Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Fans Say to Players....

SkinsNoles21

After spending the weekend at the Beach Blitz and being surrounded by players and fans...I heard a lot of different things being said to players...but the number one conversation that stood out to me was between #75 Calvin Armstrong and a fan...

Calvin was signing auto's for fans after a bunch of the o-linemen were doing drills for everyone...

It went a little something like this...

Fan-Who's gonna be the starting quarterback this year!?

Armstrong-Ummm...Jason Campbell.

Fan-(in a sarcastic tone) Thank you, Thank you! I thought Campbell should have started last season...

Armstrong- Me too, but I get paid to block not make decisions...

Typed out this doesnt seem so bad...but in person, this conversation sounded completely ridiculous to me for three reasons...

1)This is Calvin Armstrong, a guy just looking to nab a roster spot, why are you asking him who the starting qb will be...

2)Campbell didnt start from the beginning, but he did start, and how the hell do you not know that Campbell is the starter this year. Seems to me if you are gonna shell out 15 bucks to go down to the Beach Blitz, you'd know who the starting QB is going to be.

3)The Beach Blitz is neither the time nor the place for this, and...sorry dude, but...you are a moron. Not only did he sound like he didnt know what he was talking about...but he sounded like a dick. I'm sure Mr. Armstrong was thinking the same thing.

I also heard a guy congratulate Gary Clark on the Hall of Fame...

I know other people have stories like this too...what have you guys heard fans say to players, that has caused you to shed a burgundy and gold tear?

Yea man, that was a crazy thing to ask. To answer your question though, I havent heard a fan say anything bad (yet) to a player personally. But there is alot of things said on this board that I cant believe.

very true...but this is a message board, where its ok to say the craziest of things(if you are up to the task of getting reamed by your fellow fans.)

Pez was talking about some fan asking really stupid questions at the Skills challenge, it was not the some conversation though.

I saw a bunch of fans acting stupid this weekend if that counts?

I don't care if im 19, it has been my experience that the general public is fairly stupid. And therefore when you get a mass of people in one area there shall be many fairly stupid people asking fairly stupid questions and saying fairly stupid things. Also acting well, fairly stupid.

I'm sure there are more stories about other people saying stupid things at Blitz and i would like to hear them so i can laugh at just how stupid people can be.

Guest sk1nzHEAD

just one of those things you have to put up with..there's a lot of stupid people in the world..

Pez was talking about some fan asking really stupid questions at the Skills challenge, it was not the some conversation though.

I saw a bunch of fans acting stupid this weekend if that counts?

Yeah, that guy was an *******. He was also wearing a Patriots jersey, with a Redskins hat.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes that guy was an idiot.

There were a few things I saw and heard that made me laugh.

I just want to know why people show up with cowgirl etc crap on.

Most people that havent been around "Stars", or "Sports Figures" and when they get the chance the just want to say something and when they open their mouths normally the foot gets inserted in the empty space.......

Most people that havent been around "Stars", or "Sports Figures" and when they get the chance the just want to say something and when they open their mouths normally the foot gets inserted in the empty space.......

I asked Jason Fabini if the players had to drive themselves down to the beach or if it was a coordinated event with a bus or something :silly:. I had wondered this for years though when it came to out of town events.

They drive themselves :)

As far as talking to players goes, I usually just say good luck this year, I'm a big fan. Something along those lines. Someone like Cartwright that I've been following for years I may say a little bit more, like mention one of his best plays/games or something. I also ask rookies/undrafted rookies how their chances look for making the roster.

Not as crazy as the man that said, "My mother's in a wheelchair Clinton..." as he asked Portis to sign something. As if that matters. I mean, it's sad that his mom is in a wheelchair but come on guy...price of eggs in China? The other one was funny----Dad tells son, "don't worry about the picture (as the kid is trying to get a shot of Portis signing autographs with his camera phone)...get the signature!" That was friggin' hilarious :)

IMG_1306.jpg

man, i'd smack the **** out of someone if i saw them wearing a pats jersey and redskins hat. seriously, i would get pretty pissed off. Unles you are a little kid,mentally handicap, you have no right to go and be stupid and disrespect my team like that.

It's kinda like the othe day I ehard a guy tell me he liked the redskins and the cowboys...

I looked at him in disgust and just walked away. I don't want to hear 1 mo ewod out of anyone's mouth who is that ****ing stupid

Archived