Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attn: Skins Naysayers...Let's Make A Bet

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

My problem with the defense was just what you said calls off the bet. If Griffen, Springs, Washington, are out the defense sucks. Thats why we need depth, which is something they didn't get for the DL.

So I guess I'm not a naysayer. Last years defense would have been fine if nobody got injured but the reality is that they did, and likely will again.

But also last years defense didn't have any IR type injuries either and they were still 31st in the league.

I'm not willing to bet either way with this defense. If Griffen misses 4-6 games and Washington misses 2-3 games and Springs/Taylor miss a handful they'd still not have IR type injuries but the defense probably won't be top 15.

I say that if Williams really is an elite DC it shouldn't matter if a few good players get hurt. It never caused the Pats or Eagles or Bears or Chargers defense to totally collapse when they had huge amounts of injuries the past few years.

I just wanted to say that Taylor is not upset about his contract, He knows how much he is coveted and he knows when the time comes for his 7 year contract to be up he will get a nice re-signing contract then. By the time it's over with Taylor will be the betst safety in the league and i'll put my sig up to bet that. I can tell already that he is growing up and he wants to win and be better for the team.

Count me in as an optomist... I think Gregg is a great D cordinator and he will turn this around. I think the combo of Taylor and Landry is going to be down right nasty and what AA and Taylor was suppose to be.. I think Carter will continue to get better and Smoot will bring a swager back to our D.. While I am still very converned about the D line I am willing to stick my neck out on the line because I am a redskins fan... Sign me up as an optomist please...

My problem with the defense was just what you said calls off the bet. If Griffen, Springs, Washington, are out the defense sucks. Thats why we need depth, which is something they didn't get for the DL.

So I guess I'm not a naysayer. Last years defense would have been fine if nobody got injured but the reality is that they did, and likely will again.

But also last years defense didn't have any IR type injuries either and they were still 31st in the league.

I'm not willing to bet either way with this defense. If Griffen misses 4-6 games and Washington misses 2-3 games and Springs/Taylor miss a handful they'd still not have IR type injuries but the defense probably won't be top 15.

I say that if Williams really is an elite DC it shouldn't matter if a few good players get hurt. It never caused the Pats or Eagles or Bears or Chargers defense to totally collapse when they had huge amounts of injuries the past few years.

exactly. this bet is retarded because it is completely lopsided. its basically saying, "if every player remains healthy, i bet that were a decent defense". no defense ever stays completely healthy, and thats the whole point of depth, which we lack. if califan can take that stipulation out of his "bet", im game, and ill proudly wear the beyotch sig if im wrong.

"The Redskins defense was horrible last year. They broke team records for futility in both sacks and turnovers, and I bet they came close to breaking NFL records. They also ended up at the bottom of the league in overall team defense."

Does the above statment make me a naysayer? Or a pessimist? Man...I thought that just made me a realist.

If it does make me a naysayer - well, my friend, call me Mr. Naysayer.

And I'd be happy to take this bet if you remove the ridiculous injury clause. Injuries happen to every team every year. The best teams in the league overcome them. My main complaint with this team, and the main reason you call me a 'naysayer', is their 'free agent and veteran first' mentality instead of building through the draft. That is what gives them no depth, and thus no protection from injuries.

Yeah, part of my arguement is that some of the older and more injury proned players can't be counted on to turn this defense back into a top unit. I'm sure it will be improved somewhat, but with an old injury prone defensive line that can't rush the passer, it's hard to say excactly how much it will improve.

Defense better improve... you can't get much lower than last year. The only way to go is up.

Yeah, part of my arguement is that some of the older and more injury proned players can't be counted on to turn this defense back into a top unit. I'm sure it will be improved somewhat, but with an old injury prone defensive line that can't rush the passer, it's hard to say excactly how much it will improve.

Defense better improve... you can't get much lower than last year. The only way to go is up.

exactly. griffin/washington/daniels/salavea/springs are all injury concerns (and a BEING HERE concern with springs). you cant make bets with disclaimers like "the bet is void if any starter is out for a period of time" because that sorta thing happens every year. like i stated before, drop that part of the bet and im in. but there are some here who really think our dline can be relied on, and i am definitely not one of those people.

I can't believe people would actually bet against there own teams success, I just can't fathom that. I'll bet with Cali, and with the SKINS.

i dont want to root for our failure, but you have to think about it from a reality standpoint. we have a very old dline with injury concerns, and its disheartening to me that we didnt address it. do i hope they all stay healthy and dominate?? absolutely. do i honestly believe they will?? no. i really hope im completely wrong about the dline and that they return to 04 form, but im not holding my breath.

i dont want to root for our failure, but you have to think about it from a reality standpoint. we have a very old dline with injury concerns, and its disheartening to me that we didnt address it. do i hope they all stay healthy and dominate?? absolutely. do i honestly believe they will?? no. i really hope im completely wrong about the dline and that they return to 04 form, but im not holding my breath.

hey man, its just a bet, all for fun, we are ALL fans, we ALL want this team to win.. hop on the naysayer side and have some fun. Its just your avatar.

:cheers:

I'm in man...put me down on your side...I think the D will have a solid year for sure!

here's my only problem though...the turnover ratio makes our offense part of the equation...if our offense only gives up 2 turnovers it's an easy win...but if our offense gives up 40 turnovers we'll be screwed...so what about just making it a total number of turnovers the defense will create instead?

No I don't want to think about it realistically. I'm a skins fan.:)

Our secondary is much improved, even if they are weak, they can be compensated for. Were going back to exotic blitz schemes. Carter is going to be a beast, and all will be ok. But no way, will I ever bet against Gibbs and GW. It's not a good move.

No this is simple bet hedging. The defense will do well if they stay healthy, they did it in 04 and 05. The problem is they are aging and miss time due to injury. That is the main problem. To have the bet called off because of injury is unfair, when that is the main weakness

The injury clause only applies to 1 out of 4 players who would have to have a season ending injury. Getting nicked up and missing a game here or there doesn't apply. After week 12 that clause goes away. So its not bet hedging. He has to one thing in his favor and that's not really in his favor either.

hey man, its just a bet, all for fun, we are ALL fans, we ALL want this team to win.. hop on the naysayer side and have some fun. Its just your avatar.

:cheers:

Your going to have fun betting on your teams failure? Doesn't matter how small the stakes are. Come on man. If you win your bet, you lose cause your team was bad. If you lose the bet, you lose again cause you doubted your team. Come on with the optimists, it's much more fun. :cheers:

I already said it's NOT a fair bet...I said it leans heavily in one side's favor: the naysayers' side.

You'd have to show me how it leans heavily in favor of the Optimists' side, cuz I don't see it.

They can't, only thing the naysayers WILL do is complain and take a friendly bet and twist it so they can say OH ITS NOT FAIR :(

No I don't want to think about it realistically. I'm a skins fan.:)

Our secondary is much improved, even if they are weak, they can be compensated for. Were going back to exotic blitz schemes. Carter is going to be a beast, and all will be ok. But no way, will I ever bet against Gibbs and GW. It's not a good move.

we ran tons of "exotic" blitzes last year, just none of them worked and were picked up most of the time.

and i guess thats where we differ, im a huge skins fan but i still think about this team realistically.

This isn't happening. I'll take that bet. But the barring injury bs isn't part of it. One of the exact reasons why I am not an optimist about this team is because of the revolting lack of depth on this team. If Carter goes down, what's our pass rush? Exactly: nothing. If Springs leaves, and then Smoot goes down as he is apt to do, who is our 2nd corner? That's right: nobody.

The problem with this team is the poor Front Office management, and it manifests itself by not having any depth.

But I'll take that bet without your ridiculous limitation of "barring injury."

Archived