Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keith Olbermann: Special Comment; Democratic Compromise

AsburySkinsFan

You sound like an uniformed American. Where does approval rating come into play with regards to defending our country? Do you have the knowledge necessary to come to a conclusion on the use of our military?

No and apparently neither does Dubya, or else he wouldn't have hired a War Czar to take the blame for his screw up.

Let's see here, they forced us out through a war of atrition and sheer will and some how we are supposed to maintain the authority to enforce the terms of a cease-fire. Hmmm, something doesn't compute.

Which part of "We left because Congress cut off funding" did you not understand?

Both the NVA and Viet Cong were non entities by 72

King W'S war policy has any where from 28 to 32 percent approval rating depending on which poll you read. Therefore, he (Keith)is within the margin of error. Hey man I am a Pennsylvania registered GOP so you are not talking to a LIB here you are taliking to a concerned American.

That still doesn't in any way support the claim that 70% of ALL Americans want us out of Iraq. It only states that of the number of people who participated in the poll, only 28-32 percent approve of what Bush is doing in Iraq. It doesn't say anything about coming out of Iraq.

Well here's one that polled our soliders, from Zogby who is a fairly respectable bunch.

And in 2006 72% of troops said we should pull out within a year.

http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075

"

Again, this is a poll of soldiers in Iraq, not 70% of ALL Americans.

BTW, what soldier is really not going to say they wouldn't want to come home in a year?

And then there is this one done by Program on International Policy Attitudes of Iraqis that shows 71% of them want the US out within a year.

pollf2.gif

As for this one, they aren't even Americans in this poll!!!

I am not saying there aren't Americans who want us out. That is obvious, hell I want us out!!!! But for Olberman to make such a definitive statement is absurd and MISleading!

No and apparently neither does Dubya, or else he wouldn't have hired a War Czar to take the blame for his screw up.

Hired a war czar???? Is that an offical title for someone working in our government? If it is not who are you talking about and what do youy mean by "taking the blame"?

I think you are missing my point. I am looking for the raw question that was asked of the military personnel. It might be there but I can not see it. And pardon me in advance if I do not want to take the excerpt from article you linked as proof of the questions asked.

Well, if you don't trust Zogby then I don't know which polling group you can trust. I hear what you're saying and yes I understand the ability to manipulate data, but I think of the polls that I have seen and their consistency that we can be pretty sure that the numbers are accurate.

Well, if you don't trust Zogby then I don't know which polling group you can trust. I hear what you're saying and yes I understand the ability to manipulate data, but I think of the polls that I have seen and their consistency that we can be pretty sure that the numbers are accurate.

All I am doing is asking you to provide me the direct question or series of questions that led to the 70% number.

I doubt seriously that the question was "Should we get out of Iraq now?"

Again, this is a poll of soldiers in Iraq, not 70% of ALL Americans.

BTW, what soldier is really not going to say they wouldn't want to come home in a year?

The problem is that if Bush is to believed and the troops are all in support of this war then wouldn't this number be much smaller. And the question is not whether they want to come home in a year, but want a pull out within a year, much different.

As for this one' date=' they aren't even Americans in this poll!!![/quote']

Hmmm, so 71% of the people we are fighting for want us gone so we stay? Interesting.

I am not saying there aren't Americans who want us out. That is obvious' date=' hell I want us out!!!! But for Olberman to make such a definitive statement is absurd and MISleading![/quote']

Hey just because he doesn't cite the poll he's reading from doesn't mean its not there.

You sound like an uniformed American. Where does approval rating come into play with regards to defending our country? Do you have the knowledge necessary to come to a conclusion on the use of our military?

END OF DISCUSSION, you apparently know it all

All I am doing is asking you to provide me the direct question or series of questions that led to the 70% number.

Read what Zogby wrote, this report is from Zogby not a media outlet, if you can't take their findings seriously then forget ever quoting any polling data.

I'm not sure why you would be having such a hard time with this. The question would be:

When do you think the US should exit the country (Iraq)

a. Immediatly

b. Within the next six months

c. Between 6-12 months

d. as long as you are needed

I mean did you even click the link it's all right there.

I'm not sure why you would be having such a hard time with this. The question would be:

When do you think the US should exit the country (Iraq)

a. Immediatly

b. Within the next six months

c. Between 6-12 months

d. as long as you are needed

I mean did you even click the link it's all right there.

Is this on the Zogby site? I really am not interested in the Iraq poll. :)

Hired a war czar???? Is that an offical title for someone working in our government? If it is not who are you talking about and what do youy mean by "taking the blame"?

War Czar, the official job title was changed after many people complained, so Bush had it changed to, a war coordinator.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3176644

As for taking the blame, it is my opinion that this position was created so that Bush could deflect criticism about the progress of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Read what Zogby wrote, this report is from Zogby not a media outlet, if you can't take their findings seriously then forget ever quoting any polling data.

That is fine. people should not need a poll to decide how they feel about a subject anyhow. As an aside have you ever considered the real value and utility of polls in a Democratic society? What are the pros?

I'm not sure why you would be having such a hard time with this.

He's having a hard time with it because he wants to believe that some how Zogby created a trick question in order to manipulate the data findings, and therefore he can disregard the fact that 72% of troops think we should be out in a year, and quite frankly that is a much more damning statistic than any that Olberman threw out during is piece.

The problem is that if Bush is to believed and the troops are all in support of this war then wouldn't this number be much smaller. And the question is not whether they want to come home in a year, but want a pull out within a year, much different.

Hmmm, so 71% of the people we are fighting for want us gone so we stay? Interesting.

Hey just because he doesn't cite the poll he's reading from doesn't mean its not there.

Look, I asked you to come up with some legitimate or not so legitimate polls that stated 70% of ALL Americans want us to pull out of Iraq. You haven't.

I could say to you that 100% of Americans want out troops home w/ some degree of certainty (excluding the true war mongers). Polls have to be taken with a grain of salt. Like I stated before, they are too easily massaged to disprove or prove whatever people want.

It is not so much that the polls say what they say as much as it is the media making claims they can't back up with misleading polls. I have watched Olberman off and on to see the counter to O'reilly, he continuously makes unsubstantiated claims so I don't give creedence to his words anymore.

And look, I know it goes both ways, I won't deny that, but some are worse than others. Limbaugh is one of them. Olberman is the worst in my estimation.

As for taking the blame, it is my opinion that this position was created so that Bush could deflect criticism about the progress of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Or better manage the war.

"In the newly created position of assistant to the president and deputy national security adviser for Iraq and Afghanistan policy and implementation, Lute would have the power to direct the Pentagon, State Department and other agencies involved in the two conflicts."

He's having a hard time with it because he wants to believe that some how Zogby created a trick question in order to manipulate the data findings, and therefore he can disregard the fact that 72% of troops think we should be out in a year, and quite frankly that is a much more damning statistic than any that Olberman threw out during is piece.

If it was NOT a trick question then why is it so damn hard to find the question??? :D

Or better manage the war.

"In the newly created position of assistant to the president and deputy national security adviser for Iraq and Afghanistan policy and implementation, Lute would have the power to direct the Pentagon, State Department and other agencies involved in the two conflicts."

And when things go to crap Bush can say, hey it was his job. Ignoring the fact that he is Commander and Chief, and as such is the War Czar.

And when things go to crap Bush can say, hey it was his job. Ignoring the fact that he is Commander and Chief, and as such is the War Czar.

oh boy.......... :doh:

Something tells me the media will continue their relentless assault on our President regardless of the assistance he has from others. Don't you worry your little bippy about that.

Archived