Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Fans Say to Players....

SkinsNoles21

Not as crazy as the man that said, "My mother's in a wheelchair Clinton..." as he asked Portis to sign something. As if that matters. I mean, it's sad that his mom is in a wheelchair but come on guy...price of eggs in China? The other one was funny----Dad tells son, "don't worry about the picture (as the kid is trying to get a shot of Portis signing autographs with his camera phone)...get the signature!" That was friggin' hilarious :)

IMG_1306.jpg

hahahaha yes I was there for that one too. I was standing literally right beside the dude and I was thinking to myself, unbelievable.

I however, was able to land Portis's signature.

what was driving me crazy was when cooley was at the convention center he came on the mic, and said he had ten minutes to sign autographs. he had kids all around him and some grown man is sitting there saying " COOLEY, COOLEY, TURN AROUND DUDE, TURN AROUND, SIGN THIS!" do you really think that he is going to want to turn around and sign that for you?

then there was this other guy with one of those cardboard tickets that is like 5' tall holding it up over everyone trying to get him to sign it, and when chris did look up to sign it, the guy starts tapping him on the head with it.

he was there longer than ten minutes signing and then when he left a woman that didnt get his autograph said "he is a jack a$!"

what was driving me crazy was when cooley was at the convention center he came on the mic, and said he had ten minutes to sign autographs. he had kids all around him and some grown man is sitting there saying " COOLEY, COOLEY, TURN AROUND DUDE, TURN AROUND, SIGN THIS!" do you really think that he is going to want to turn around and sign that for you?

I don't think anyone over 16 should be asking for autographs. I bet most of the older people just put the crap on eBay anyway.

But that's just my opinion...

One of my favorite quotes from "The Sixth Sense"

Cole Sear: I see stupid people.

Malcolm Crowe: In your dreams?

[Cole shakes his head no]

Malcolm Crowe: While you're awake?

[Cole nods]

Malcolm Crowe: Stupid people like, at tailgates? At games?

Cole Sear: Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're stupid.

Malcolm Crowe: How often do you see them?

Cole Sear: All the time. They're everywhere.

I don't think anyone over 16 should be asking for autographs. I bet most of the older people just put the crap on eBay anyway.

But that's just my opinion...

It's funny you say that. Pictures mean more to me than autographs. As a kid, I was a real autograph hound. But, photography has become a really cool hobby of mine and I get more pleasure having pictures of/with players than having them sign something.

It's funny you say that. Pictures mean more to me than autographs. As a kid, I was a real autograph hound. But, photography has become a really cool hobby of mine and I get more pleasure having pictures of/with players than having them sign something.

Look! It's a bar napkin that proves that I was in the same bar as John Riggins! I think that bar napkin ended up under my next drink. The football I once had with all the autographs on it was soon being tossed around my backyard. :)

And I agree, photographs are cooler...and MUCH more personal.

yeah i saw some stupid thing fans too..... a couple of things that have always bothered me... some guys were obviously drunk and bothering samuels while he was eating and just wouldnt leave.... he finally said alright I said just one questions.. then when they walked away he rolled his eyes and just went wow.....

I also saw one guy ask sellars for his autograph on a football and sellars said you got it already right there.... it was already on the ball.... obviously this guy had no idea who sellars was.....

My ultimate is just seeing the players that close and maybe shaking their hand or asking how they are doing.

The best experience I took home was being there with my girlfriend and showing her the players. Even though she is a Steelers fan she still enjoyed it.

I am upset the Steelers don't have events like this because that would score me major brownie points :)

Stwasm, I didn't see you at beach blitz :(

I'll catch you at the Steeler's tailgate, brother.

I am upset the Steelers don't have events like this because that would score me major brownie points :)

I was under the impression that the Steelers' training camp was VERY fan-friendly and the players were very accessible. I have friends that go there every year for it.

Hey, we all need brownie points...

I cringe whenever I see people ask one star to sign another star's jersey

There was alot of this at the Blitz. I remember thinking to myself...I wonder how Dexter Manley feels signing a Clinton Portis jersey? And then I laughed to myself and shook my head. But I guess if that's all you have to get autos on..what the heck right?:whoknows: Beats the heck outta me on this one.

After the Skins/Cowboy game at Fedex in '05, I had a picture of Matt Bowen, while he was signing it, for some reason I said "Damn, you look good in uniform." He gave me the strangest look. After about a few minutes, I realized that what i said sounded a little gay.

All I know is Huly should no longer allow me to talk to redskins in social environments after a few too many drinks...

Particularly after telling Cooley how good my ass looked compared to the girl he was talking to :doh:

Archived