationalize a horrible situation.

If it was NOT a trick question then why is it so damn hard to find the question??? :D
In the case of the Zogby poll, it appears that you may need to pay $19.99 to find out ... damn capitalism. :mad: http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075
That is fine. people should not need a poll to decide how they feel about a subject anyhow. As an aside have you ever considered the real value and utility of polls in a Democratic society? What are the pros?

It seems to me that there is tremendous value in polls in a democratic society. A government for the people must be able to find out what the people want ... we can't have elections every week, so polls are a great tool to guage public opinion on a short time-scale.

Oh, so know we went into Iraq so we could have a staging ground into Iran?!

I'm so confused, because you guys keep changing the reasons that we went in and why we remain. And to me this sounds like you guys are grasping to rationalize a horrible situation.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127926&highlight=iran+iraq

my post from 2005...

In the case of the Zogby poll, it appears that you may need to pay $19.99 to find out ... damn capitalism. :mad: http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075

It seems to me that there is tremendous value in polls in a democratic society. A government for the people must be able to find out what the people want ... we can't have elections every week, so polls are a great tool to guage public opinion on a short time-scale.

What if the "people" do not have enough information to make a qualified opinion? Don't we elect people into office to make decisions in an efficient manner. How efficient is asking the public every time a decision needs to be made. How good is the poll result if they are casting opinions they are not qualified to make?

If it was NOT a trick question then why is it so damn hard to find the question??? :D

Perhaps because, despite about a dozen requests, you refuse to read it?

He's provided you a link to the full results of the poll. You refuse to click on it.

You keep insisting that you don't care about the poll. That you don't care what it says. That you don't care.

And demanding that somebody else do research for you, so that you'll then have a reason to ignore the information that you've already made clear you're going to ignore.

How about, if you intend to ignore the poll, that you ignore it quietly, instead of ignoring it while demanding information?

He's provided you a link to the full results of the poll. You refuse to click on it.

You keep insisting that you don't care about the poll. That you don't care what it says. That you don't care.

And demanding that somebody else do research for you, so that you'll then have a reason to ignore the information that you've already made clear you're going to ignore.

How about, if you intend to ignore the poll, that you ignore it quietly, instead of ignoring it while demanding information?

The Zogby poll......please......provide me the question. THE ONE ****ING QUESTION!!!!!! :laugh:

I don't know why everyone is all over Portisizzle on this. The poll was brought in to counter my statement and it didn't do that so why even read the poll results in the first place.

We got on the topic of polls because Asbury was supporting the assertion by Keith Olberman that 70% of All Americans want to bring our troops home. My request was to post a poll that supports that statement. He posted 2, neither of which could support the statement that 70% of ALL Americans support troop removal.

It is not so much that that statement can't be backed up, like I said before I believe 100% of all americans want troop removal. But when is the key.

Olberman made a blanket statement and I just had to come along and say what a foolish assertion it was for him to make without giving it some support.

You see the problem is journalist (or shall I say talk show hosts) go on TV make claims and can't back them up, or manipulate polls that say whatever they want them to say.

What if the "people" do not have enough information to make a qualified opinion? Don't we elect people into office to make decisions in an efficient manner. How efficient is asking the public every time a decision needs to be made. How good is the poll result if they are casting opinions they are not qualified to make?
Clearly polls are more useful on some issues than others. Polling isn't always the best method, but it would definitely be a mistake to completely ignore polls.

As for your demand for the question, I already provided the link. All it will cost is $19.99 to get the full report, so if you want it so bad I suggest you pony up: http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075

Clearly polls are more useful on some issues than others. Polling isn't always the best method, but it would definitely be a mistake to completely ignore polls.

As for your demand for the question, I already provided the link. All it will cost is $19.99 to get the full report, so if you want it so bad I suggest you pony up: http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075

What if I told you I already knew the answer? :D

Are you playing dumb? I spelled it out for you in the post below.

I'm not sure why you would be having such a hard time with this. The question would be:

When do you think the US should exit the country (Iraq)

a. Immediatly

b. Within the next six months

c. Between 6-12 months

d. as long as you are needed

I mean did you even click the link it's all right there.

I don't care what Iraqis feel about our precense in Iraq. :2cents:

The poll has nothing to do with what Iraqis feel about our presence in Iraq, it has to do with the % of our military and the time frame in which they think it's appropriate to withdraw. If you would go to the site and read the article you would realize that instead of embarrassing yourself.

Are you playing dumb? I spelled it out for you in the post below.

The poll has nothing to do with what Iraqis feel about our presence in Iraq, it has to do with the % of our military and the time frame in which they think it's appropriate to withdraw. If you would go to the site and read the article you would realize that instead of embarrassing yourself.

None of this is on the Zogby site.

Archived